Sign in to follow this  
Killerardvark

Cryodex 4 - Run X-Wing, Armada, or Imperial Assault. Also, Open Source!!!

You hear me wrong Mu0n. You've run many more events than i have so I'm sure you've got that figured out. I was just starting that share is not required to run a top 2 cut. You can just look at the ranking last and see the top 2 players. There's no special pairing rules or anything that the software would add. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree that you can easily figure out the finalists for your tournament cut, but I just have in mind how that information is going to end up in List Juggler. I'd like the record to show which list has actually made it through the whole thing, finals included.

4.0.6 Released

Changes:

• Fixed Head to Head comparator problems when duplicate matches are allowed to happen.
  • Rounding average SoS to 2 decimal places.
  • Added 2 as a cut option.
  • Fixed JSON builder to escape quotes on ALL strings.
  • Disabled modules are now remembered on next launch.

We did 16 man tournament today using Cryodex.

Everything went smooth in the 4 Swiss rounds.

But when we made Top 4 cut it made incorrect pairings. One guy was at 20 points and 4 others were at 15 points.

But when making the cut to top 4 it incorrectly put 5th player (15 Points, MoV 439, SoS 3.125) instead of 4th player(15 Points, MoV 465, SoS 2.5).

They also didn't play against each other in the swiss rounds.

And according to X-Wing tournament rules MoV is determining factor in case of Points Tie.

Everything else worked properly though.

My Brother has the savefile if you need it.

EDIT: Reading thread would also help :) Skipped your post about this same problem :P

Edited by Hwarangdaem

We did 16 man tournament today using Cryodex.

Everything went smooth in the 4 Swiss rounds.

But when we made Top 4 cut it made incorrect pairings. One guy was at 20 points and 4 others were at 15 points.

But when making the cut to top 4 it incorrectly put 5th player (15 Points, MoV 439, SoS 3.125) instead of 4th player(15 Points, MoV 465, SoS 2.5).

They also didn't play against each other in the swiss rounds.

And according to X-Wing tournament rules MoV is determining factor in case of Points Tie.

Everything else worked properly though.

My Brother has the savefile if you need it.

EDIT: Reading thread would also help :) Skipped your post about this same problem :P

Thanks for the post. Like you mentioned in your edit, it was a known problem and now I'm happy to say it's fixed. Sorry that it caused a hickup in your event.

Just noticed I didn't put that in the list of fixes. It's in there, I promise.

Hey Killer,

we ran a local 12 people tournament today with 4 swiss and cut to top 4 (we had more time in this other venue) but one of the matches of the top 4 was a draw, 0-0. A winner was still determined due to the tournament FAQ covering this case - player with initiative still wins. 

However, when I try to generate the next round, cryodex simply silently does nothing. It doesn't freeze as I can go into the menus fine, but it just won't do the top 2 panel. Any chance of fixing this soon before I upload our data to List Juggler?

Maybe I can sort of bypass this by giving the winner a 1 point margin over the loser, since the MoV isn't calculated anymore during eliminations, right?

Requested feature, if possible:

when you save the (voidstate) codes, is it easy to go fetch the faction logo so it can be properly displayed in cryodex?

I would really like those logos, either there, or somewhere in List Juggler, in the standings. It would cut down on time and error when I gather that very data into my own website system.

Edited by Mu0n

Functionality request:

The little timer in the right hand bottom corner. Can you add a functionality, which let me enhance said timee to full screen, so I can use a projector and blow the whole thing up for all players to see?

Cheers, and love the program!

So hey, been trying to load cryodex on a brand new windows 10 install. IT simply wont run. I've updated java, and initially it had an error of not being able to find crydex.class I believe. that erro has been removed since the java update, but when launched it opens a command prompt window which then shuts down almost immediately. any suggestions?

Thanks for the link, had a hard time getting info through google. That worked. eventually. Was having flashbacks to making MS-dos boot up command prompts to get wing commander to run on my old PC.

Considering using cryodex at our store championship on Sunday. It's a small, simple tourney - 10 players, 3 rounds, no top cuts.  For the squad ID, just wondering if you know if Yet Another X-wing Squad Builder that list juggler would recognize?  Hunting around the site, I didn't see anything as simple as the 5 digit code on X-wing UK Squad Builder. 

The least headache-y way of proceeding is to create a routine where the players pay their fees and submit a voidstate ID at registration. Not everyone had selected voidstate as their online squad builder of choice (me included) since it doesn't work well on cell phones due to screen resizing issues, but planning in advance solves all that. They have to be aware of the procedure well in advance, and you still have to have some kind of way to allow last minute/forgetful players to rebuild up their squad on a laptop (or otherwise) during registration - hopefully, they get the clue for next time.

Someone adamant about perusing YASB can still do it there, use the export tool to the XWS format, and just reimport into voidstate, give it a name, saving it then export it back as a link to the get the ID#.

You can always take on the task of accepting all kinds of squad formats, but making it open makes it tedious, invites "on-paper only" squads, etc. The exportation of the cryodex to List Juggler is so smooth and satisfying when you have no squad editing work to do at all!

Thanks, guys.  The ultimate solution for me (which is easy for me to say) is for YASB to have an ID that would link, but I can definitely do what Mu0n stated as well.  For this tourney, I probably won't worry about the list with such short notice, but will definitely keep it mind for the future and outline the requirements to the players well in advance.

On a related note, this could me my ignorance on tourney seeding, but in this rd 3 shown, Jason and Mary did not play each other in rd 1 or 2, but they are not matched up in rd 3. Just wondering those two players wound't be matched up for the 3rd round?

bM3rwlP.png

I think Mu0n hit the nail on the head. Reviewing the tourney rules, the pairing with mismatched points is a player at random from the group below, it's not the highest MOV player from the group below. Everything looks like it's working great.  I'll report back after the weekend, but prior to that, thank you (and the others) for the work on this app.  

You could also have players email you their thousand-character web link from YASB and copy/paste it into List Juggler after uploading the cryodex file.

Hey, Ardvark: any chance the standings on the left can include a placing number?  It gets tough to follow when you get up into the 20 players range.