Sign in to follow this  
Dean3PO

So, what's next for adventure modules and career sourcebooks for AoR?

Anyone have any ideas what might be next for AoR in the adventures or sourcebooks lines? "Onslaught at Arda 1" looks like a really solid adventure and I for one can't wait to put my PCs through its paces. (I have a mixed bag of PCs, as I'm allowing all 3 rulebooks/settings ... it keeps it interesting, plus my group likes the variety).  Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING regarding a second adventure module, and if so, what's the basic story or plot? Any clues or hints would be appreciated.  ;)

Also, wondering what the next career sourcebook might be. We've got one for the Ace and one for the Diplomat ... who's next? (Commander? Engineer? Soldier? Spy)?

Any news or scuttlebutt on this would also be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Edited by Dean3PO

Anyone have any ideas what might be next for AoR in the adventures or sourcebooks lines? "Onslaught at Arda 1" looks like a really solid adventure and I for one can't wait to put my PCs through its paces. (I have a mixed bag of PCs, as I'm allowing all 3 rulebooks/settings ... it keeps it interesting, plus my group likes the variety).  Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING regarding a second adventure module, and if so, what's the basic story or plot? Any clues or hints would be appreciated.  ;)

Also, wondering what the next career sourcebook might be. We've got one for the Ace and one for the Diplomat ... who's next? (Commander? Engineer? Soldier? Spy)?

Any news or scuttlebutt on this would also be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,

Dean

1. Adventure book. The wannabe comedian in me says the sequel will be "Onslaught on Arda 2".

2. Career book. Would like to see Engineer book, but I like what you did there with the "who's next" guesses. Tinkering with the order and tailoring your responses. Very John Le Carre of you.

Usually they go combat noncombat so the next book will be a combat based book which means spy, commander or soldier.

Personally I want an adventure stealing the death star plans or Liberating Mon Cal.

Usually they go combat noncombat so the next book will be a combat based book which means spy, commander or soldier.

Personally I want an adventure stealing the death star plans or Liberating Mon Cal.

Unfortunately I doubt we will get the former since Disney might not want anything going into the same territory as Rogue One. The latter would be awesome though particularly if it includes an option to join up with the Mon Cal privateers that Legends has operating at the time rather then forcing you planetside.

I think we won't see much AoR stuff until 'Rogue One' is either out or at least far enough in production that FFG have more information to run on. This could potentially mess with the already (not so) established legends cannon that all three lines lean on quite heavily. 

Currently playing a Soldier, so I'm selfishly wishing that it's next on the career supplement track. Adventure wise, I wouldn't be shocked to see them hold off for a while like others have said, related to Rogue One. I also wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't, but I suppose it depends if they want to play around with an 'established' section of the galaxy that people are familiar with (and thus might be used in a film or show) or if they use a little-known (Arda) or completely new bit, which lets them do what they want when they want.

Then some folks might think that they'll want to make an adventure tying in to or spinning off from another bit of the new canon, and then off we go down the rabbit hole to Speculation Land. :P

I'd like to see Soldier or Engineer, as those are the two careers present in my group that don't currently have a book (I've I've also got an Ace, a Colonist and a Hired Gun - hybrid EoE/AoR group)

I also just started a campaign where i'm playing a Soldier, so it'd be cool to get some Signature Abilities there. All told though, I'd rather see more stuff for Edge and Force, those lines are much more interesting than Age to me.

I think that Age would get a lot more love if it found some variety beyond battling the Empire with blasters, torpedoes, and cannon. I really think that the Spy book, and ideally a Spy-theme-based adventure would really help here.

I think that Age would get a lot more love if it found some variety beyond battling the Empire with blasters, torpedoes, and cannon. I really think that the Spy book, and ideally a Spy-theme-based adventure would really help here.

Agreed.  We did have the Diplomat book though, which did at least feel different.

The general feel is that AOR does what we've all done before - the WEG version had you as 'plucky rebels' by default.  It can feel like a tired trope now.  One of the things that first attracted me to EoE was that it felt refreshingly different, a new look at a genre that had gone stale with 30+ years of bad fanfiction.  Star Wars stories that were something beyond shooting stormtroopers, that weren't saturated with lightsaber wielders.

(That's also one reason I've no interest in the new films too - it feels like rebels vs Empire again with new names.  I hated the prequels but I understand that they were forced to deal with what came before. I wish the sequels had tried to move in a fresher direction.)

Edited by MTaylor

Unfortunately the Diplomat book took it a little too far. Those specs are so ridiculously specialized that the GM needs to really build around the players having those to get them to function interestingly. I do think the Spy and Engineer books will bring in the most interesting diversity.

I want the Commanders book next. After that it's a toss up between Spy and Engineer. I love spying and techie stuff (it's why the Sentinel  class is my favorite Jedi class :) ). But yeah I want the Commander first. I'd also like a book on the Empire. The in's and outs of it. Also an Empire version of Rebel Strongholds, places that the PC's can hit up and attack to do maximum damage to the Empire. I of course echo an adventure book that focused more on space combat.

Agreed.  We did have the Diplomat book though, which did at least feel different.

The general feel is that AOR does what we've all done before - the WEG version had you as 'plucky rebels' by default.  It can feel like a tired trope now.  One of the things that first attracted me to EoE was that it felt refreshingly different, a new look at a genre that had gone stale with 30+ years of bad fanfiction.  Star Wars stories that were something beyond shooting stormtroopers, that weren't saturated with lightsaber wielders.

(That's also one reason I've no interest in the new films too - it feels like rebels vs Empire again with new names.  I hated the prequels but I understand that they were forced to deal with what came before. I wish the sequels had tried to move in a fresher direction.)

Well, even in the EU it was decades from the fall of the Emperor to the New Republic getting control of the majority of what was the Old Republic. The various warring Moffs consolidated into the Imperial Remnant some time after the Emperor's fall. So, the new movies aren't a big surprise. It's a large galaxy and the Rebellion didn't have the resources, or the territory to protect, that the Empire did.