ColonelCommissar

Edge of Darkness OOC

Vehicle would be problematic, as the only one remaining intact belongs to the talking team and is a few blocks away on the Imperials' flank.

Braxus is going to get supplies. People who want to go with him can recover gear from the supply room, which will improve your overall haul. Those who provide cover will make it harder for any Imperials trying to hit them with narrative shooting (which will have actual, not just narrative, damage attached to it).

I'm just curious, and too late now, but I thought the command center was between the supply room and the maintenance area?

The warehouse is a rectangle, short ends are north and south. The control room is in the administrative block, a collection of offices raised a storey off the ground in the north-east corner of the warehouse. The maintenance area (and thus breach) is roughly central along the west-facing wall of the building. The supplies are in the north-west quadrant of the warehouse, an area not currently occupied by the Imperials. There is a clear run from there to the control room, which is currently being covered by Rebel fire teams and heavy weapons, but the Imperials could still put some scattered fire on it.

Toco will provide cover.

If the target is Imperial, he will shoot to kill.

If the target is Rebel, and shooting or trying to hurt "his side" (Strike team or "good cell" members); Toco will shoot. But to hurt or discourage. Not necessarily to kill.

And if someone opens up with auto-fire at us, he will shoot them Rebel or Imperial.

Since we have six minutes, my plan was going through the following steps:

1. Finish off the Imperials
  2. Get the Rebels forces to stop firing.
  3. Wake Zavvel up.
  4. Give a speech
  5. Make an offer to Zavvel's forces (Join us, or get left behind)
  6. Bury the Lead

Since we're in narrative time, how does this work out?

Wait, why do you want to wake Zavvel up before appealing to the men? He'll just oppose us again and we've seen what happens there. I think its best to simply take him with us unconscious and sort him out later.

Regarding the check, Issan's crit makes that a Daunting Check with a Setback. It might be better for Geoff to take the lead and for Issan to back him up. Does geoff have any skill in Leadership? Issan can give a rank with skilled assistance if he doesn't. Either that..or Issan can use deception somehow...it would give him parity with the difficulty dice.

Edited by ImperialSpy

Poetic. However, Zavvel already won their loyalty when Issan was facing off with him. I wouldn't be suprised if waking him up before winning the men over to our side will make doing so harder, if not impossible.

Edited by ImperialSpy

Only if I let him speak to his men.  And quite frankly, the fact that Zavvel fired upon our forces first, and was subsequently taken out, should rock his position.  Plus, the fact that the Imperials are on their way, and Zavvel has no escape plan.

On the other hand, we have supplies, we have vehicles, we have a plan.  And we are positioned to make the cell stronger.

In essence, I'll wait for everyone to be in the Command Center before waking Zavvel up.

Edited by Sarone

Are we sure we have the time to do this here? Even if we get rid of the walkers, its pretty clear the base's position is compromised. Further Imperial response is inevitable and they may bring in things we can't just drop something heavy on.

Are we sure we have the time to do this here? Even if we get rid of the walkers, its pretty clear the base's position is compromised. Further Imperial response is inevitable and they may bring in things we can't just drop something heavy on.

We have six minutes.  And quite frankly, if this takes longer than four, then I would be surprised.

In addition, this needs to be handled now.  We wait, we risk losing more people, gear, and vehicles, in addition to time.

I feel I should clarify to you that the chances of the Rebels 'finishing off' the Imperials are astronomically low. You barely possess the firepower to take on the Stormtroopers already in position, never mind the Imperial Army units moving into position. Braxus is planning on salvaging what he can and pulling out, so getting everyone together for a meeting is probably unlikely to work. Yes, the heavy guns will take six minutes to arrive, but they're bringing a lot more firepower in terms of individual units of the Imperial Army.

I feel I should clarify to you that the chances of the Rebels 'finishing off' the Imperials are astronomically low. You barely possess the firepower to take on the Stormtroopers already in position, never mind the Imperial Army units moving into position. Braxus is planning on salvaging what he can and pulling out, so getting everyone together for a meeting is probably unlikely to work. Yes, the heavy guns will take six minutes to arrive, but they're bringing a lot more firepower in terms of individual units of the Imperial Army.

I thought there were only two Storm troopers left?  There are at least two, if not three, groups of Zavvel's minions and just as many, with better weapons, under Lieutenant Braxus.  Unless the stormtroopers all leave in the next thirty seconds, they shouldn't last more than a minute.

My thoughts are let's get the hell out of here and let's absolutely not wake up Zavvel until we are somewhere safe. Whether or not someone wants to appeal to his former supporters, I don't really have an opinion either way.

My thoughts are let's get the hell out of here and let's absolutely not wake up Zavvel until we are somewhere safe. Whether or not someone wants to appeal to his former supporters, I don't really have an opinion either way.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for saving me the typing!