Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss Red Seven

NEW X-Wing Art... Wow!

I like how the one that says "Elite Pilots and Advanced Tactics" shows a TIE pilot crashing into a stalactite

I think they wanted to show the X-Wing as the hero in that image.

Also these backgrounds are little previews on the E7 story. We know for example that X-Wings are zooming over a large body of water, and now we are seeing a battle in a cave too... kinda fun.

:)

I like how the one that says "Elite Pilots and Advanced Tactics" shows a TIE pilot crashing into a stalactite

I think they wanted to show the X-Wing as the hero in that image.

Also these backgrounds are little previews on the E7 story. We know for example that X-Wings are zooming over a large body of water, and now we are seeing a battle in a cave too... kinda fun.

More rebel propaganda move along. Nothing to see here.

They have such big intakes and such tiny thrusters.

bloodtype AB ,then?

As far as I know Conduction > Radiation for heat transfer, so things cool slower in space than in an atmosphere. If this was reversed I could see this being needed for when planet side. Maybe space wizards or engineers found an interesting material that works differently.

Anyway doesn't that top right thruster (from our PoV) look like a torpedo passing inches above the xwing.

They have such big intakes and such tiny thrusters.

bloodtype AB ,then?

As far as I know Conduction > Radiation for heat transfer, so things cool slower in space than in an atmosphere. If this was reversed I could see this being needed for when planet side. Maybe space wizards or engineers found an interesting material that works differently.

Anyway doesn't that top right thruster (from our PoV) look like a torpedo passing inches above the xwing.

Does this account for conduction in atmosphere being at 70 degrees and -70 for the radiation in space?

More knowledgable people can talk about it better, I'm not a scientist so I checked Google about cooling things in space vs on earth. I doubt numbers matter much when we are talking space fantasy, but I'm sure there are tech numbers for xwings that maybe relate if you want to math it. ...now I'm curious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1g7wf3/will_things_cool_faster_in_air_than_in_the_vacuum/

Edited by GeneticDrift

More knowledgable people can talk about it better, I'm not a scientist so I checked Google about cooling things in space vs on earth. I doubt numbers matter much when we are talking space fantasy, but I'm sure there are tech numbers for xwings that maybe relate if you want to math it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1g7wf3/will_things_cool_faster_in_air_than_in_the_vacuum/

Literally the first reply says it depends on temperature, so who knows?

More knowledgable people can talk about it better, I'm not a scientist so I checked Google about cooling things in space vs on earth. I doubt numbers matter much when we are talking space fantasy, but I'm sure there are tech numbers for xwings that maybe relate if you want to math it.https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1g7wf3/will_things_cool_faster_in_air_than_in_the_vacuum/

Literally the first reply says it depends on temperature, so who knows?
Hey, read the whole first comment before passing judgment. It's not like the the rest is DBZ power ups.

Edit: http://youtu.be/yJ7ZgeKx8a8

And the art is real nice.

Edited by GeneticDrift

I love the new X and I love McQuarrie's art, and they definitely took more than inspiration from it, but there's something decidedly 70's about McQuarrie's art that is super cool and even JJ cannot emulate.

Did you guys see these yet?

swx36-step1.jpg

Looks like these just got posted in the new game showcase page here.

This is great!

:D

31-Dogfight.png

Looks similar.

The McQuarrie's looks definitely closer to the white and clean ships of Kubrick's 2001: Space Odyssey (really influential in the 70's) than to the industrial lived-in warm colors of the OT rebel ships.

The JJ Abrahams' one looks like a merge of styles: McQuarrie's shape, with OT lived-in grime, and the whole "rounded edges" trend of the Apple style that also the stormtroopers in EP7 seem to follow.