Jump to content
ColonelCommissar

Edge of Darkness IC

Recommended Posts

Toco rushes back through the fire towards the base of the tower, where more men wait to collect supplies. Four of the Rebels by the tower are carrying newly-stamped Imperial missile launchers, freshly drawn from recently opened crates. The fire from above hasn't slackened. Rax and Oro have shifted Zavvel over to the rear of the room; from there they could leave him and get back to the action, or move him down into the sewer. Geoff, CeeTee and Issan are trading potshots with Imperial skirmishers, available for any duty they might choose.

 

"I'm going for another run!" shouts Braxus from below. "Who's with me?" a chorus of cheers answers him. "Any of you?" he asks Toco, but referring to the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oro drops the still unconscious Zavvel to the ground, and surveys the scene. He notices the Stormtroopers continuing their attack, but also sees the Rebels wielding the missile launchers. Before making a decision on whether or not he or the rest of his team should follow Braxus for another supply run, he assesses the situation.

 

Knowledge Warfare Check: 2eP+1eD+1eC 1 success, 3 threat
p-s-s.pngp--.pngd-f-th.pngc-th-th.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again Toco must brave the gauntlet of enemy fire as he rushes after Braxus to grab a second crate.

 

Targeting Toco (vs. Athletics): 4eA+1eC+2eD+3eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.pnga--.pnga-s-a.pnga-s-a.pngc--.pngd-th-th.pngd-f.pngs--.pngs-f.pngs--.png

 

The fire does little to affect him, smacking into the wall behind him as he rushes to reach the supply storage. Hauling up another crate, he carries it back to the command centre, now under increasingly heavy fire. "Time to go," observes Braxus, as the first of the Imperial walkers hoves into view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I patch into the comms of all PC's.

 

"Guys, I've managed to get in contact with the Imperials, don't ask questions just accept it!
Here's the details, I have the positions of all, yes all, Imperial personnel and also on all of the walkers inbound, how many have we scanned incoming? Well, i can update that to be three incoming. also, there's a mass of reinforcements coming in that we either need to form a battle plan or get the hell out of here. now that leaves a big problem, the building is surrounded, though the Imps haven't gone to the underground networks yet, that may be a way to get us out, though i am unsure how many we will get out...
I am trying to negotiate our way out without further casualties on both sides but at the moment i am having no luck, i will keep trying and trying in the form of explosive negotiations if i have too."

 

with that CT rolls along the gantry to the nearest console, plugs in and immediately starts telling people when the best time to move and shoot is. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A stream of fire chases Braxus into the command centre. "When this is over droid, I want to know precisely how you got hold of that data. Right now though, I don't really care, I just want to pull my men out," he's followed by a trail of men lugging crates over the tunnel entrance. "Revenant team, first squad, with me. We'll hold the Imps back. What are we doing with the patient?" he casually throws a thumb over one shoulder to indicate the gently slumbering form of Captain Zavvel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We'll get him out of here. Through the tunnels. We should get going. If the Imperials have blocked that exit we are done for anyway," Rax replies, wincing slightly as he moves his now useless left arm getting up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You can take a look when there's nobody trying to fry us in plasma with a side of high explosives," Braxus reassures him. "Now if I were you, I'd get down," he gestures towards the chrono display on CeeTee's chassis - one which is ticking down to the final seconds of a remote stopwatch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the chrono, Geoff grabs the mic again, the looks at the LT.  "About to do something possibly stupid.  If it works, though, we might keep a bit more strength for the cell.  Could you have our guys get ready to shoot anyone being ornery?"

 

Looking around, Geoff hits the button on the mic for the warehouse PA.  "All rebel forces, get to the command center.  I say again, all rebel forces get to the command center.  You have one minute to comply."

 

[At one minute and thirty seconds, Geoff will let the rest of the cell know to make it to the command center.  Anyone who doesn't listen is on their own.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing Geoff's message call out, Toco grinds his grip tighter on his rifle.

 

"Where is that kriffing kark-biter with the repeating blaster?"

 

Toco is keeping particular watch for the Rebel who shot at us with the auto-fire weapon. Ready to put that guy down if he turns his weapon on our retreating Allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an ominous clanking sound that resonates through the building as the first walker rounds the corner of the gaping hole in the wall and seems to peer in in an odd, almost quasi-organic gesture of curiousity. After a moment it enters, grenade launcher rotating and blasters seeking out a target in the mess of smoke, gunfire and rock dust. It stomps into the cavernous room, crushing crates beneath it with contemptuous ease, its companions moving in behind it and spreading to either side behind. And then the ceiling above them drops out in a rush of searing, scorching flame. Rockcrete slabs plummet down, utterly annihilating the three walkers and crushing them into the ground. Strips of metal from gantries; sections of roofing; even long thin pipes from the roof superstructure bury the three walkers and the troops flooding in behind them.

 

The blast wave from the explosion blasts back those stood up or out of cover across the warehouse. In the command centre windows blow out and datapads and other small objects are flung across the room as blunt shrapnel. A wave of hot air crisps your lungs as it blows in. There is silence for a few moments, broken only by the soft sounds of settling masonry, before the first screams begin again.

 

"Now seems like a good time to go," says Braxus. "We can get everyone assembled later; for now our main job is to get anyone who's not trying to kill us out of the building," he lowers his voice. "You know what that means. We pardon anyone who fought for Zavvel who'll come with us. This is a long war and we need the numbers; let's not compromise that."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nodding at Braxus, Geoff keys the mic on the PA again.  "All rebel forces, make it back to the command center and get ready to evac.  Get the wounded out, then any gear that is accessible."

 

Turning to Braxus, Geoff takes out his demo charge.  "Lets identify critical equipment here.  If we can take it, lets do so.  Otherwise, show us the one thing that will leave a huge fireball when this is strapped to it.  Likewise, I will cover the escape with Rax and Toco."

 

[Geoff is going to rig the demo on the whatever will eave a crater, unless CT wants to do it.  This way there shouldn't be very much left for the Imperials to go through when we leave.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rax grunts under the weight of Zavvel as he and Oro lower him into the tunnels and start half-carrying, half-dragging the commander out. "I hope the Imperials don't know about the tunnels or we are as good as dead," he mutters to Oro, grinding his teeth in pain over his injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You pull back from the control room, fleeing down into the tunnels and running through the sewers. The last of the Rebels have cleared out - only the last of you remains, dithering with the final charge. The rest of the team is far away and running, but you've stayed behind with Braxus deliberating over placing the charge. "Last chance," he points out. "We should go."

 

Whoever wants to place the charge can, otherwise in 24 hours you'll leave and I'll move things on entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...