Sign in to follow this  
Viceroy Bolda

What to do with extra ships?

Many of us bought four x-wings and 8 tie fighters during wave 1.  Then comes the rebel transport, giving you an extra X.  Okay, it works for epic.  Now a new core set comes out so you buy that.  Then you buy the Force Awakens expansion X and Tie FO.  Then the Gozanti arrives.  

This will leave most of us with 7 x-wings and 13 ties.  

What are we going to do with all those ships!?

Top Ten Things to do with Extra Ships

10. X-Wing themed jewelry

9. DIY 3-D debris fields

8. Attempt to sell them on eBay

7. Create a mobile, where an X-Wing is continually chased by a TIE fighter... or two

6. Repaints.  Repaints galore!

5. Using stop motion, motion control, digital mattes, and (small) pyrotechnics, accurately recreate the Death Star Trench Run from A New Hope, using only precisely repainted FFG miniatures.  Biggs, the Y-Wings, 3 X-Wings, and a couple of TIEs can then be re-used for #9.

4. Using a weather balloon, launch an X-Wing into space, and film it with a webcam.

3. Make a permanent installation of a beautiful diorama in your house, depicting your favorite extra ship(s) gloriously defeating the turreted ship/arc dodger/robot bounty hunter you like the least.

2. Hang one from every light fixture in your house, so that you know you will be safe from 1/270 scale ninjas.

1. Find a friend unsuspecting victim and give pawn off your extra ships/templates/obsolete damage deck/dice to them, so that they may join you in your pastime addiction.  After all, the first taste is free...

I don't see it that way. Since the Force Awakens ships are different ships, I'm going to eventually end up with (at most) four T-65 X-Wings, four T-70 X-Wings, eight TIE/ln, and six TIE/fo. No extra ships here!

(Though it helps that I got into the game fairly recently, so I never did buy a second original core set or a ton of extra TIE Fighters.)

Many of us bought four x-wings and 8 tie fighters during wave 1.  Then comes the rebel transport, giving you an extra X.  Okay, it works for epic.  Now a new core set comes out so you buy that.  Then you buy the Force Awakens expansion X and Tie FO.  Then the Gozanti arrives.  

Be fair: the T-70 and TIE/FO are totally different ships to their progenitors. Heck, the TIE/FO is the first Imperial ship to ever S-loop, and the first ship in the game to use a 2-bank for it to boot. The X-wing has a dial cooler than the StarViper.

They might have the same basic name designation... but it's no more fair than complaining that your TIE Interceptors count towards the TIE Fighter count as well.

I have 8 regular Ties currently, that means I can fill out FOUR GOZANTIs!! :) Im sure Ill own at least three by the time Im done! I see the FOs as completely different ships now that I have the new Core and will get a second core shortly. I will then buy at least one expansion of each ship so Ill have at least three T-70s and five FOs. Since four and six are able to be run together in a 100 pt build and 7 and 8 respectively in 150 pt builds, Ill be buying more! LOL!

Hence, I dont see any "extra" in my future, just a need for more!

Edited by Plainsman

I have 8 regular Ties currently, that means I can fill out FOUR GOZANTIs!!

You're assuming the Gozanti can only hold regular TIEs!

At the very least, Rebels shows it carrying the TIE Advanced Prototype as well.  And I don't see why several other models of TIEs wouldn't also be compatible.

I already have these numbers.. and now the new set.. bahahahha.. gimme alls da ships.. send em to me, I'll pay postage hahah :D

Then the Gozanti arrives.  

I'll buy your Gozanti TIEs!

haha I'm having 4 ties painted in  my own colors so I have 4 the same to throw on the Big G.. 

I have 8 regular Ties currently, that means I can fill out FOUR GOZANTIs!! :) Im sure Ill own at least three by the time Im done! I see the FOs as completely different ships now that I have the new Core and will get a second core shortly. I will then buy at least one expansion of each ship so Ill have at least three T-70s and five FOs. Since four and six are able to be run together in a 100 pt build and 7 and 8 respectively in 150 pt builds, Ill be buying more! LOL!

Hence, I dont see any "extra" in my future, just a need for more!

Mmmm... Gozanti.

Too much talk, not enough pictures. I shall fix.

image_c5bf105d.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%

Edited by KryatDragon

Basically what ppl are trying to say is:

Please dont ask us nerd about one ship too much, we arent normal persons in this regard anyway.

If you want a rational answer there was one guy who posted it:

Only buy one of each when it is released and see how many more you need later on. At latest after the original aces packs you shouldve known that.

Edited by CaineHoA