Sign in to follow this  
DB Draft

Hypothetical X-Wing Titles

Actually I love that, I'd tweak it to add 1 die because once you go past 3 its almost guaranteed damage with actions. But a focus fire style thing. That allows any other friendly with the title to sacrifice their own shooting to add 1 die to the attackers shot. Providing they have the defender in arc. 2 points though.

So despite not being possible to make a T-65 only title what this allows is a 5 X-wing list. Or 4-X's with systems, are 4 X's with systems going to be better than 4 B's with systems?

It's possible, you just have to get a bit creative. 

Rogue Squadron X-wing

Title

Cost: 0

Text: X-wing Only.

At the start of the Combat Phase, if you have an enemy ship in your firing arc, increase your pilot skill by 1 (by 2 if you have an enemy ship with a greater pilot skill in your firing arc) until the end of the round. 

You may not equip this upgrade if you have a pilot skill of 3 or lower, or if you have the Boost action icon. 

Yes, it precludes Engine Upgrade. But, that is a sacrifice to be made to prevent the T-70 from using X-wing titles. 

Personally, I like my idea. It isn't super powerful, but it is fun and sort of makes the Rogues the aces they were. And it opens up the EPT a bit, since you won't really need VI. 

not going to speculate on what the titles might do but I'd think that 2 titles for both versions would seem likely, a unique title "rogue leader" for higher PS, and a generic title "rogue squadron" which would hopefully help out the poor rookie pilot.

A lot of good ideas in this thread. I agree that a hypothetical fix would probably also apply to the T-70. I also like something that fits thematically. How about this:

Title: Rogue Squadron (X-Wing only) 0 points

Equipped Torpedoes may be fired outside of your primary firing arc.

If fired inside your primary arc, you may choose any number of attack dice and reroll them once.

X-wing and munitions fix in 1!

Rogue Squadron -Title-

Once per Round, when rolling Defense Dice, you may change 1 Focus or Blank to an Evade Result. 

Cost: 1

You may equip a second "Rogue" title of a different name. 

---

Rogue Ace -Title- Unique -

When Attacking you may spend your Target Lock to change all of Defender's Evade Results to Focus. 

-or-

When Attacking, if you have a Target Lock on the Defender, you may spend your Target Lock to change 1 Critical to a Hit. Then Assign to the Defender 1 Ion, Stress, or Weapon Disabled token. 

-or-

When you spend your Target Lock, you may change one of the Defender's Evades or Focus to a Blank.

Cost: 3-5?

Cannot be equipped by PS 2 or Lower. 

You may also equip a second "Rogue" title of a different name. 

Not sure which of the 3 would make a better "Ace" title.

---

Rogue Leader -Title- Unique -

All Rogues when Attacking Targets you have a Target Lock on may convert 1 Blank to 1 Focus. 

Friendly "Rogue" Pilots within Ranges 1-3 may acquire Target Locks measured from other "Rogues"

Cost: 1 

You may also equip a second "Rogue" title of a different name. 

---

Was thinking of making the Ace and Leader to require the Squadron Title but that might bottleneck the points spending. 

Was also thinking about "Wraith Squadron" as a title but the best I could think of was giving them access to illicit, Tech, or salvage astromechs. 

Variable position strike foils- After revealing your maneuver dial, you may increase your primary weapon value by 1 while decreasing your agility by 1, or increase your agility value by 1 while decreasing your primary weapon value by 1 until the end of the round.

Actually that sounds more like a modification than anything.

*Rogue Leader- provides some buff to nearby x-wings... I dunno what. Maybe as an action, convert focus tokens in range 1 to evade tokens?

Rogue Squadron- not a unique title... if an enemy is inside your firing arc and they are inside yours, gain a focus token.

Situational Awareness 1 pt

Xwing only

When you gain a target lock, take a free focus action

The T70 has boost, so this title isnt as appealing. But the T-65 has Hobbie, Tarn and Garvin, a Torpedo slot (Rogue squadron LOVES their focus/TL'd torpedos) and a wide range of astromechs that would combo with the title.

Here are a few ideas I thought up.  

The Rogue Squadron card, (especially paired with the R4), makes torpedoes potentially murderously dangerous.  The R4 Targeting Mech is a direct analogue of the Scum Agromech.   The Advanced Astromech Interface is a combo between the X1 Title for the Advanced and Experimental Interface.  And the Wraith Squadron is a copy of IG-88C's ability but meant to help X-Wings be a bit more durable.  

Cards courtesy of Strange Eons.

ogyxwXp.jpg

Bhb1OAW.jpg

1a2tohJ.jpg

paqsY3D.jpg

Rogue Leader [unique]

Title

Cost: 5

You cannot equip this card if your pilot skill value is "5" or lower.

Rogue Squadron

Title

Cost: -1

You gain the pilot ability of the friendly ship equipped with the Rogue Leader title.

You cannot equip this card if your pilot skill is "5" or higher.