Jump to content
ColonelCommissar

Edge of Darkness IC

Recommended Posts

CT-55 activates his thrusters, launching himself down to the lower level amidst a hail of blaster fire stinging the air. But his landing is heavy, coming down hard in the floor, jolting his systems and inflicting further strain on his systems.

 

Across the warehouse the lights flicker out over the Rebels, obscuring them from Imperial fire. The building is in utter pandemonium; stacks of crates are collapsing or bursting apart from explosions and hails of gunfire, creating new avenues and corridors and splitting apart different squads from different forces. Disparate Rebel groups join together to cut down Imperial fire teams coming towards them, only to turn on each other in a hail of fire as soon as their mutual foe is despatched. Braxus is keeping his groups close to the control room, but this gives him limited room to maneuver. He has sent some troops out, creating room for more to come in behind, but now these ones are getting cut off - and cut down.

 

In the midst of it all, Geoff notices something on the long-range scanners: AT-STs, three of them, at the most extreme range the scanners can manage, coming down the street towards you. They outgun everything that both Rebel forces can manage. Braxus looks up from directing a repeater team into position and sees the screen.

 

"Kark it! We've only got a few minutes left. We have to try to pull out," he begins rounding up Rebel squads and sending them back out again - until a voice comes ringing up from below in challenge.

 

"You're not going anywhere!" roars Zavvel, as he pulls his own knife and lunges at Oro.

 

Targeting Oro: 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s.pnga-s-a.pnga-s.pngb-s-a.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.png

 

5+3=8 damage minus soak

 

Oro has a Setback on his next roll

 

Zavvel's knife cuts deep, scoring wounds across Oro's arms and legs, momentarily weakening him.

 

Rebel NPC

PC <-- You are here

PC

Rebel NPC

PC

Rebel NPC

Imperial NPC

PC

Imperial NPC

PC

PC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the echo of his Zygerrian masters' voice, "Ignore the cattle fighting your target, put him down now!"; Toco takes a reckless shot into the scrum that is Oro and the monstrous Zavvel.

 

Flipping a Light Side Destiny point.

 

Blast Rifle shot at Medium Range, with Adversary 1, target is Engaged, Destiny point flip, darkness and 2 Aims: 4eP+2eB+2eC+3eS 4 successes

p-s-a.pngp-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngc-th-th.pngc-th-th.pngs-th.pngs--.pngs--.png
 
13 Damage
 
A telling blow lands on the Captain, but not as effective as his last shot.
 
Deep inside Toco his old Master's voice coos, "Good job, Cattle."
Edited by Tear44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oro, Omek, can you drag Zavvel out of here if he's still alive? We can't let the Imperials take him. He knows too much," Rax shouts at his companions, gritting his teeth as his now useless left arm jostles about as he runs. 

 

"I'll cover you," he shouts, and fires his blaster at the nearest stormtroopers as he runs for the cover of the doorway

 

Rax is using his maneuver to run into cover, probably to the doorway, unless another cover seems better. 

 

Shooting at Stormtroopers again: 4eA+1eP+2eD+1eS 2 successes

a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.pnga--.pngp-s-s.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.pngs-th.png
 
Got confused and forgot the setback for the attachment:
 

Shooting at Stormtroopers again: 1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
s-th.png
 
So 2 successes, 1 threat. Damage is 8.
Edited by Kymrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another Stormtrooper topples over, leaving only one trooper left in the team, crouched behind a stack of rapidly-disintegrating crates. As Rax's shots whizz over his head, the lone Rebel with a repeater looks back. He sees the Zabrak with a bloody knife stood over his commander, a man he has followed through hell and back; he sees the diplomat running towards the knife-wielder, and the cocky pilot blazing away at the Imperials. Fool, he thinks. Never ignore the enemy right in front of you. He raises his blaster, flicks it to automatic, and lets loose.

 

Flipping a Destiny point.

 

Targeting Oro: 3eP+1eB+2eD+3eS 0 successes
p-s-a.pngp-a.pngp--.pngb-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.pngs-f.png

 

The shots careen off into the ceiling, spent harmlessly on the aluminium roof.

 

"Kriff it..."

 

 

Rebel NPC

PC

PC

Rebel NPC

PC <-- You are here

Rebel NPC

Imperial NPC

PC

Imperial NPC

PC

PC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm on it, Rax," Oro shouts back as he reaches down to grab the unconscious Zavvel and tries to drag him back towards the group and out of further danger. "You don't think you were going to get off this easy, did you? We're not done with you, but we also can't let you fall into Imperial hands."

 

Average Athletics check, one Setback from the previous Threats during the attack on Oro, and I'm going to not bother trying to not hurt him for a second Setback. If he wakes up and is pissed, I'll just knock his lights out again, lol. ;)

 

Athletics check: 3eA+1eP+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.pnga-s.pnga-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-f.pngd--.pngs-f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The remainder of Zavvel's command team continues firing at the Stormtroopers approaching them, unwilling as yet to take their eyes off of the approaching enemy, even as their commander is dragged to the foot of the staircase by the Rebels. Leaning out of cover, they unleash a synchronised volley towards the Stormtroopers.

 

Targeting Stormtroopers: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-tr.pnga--.pngb-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

 

The stream of fire cuts down two more Stormtroopers. Only two remain from the squad, across the stacks of crates from one another. Their fire slackens now, giving the specialist accompanying them a chance to line up a much better shot. Nonetheless though, the Imperials are still shooting, aiming now for what they perceive to be two Rebels evacuating a senior officer.

 

Targeting Oro: 3eA+1eB+2eD+3eS 2 successes
a-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-a.pngb-s-a.pngd--.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.pngs-th.png

 

9+2=11 damage minus soak

 

Rebel NPC

PC

PC

Rebel NPC

PC

Rebel NPC

Imperial NPC

PC <-- You are here

Imperial NPC

PC

PC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the Lieutenant start rounding people and seeing Zavvel fall, Geoff let's a sneer cross his face.  Is almost everyone in this cell incompetent or corrupt?

 

"LIEUTENANT!  WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"  Geoff yells at the Lieutenant, catching the Bothan in the act.  "DID YOU FORGET THE MISSION ALREADY?  GET OVER HERE!"

 

Shaking his head, Geoff removes the bag from his backpack and fully opens it up.  When the Lieutenant rushes over, Geoff looks up.  "Since you seem to have forgotten, our mission is NOT done with Zavvel being neutralized.  We need gear and supplies as well as sanitizing this place.  And even though the Imperials are rushing us, they are far from having the superior firepower."

 

Quickly, Geoff brings out the medpack as well as the keys and noted codes for the supply room.  "Quartermaster Somal said that all of her 'good stuff' was locked up.  If you're really concerned, get your men in there and bring it out.  I want it to be used rather than destroyed."

 

Seeing his hands grab the last item, Geoff looks up at the LT.  "And before you ask, my job is to heal people and sanitize the place.  I will be the last one out for our side.  I request you leave a team to secure our exit point from here.  Unless,"  Geoff says as he lets a wide, devilish grin cross his face, "you want to rig this bad boy up."

 

Raising his hand, dangling from the straps, is one of the demo charges.  Seeing the Lieutenant's face pale for a second, Geoff  lets out a laugh and sticks out his tongue, a look of both madness and defiance mixed together.  A laugh of insanity exits the doctor's mouth, and the LT knew the look of madness of someone on the edge.

 

Wide eyed, the LT looks from the explosive to doc back to the explosives, an expression of worry crossing his face.  "Doc, did you leave the RRM because you're insane and want to work with explosives?"

 

[ So, is it a Charm check to convince the LT that he still needs to complete his mission?  In addition, since we were leaving the place anyway, did Somal give us her codes and keys to the stockroom?]

Edited by Sarone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lieutenant rounds on Geoff.

 

"My mission, Doctor, does not begin or end with the death of one man. Yours might, just as soon as the last patient shuffles off their mortal coil, but in my case I have to keep my men alive. I'm not going to reinforce a defeat, and while this isn't a defeat yet it soon will be. I've got my best men firing and a clear path to any supplies you might want to reach, but I'm not going to keep pushing men out to where we can't recover them when a kriffload of walkers comes smashing through the wall in a few minutes time,"  he looks around the room, gesturing with one arm while securing his rifle with the other. He runs a hand through his haggard fur, considering his options. Then he keys his comlink.

 

"All scout teams listen in. First squad, hold in the command centre; I want a good strong covering fire. Fourth squad, bring your repeaters up behind first squad; once fourth are in position I want first to move to the bottom of the stairs and into cover; fourth will take over providing fire support. Second and third squads, move to the edge of the crate stacks closest to the command centre. Second, I want you positioned to fire down to the breach, keep the Imps' heads down. Third, covering fire down to the supply depot. First, once the Imps' heads are down we're going to fetch as many supplies as we can," he keys his comlink to the general operational channel. "Any personnel who can hear this, I'm taking first squad to retrieve our supplies. Any volunteers who want to come with us do; otherwise keep up the fire until I give the signal. We'll see what we can get out before it all gets too much," he closes the channel, and considers the scanner display. "If they go at the usual limit in built-up areas, we've got eight minutes until the walkers arrive. I'm going to get the supplies. Anyone else coming?"

Edited by ColonelCommissar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nodding at Lieutenant Braxus, Geoff quickly gets back to the computer terminal.  "Yes Sir, refining sensors and getting more of the system up."  Letting his fingers glide across the board, Geoff quickly enters the commands to refine the sensors as best as he could while also seeing what additional information he can get.

 

Refining Sensors: 3eA+1eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph
a-a.pnga--.pnga-s-a.pngp-tr.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

 

[Got a Triumph with two successes.  Can I use the triumph to gain more access to the network?  Being able to access communications, logs, and records will be immensely helpful...]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sensors zoom rapidly under Geoff's commands, the screen closing in to the tiniest details before expanding back out as he grasps the fundamentals of the unfamiliar controls. What he's seeing isn't good. There's at least a company of Imperial Army troopers closing in on the back of the Stormtroopers already flooding the warehouse, who are a now depleted platoon in strength. The AT-STs are further out but closing in. However it's as Geoff is noting down the readings in his head that he spots something else. When the sensors were at full magnification they logged a stress line in the warehouse's concrete ceiling. Not enough to bring it down for another two or three decades at least, but enough to create a crucial weakness. The sort of weakness that placing a demolition charge in position to exploit could cause major structural damage to the roof.

 

But despite this revelation, the Imperials are still fighting, as one of the Stormtroopers now opens up on Zavvel's remaining guards.

 

Targeting Zavvel Loyalists: 3eA+1eB+2eD+3eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.pngb-a.pngd-th.pngd-f.pngs-th.pngs--.pngs-f.png

 

The shot does no more than force the Rebels' heads down, but everything helps.

 

The next Rebel NPC to act has a Setback added. Last two PC actions please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issan hunkers down by the Breach Team heavies while he fumbles with the stimpack he'd been holding onto since the bridge raid. "Prioritize the supplies! I'd rather us leave a few blasters behind than something important!"

Spending two manuevers to pull out and jab myself with a stimpack. Foregoing action.

Edited by ImperialSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the scans, Geoff nods at Issan's statement.  How about we get as much gear as possible, Issan, thought Geoff as he quickly does some quick calculations.

 

"Sir, got a possible advantage for us.  Looks  like there's a weak point here," pointing at then weakened part of the building, "that'll collapse part of the warehouse.  If we can get those chicken walkers here, we might be able to take them out.  What do you think?"

 

As he lets Lieutenant Braxus absorb the information, Geoff coms CT.  "CT, looks like there is a possible location to rig.  Help take out the last Imperials so that the boggards will be blind in here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Geoff, i can defiantly head to set up a charge, but im not much of a shot. ill need cover. also, people will need to get out ASAP, and we'll need to time it exact."

with that i turn to Rax, "Dude, you all right? need me some decent cover to blow this place, you up for a bit of fun?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning to the point that is weakened and looking for it I soon spot it. Upon spotting it I immediately head towards it. While on the way, my rocket boosters start up and I'm heading to the gantry that will take me straight to the weak spot. In the air I see the fire-fight has gone some what our way, though that will probably change when the AT-ST's turn up. I land on the gantry wheels already turning. Getting to the weak spot I pull the demo charge out of one of my hidey holes. I then proceed to set the charge While saying to Geoff "How far out are those walkers? need to set the charge exactly"

 

Average Mechanics check to set demo charge: 2eP+1eA+2eD 4 successes, 1 advantage

 

p-s-s.pngp-a-a.pnga-s-s.pngd--.pngd-th.png
 
[im thinking the advantage can be used in the way of bettering the chance of setting the charge right.]
 
"Guy's, charge set, get clear!" 
[CC where can i start heading to get out of the blast?]
Edited by TitchFender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing that the Imperials are almost gone, Geoff, thumbs the commlink to team.  "Toco, Oro, finish off the imperials and keep an eye out for trouble.  Issan and Rax, get Zavvel up here to the command center.  CT, how do you like to set up another demo charge?"

 

Thumbing to Lieutenant Braxus's team, Geoff starts typing into the terminal for the communication logs.  "Lieutenant Braxus, a charge have been set.  If we can draw those Imperial scout walkers in, that roof collapse should take them out.  In addition, there are four dismantled swoops boxed and ready to be moved. Personnally, we could probably get more gear if we just stockpile it on the tunnel side of the hatch."

 

Looking up, Geoff stands and grabs the intercom to the warehouse.  Taking a deep breath, Geoff thumbs the hand comm.  "All Aliance forces, finish off the Imperials, then come up to the command center.  We have new information you all will want to hear."

 

[i'm looking for the communication logs.  What is the check for getting that information?]

Edited by Sarone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geoff's words ring out through the building, but meet with little response. The Zavvelites keep firing into the Imperials, who in turn respond with scything volleys of blaster fire. The Zavvelites have reached an impasse with their enemies - neither withdrawing nor advancing, only taking more and more casualties; a problem likely to be exacerbated by the arrival of new Imperial forces. Still, the battle is not over yet as Braxus and his men gathered at the base of the tower stand up and sprint towards the depot on the near end of the warehouse, Toco going with them. Shots from the Imperial forces race towards him, and he puts on a burst of speed to avoid them.

 

Targeting Toco (vs. Athletics): 4eA+1eC+2eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-a.pnga-s.pnga-a.pnga-s.pngc-f-f.pngd-th.pngd--.pngs-f.pngs--.png

 

Take 1 strain

 

In the event the cover fire from the Rebel forces prevents any damage from being taken, though the effort of avoiding the fire further strains Toco. Still, now he reaches the supply depot, where the Rebels are grabbing crates of supplies and carrying them off again through the enemy fire. "Grab something!" shouts Braxus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toco lifts the nearest crate, wishing he had paid more attention to the contents of the supply room rather than the Quartermaster when he was last here.

 

"I hope this isn't full of fresher wipes."

 

He waits for a break in the fire and hauls his butt after the other load bearing soldiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...