Jump to content
ColonelCommissar

Edge of Darkness IC

Recommended Posts

The Imperials are at the very door of the command centre. Braxus launches off a stream of shots to put their heads down. "Right, we're going," he grabs the arm of your last man, physically dragging him out of the room towards the tunnels. You meet in the lower passages; all shaken, some injured, and quite ready to get out, which you promptly do as you race off down the tunnel.

 

The Imperials are following behind you, just out of sight as you drop into the sewer entrance. Braxus sends you on, planting a thermal detonator on proximity setting in the entrance you just came through before following on. You race down the tunnel as fast as you can, until a sudden blast and concussive wave of hot air from behind bring you up short. You look back down the passage, but no pursuit follows. Shakily, you follow the other Rebels out until you emerge from a storm drain at the very edge of the city just as dawn breaks over the far mountains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This guy is heavier than he looks, and he looks bloody heavy," Rax grunts, on the verge of exhaustion. "We need to get to the vehicle and get out of here. The Imperials will block off entire sections of the city once they realize we have escaped through here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toco wipes the dust that is caking his face away from his eyes.

 

"Well, we may have lost a base; but the Imps won't forget that exit for quite a while."

 

"I can't believe we are still alive."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oro squints a bit at the coming daylight after exiting the dark sewers. "The compound sounds like a good place to lay low until things die down a bit. We can patch ourselves up, plan our next move, and do something about Zavvel here. I'm not totally opposed to putting a bullet in his head at this point, but we should talk about it once we're safe."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You set off down the valley towards the farm, the sun rising as you cross an open crop field before climbing the low embankment the road is built on and turning to follow the road towards the farm. A few agri-droids are tending the fields, but if they notice your presence they give no sign. The compound is simple - a maintenance shop, likely unmanned except for when needed; a barn to store the heavy equipment, and three tall grain silos. Braxus sections his men forward rapidly, conscious that at any moment you could be observed, especially given that you are hardly camouflaged for this environment.

 

"I'd get forward soon," he suggests. "You'll want to get comfortable; we're going to be here for a good ten hours yet."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"LT, if someone could wrangle me a ration pack or two, I'll post up on one of those silos."

 

Sizing up the silos, Toco is looking for the one with best sight lines to set up a watch/sniper post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rax dumps Zavvel on what looks like a pile of tarpaulin-like material in one corner. "Finally. That guy is heavy. We had better not shoot him after carrying him all this way. Hey doc, would you mind taking a look at my arm? At the moment it feels like it needs to be amputated. At the neck," Rax says in an exhausted tone as he half sits, half falls on a chair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Head up there," Braxus gestures Toco to the silo nearest the road. "I'll have food sent round as soon as there's time," he and his command staff set off towards the barn, where a temporary aid station run by two field medics has been set up on the upper level. You're left out on the road, a cold wind blowing across the bleak fields under a slate-grey sky. Rain looks to be on the way soon, but at least it will mask your withdrawal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As he turns to go, Toco says to Rax,

 

"That's a hell of a shot you took. It is amazing you are still standing. Way to go, Hotdog!"

 

And spinning round on Oro,

 

"You went toe to toe with that karking traitor." He nods in admiration. "Wow."

 

Toco heads out into the rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tired from the mission, Geoff quickly gets the ECM online as the others discussed Zavvel's fate.  "Hold off on that for a second.  Lets get the wounded taken care of first.  After that, lets "discuss" what happened with everyone that was there.  Then we can wake him up."

 

Satisfied it is on, Geoff looks at Lieutenant Braxus.  "Sir, what do we have as far as wounded go?"

 

[First thing we should do is get the wounded and injured looked at first.  I know there are quite a few wounded on the team, but what about the NPCs?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We've got a lot of wounded spread across the platoons. I've got them laid out in the upper level of the barn with any personnel who've got medical training supervising, but there are only three of those so if you can head up and provide assistance. I'm sure our people can fill you in when you arrive."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Rax's injury, Geoff nods.  "In that case, better get everyone here taken care of first.  Then we can get the rest of the cell taken care of."

 

[What are the checks for Rax's, Issan's, and Oro's injuries?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting on the more serious case, Geoff quickly works on Rax's arm, trying to time how long it takes.  Might have to switch it to only two, then.  Which means Rax and Oro will need to get checked out first.

 

Once done with Rax's injury, Geoff motions for Oro to come over.  "Unfortunately, I want to be helping the rest of the cell out as quickly as possible.  Would one of you assist me in doing that?"

 

 

Oro's Heal Check: 3eA+1eP+1eB+1eD 4 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.pnga-s-s.pnga-s-s.pngp-a-a.pngb-a.pngd-th-th.png

 

Finished with Oro's wound, Geoff starts getting the gear semi-repacked and heads to where the rest of the casualties are.

 

[Rax's crit has been taken care of with an additional success.  Oro heals 5 wounds (four successes plus one from Surgeon) and three strain.  Heading over to where the rest of the casualties are and see if I can help out there.  Anyone want to come along?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Thanks for the patch job, Doc," Oro says as he cracks his knuckles and stretches his neck. "Not sure how much help I'll be fixing up the wounded, but if you need me to hold someone down while you amputate a limb, I can do that. Sure, I'll assist you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering his options and the situation, Geoff purses his lips and scratches his chin, feeling the growing stubble.  If this was an actual med camp and we could rest, I'd take him along.  Unfortunately....

 

Shaking his head, Geoff starts getting the gear packed up a bit.  "Honestly, I'd just take Oro with me in case some one needs to be restrained.  I'd prefer you stay on look out and by The Brick in case we need to move out quickly."

 

Getting the gear packed up, Geoff leads Oro to the triage area.  "Just in case, Oro, if we need to move out quickly we'll have to make we get as many casualties on the Brick as possible."

 

Once there, Geoff seeks out Specialist Haru.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaking his head, Geoff starts getting the gear packed up a bit.  "Honestly, I'd just take Oro with me in case some one needs to be restrained.  I'd prefer you stay on look out and by The Brick in case we need to move out quickly."

Either Rax is not even attempting to hide his relief, or he is a terrible actor. Geoff gets the distinct feeling the last place the young pilot wants to be is tending to the sick and wounded.

 

"No problem Doc, I'll find something useful to do." He sets off looking for Tockur and the Brick, but turns back just as he starts to head on out. "I don't suppose you have a stimpack or two to tide me over the worst of this," he asks Geoff, looking at his bandaged left arm.

Edited by Kymrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...