Sign in to follow this  
Rauhughes

I really hope FFG release a damage deck upgrade pack...

I mean, what is there, 10 different cards in the new deck? I really hope FFG release these ten cards as a pack so I don't have to buy three core sets again just to be able to be able to carry on playing three player games. I mean, who really wants that many sets of templates or worse, even more focus, stress and shield tokens! My new core is on preorder and I can't wait to get it so don't get me wrong, but I really don't want to spend another £50 for twenty damage cards.

Come on FFG, do this one for the kids! (because it's thier university fund your taking this money from)

I have to agree with you. I think it's unlikely they'll do it, but it would sure help me out. As cool as the new ships look, I just can't see myself flying them when I could fly Scum and Villainy. Especially with all the bounty hunters around the corner! I keep looking at this new core set and thinking how I'll use it for the new damage deck and the new asteroids. $40 seems kinda steep for that small amount of cardboard.  :mellow:

I too hope FFG will release the damage deck in a separate pack.

I will get one of the Force Awakens starter sets but I would like to have a few sets of the damage decks but I front see me wanting yet more ties.

And I don't fly Rebel so that JJ-WING is no use to me.

Come on FFG, do the job!

I will get one of the Force Awakens starter sets but I would like to have a few sets of the damage decks but I front see me wanting yet more ties.

Come on FFG, do the job!

I love when people call it a JJ-wing shows how ignorant they are. That is the exact design from the early Ralph McQuarrie stuff. So if you are going to give it a slang at least credit the person that actually designed it.

Come on FFG, do the job!

I love when people call it a JJ-wing shows how ignorant they are. That is the exact design from the early Ralph McQuarrie stuff. So if you are going to give it a slang at least credit the person that actually designed it.

You seem grumpy today. You should go play X-wing.

Had plans to play today, but didn't cause I did a dinner with friends. And no, not grumpy. If I was grumpy I wouldnt even bother posting. But really this topic has been done to death since the core was leaked. I know it sucks for some people, but it comes down to the whole "you can't make everyone happy".

Come on FFG, do the job!

I totally agree. The Next wing is a fantastic ship. FO ties are solid ships. The new asteroids are reeeeally different. And the damage deck removed all silver bullets and clarified text.

Bad players will be bad players and not see this expansion/new core is HUGE breath of fresh air. No matter what faction you roll, items included will be a wonderful asset.

I'm willing to bet my entire x-wing collection on a few things:

1: The new deck will be in the old core sets soon

2: The old deck will be illegal at FFG sectioned events next year

3: The new deck will given out and required at worlds

Edited by Silver leader

The backs are different anyway, so it is the whole deck or nothing.

Pretty much it, While I would have preferred adding more cards (to include more direct hits to keep the probability of direct hits coming up the same) This deck is a full replacement of the old damage deck. Some card (direct hits) were unchanged some cards were nerfed (Damaged Sensor Array) some cards were buffed (minor explosion to major explosion) some cards were removed (Munitions Failure) some cards were replaced (Primary Weapons Malfunction to Weapons Failure).

But I do agree having the option to buy the damage deck separately better for players than requiring players to buy an Episode 7 core set to continue to play competitively. Competitive Players don't have to buy every Wave 7 ship but they do have to buy an Episode 7 Core Set.

Had plans to play today, but didn't cause I did a dinner with friends. And no, not grumpy. If I was grumpy I wouldnt even bother posting. But really this topic has been done to death since the core was leaked. I know it sucks for some people, but it comes down to the whole "you can't make everyone happy".

Very true. In fact, that's exactly what I told my lab mate this afternoon as I related the situation to him. I'm one of the ones that gets left out this time. Too bad for me. But on the bright side, I had a whole wave dedicated to my faction earlier this year.

Mostly, I just wanted to let the OP know he's not alone in wishing (however vainly) for a separate damage deck for purchase.

Come on FFG, do the job!

I totally agree. The Next wing is a fantastic ship. FO ties are solid ships. The new asteroids are reeeeally different. And the damage deck removed all silver bullets and clarified text.

Bad players will be bad players and not see this expansion/new core is HUGE breath of fresh air. No matter what faction you roll, items included will be a wonderful asset.

I'm willing to bet my entire x-wing collection on a few things:

1: The new deck will be in the old core sets soon

2: The old deck will be illegal at FFG sectioned events next year

3: The new deck will given out and required at worlds

I'm very intrigued by your comments. How does this box provide a breath of fresh air for me as a Scum player (aside from asteroids and a damage deck)? What would you incorporate into a Scum squad?

Or is it a breath of fresh air because I get the awesome privilege of flying against these cool ships when other people bring them to the shop? [<--Sarcasm] I think this box is super cool. I think it's great for the game. I'm just having trouble justifying this purchase as a Scum player and since you seem to think it does wonders for all factions, I just want to hear your supporting evidence for that argument.

I would've liked a standalone damage deck too, not because I'm not getting the new core but in order to get a backup damage deck. But then I would've like a standalone damage deck with the old core, again in order to get a backup deck (still have only one damage deck).

So yep, in favour of a standalone damage deck, also well aware that it is really unlikely to happen.

I don't thing FFG can sell standalone card packs for X-Wing by contract.

They have repeated many times that there is no chance for them to release card-only packs in the future. When any other designer/publisher would have said "It's not in the horizon, but it's something that we could see it happen in the future", that is the usual PR way of saying "no", they went all the way to say "Won't happen, like ever.". That can only mean one thing: lawyers.

Maybe they release a special The Force Awakens themed dice pack, with new cool shiny dice, that includes an extra damage deck. It would make sense even for new players because by standard rules, each player needs to own a damage deck, and the core set only comes with one.

FFG released an X-Wing fix and all people are still complaining about it? Boggles the mind. 

No, they didn't, they released a new X-Wing. The old one is still waiting for love. My guess is that will come in the standalone T-70 expansion as an X-Wing only upgrade, usable by both but a lot more useful to the T-65.

I personally would love FFG to release the damage deck on its own as I right now can't see me buy more than one new core set and having two decks when playing with someone who doesn't have his own collection is nice. But I don't see it happening for reasons already stated.

I don't think it's legal reasons for no card-only packs, but economic ones. Printing on card stock is expensive for one, and they'd risk having ship packs sit unsold as people opted for card packs instead.

I do think a print on demand option for the new damage deck might be a thing though.

I don't think FFG will release it. 

Also you're buying a core set for £25 and getting 3 ships which 'should' be £30. 

So unless you've not absolutely no interest in buying/owning the new T-70 and the TIE F/O then the damage deck doesn't 'cost' you anything at all. 

Somehow I doubt it will be difficult to find the deck sold individually at 3rd party sites

Totally,  like the man says it will be easy enough to get core set components soon for the new one as it is now.  the main reason people say 'get two or three core sets' is/was to build up a swarm or rebel force cheaply and swap the ships you don't want.

Most of us have spare components and the damage deck is fine for a two player game or they would have put two in a core set.

Sure you have one each for tourny play but its *designed* to be used by two players, so if you have  a three player game then two decks should be fine and tbh i cant see you exhausting one unless you're playing huge epic games.

edit, as said above, the damage deck is essentially free with three discounted ships.

Buy a core set, sell the ships for nine quid each on ebay and you're actually being PAID to swap decks if you dont like the new ships :)

Edited by Gadge

I mean, what is there, 10 different cards in the new deck? I really hope FFG release these ten cards as a pack so I don't have to buy three core sets again just to be able to be able to carry on playing three player games. I mean, who really wants that many sets of templates or worse, even more focus, stress and shield tokens! My new core is on preorder and I can't wait to get it so don't get me wrong, but I really don't want to spend another £50 for twenty damage cards.

Come on FFG, do this one for the kids! (because it's thier university fund your taking this money from)

Share the damage deck. It's just a damage card randomiser. The only reason to have your own one is so other people don't touch your cards in tournaments.

Share the damage deck. It's just a damage card randomiser. The only reason to have your own one is so other people don't touch your cards in tournaments.

And because the game is quicker the less components are shared. This is true for everything, not just templates. Wanting to have more than one deck is pretty understandable as far as I am concerned.

Well considering there is no "official" 3-player format, you are free to use whatever damage deck you want for casual play, and in unnoficial formats.  

However if you want to be more official, you could still use the original three damage decks, and keep ONE of the new damage decks available, so whenever someone gets a critical hit you take that one from the new deck, this way your crits are still new, but you also still have 3 decks.   Or simply use a sharpie on the back of your existing cards.   Lots of options.