Sign in to follow this  

Hello, I’m just getting into this great game.  I’m from Guatemala and my English needs to be improved, so I have a question here.

Event cards can/must be played in an action window, but in the deployment phase there is not any action window, so I suppose I can’t play events unless its ability says it can be played as a deploy action (ie Exterminatus).

In the other hand the RRG pp 23 reads: “Note that a deployment turn is a special framework event, in which the player taking the deployment turn is permitted to initiate an action ability as his deployment turn.  This is an exception to the rule that action abilities may not be used during the resolution of framework event”. So, does it mean that I can play event cards (ie Raid – Action: Take 1 resource from your opponent if he has more resources than you) instead of deploying an army unit in the deployment phase?

Thanks for your help 

So, does it mean that I can play event cards (ie Raid – Action: Take 1 resource from your opponent if he has more resources than you) instead of deploying an army unit in the deployment phase?

Yes.

In the Deployment Phase, players take turns. When it your turn, you may do one of two things:

1. Deploy a card from your hand (by paying its cost and putting it into play); or

2. Trigger an "Action" card ability.

If you choose to do #2, you may use any type of card, including events. The only requirement is that the ability you trigger starts with either "Action" or "Deployment Action."

If you pass when it's your turn (i.e., you choose not to do either #1 or #2), you get no more turns during that Deployment Phase.

Thanks for the quick answer....

I have another one:  Klaivex Warleader - "Reaction: After you deploy this unit during the combat phase, destroy a target damaged army unit at this planet." I failed to get this card through!

1.- Should I deploy this unit during the combat phase in order to trigger its ability? or

2.- May I use its ability during the combat phase in the turn when it's deployed?

I can't find any unit's ability, event, nor support action that will allow me to deploy any unit during the combat phase, so I guess the answers is #2.  Am I right?

Thanks.

Am I right?

Nope.

Reactions must be triggered immediately after whatever they are reacting to takes place. If anything else happens (besides other reactions to the same thing), you lose the opportunity to trigger the reaction. So #2 cannot be correct because the deployment and the reaction to the deployment are too far apart. It'd be like thinking of the perfect thing to say Thursday to someone who insulted you on Monday.

So you have to deploy the unit during the combat phase in order to use the reaction. Luckily, the unit's own keyword ability (Ambush) allows you to do that.

Edited by ktom