Sign in to follow this  
PaulTiberius

Epsilon Leader de-stresses himself?

Same type of wording as Jan Ors crew, so I would expect them to work the same (that is to say, the ship where the ability originated from is also a friendly ship within range, and so benefits from the ability). By contrast, Howrunner's ability is worded "when another friendly ship".

The probem I see is this.  The card says "at range 1" not "within range 1"  I am not sure he counts as being "at range 1" of himself.  But I know the new rules specifically talk about "at" vs "within" and I need to reread that.

The rules are still unclear about weather or not Epsilon Leader can be "at" range 1 with himself.  It will need to be faq'd.

No they aren't. The rules and the existing FAQ makes it clear that a ship is at range one of itself.

From the new rules reference, Page 16:

A ship is at Range 1 of itself and any ships that it is touching.

From the FAQ, Page 16:

Q: Is a ship considered to be at Range 1 of itself?
A: Yes.
Edited by WWHSD

The probem I see is this.  The card says "at range 1" not "within range 1"  I am not sure he counts as being "at range 1" of himself.  But I know the new rules specifically talk about "at" vs "within" and I need to reread that.

Very few things require the target to be "within" a range band. For a ship to be within a range band the entire base must be inside that range, if any part of the base is outside of the range band it doesn't count. 

The rules are still unclear about weather or not Epsilon Leader can be "at" range 1 with himself.  It will need to be faq'd.

No they aren't. The rules and the existing FAQ makes it clear that a ship is at range one of itself.

From the new rules reference, Page 16:

A ship is at Range 1 of itself and any ships that it is touching.

From the FAQ, Page 16:

Q: Is a ship considered to be at Range 1 of itself?
A: Yes.

That answers my only question.  It is just that all that "at" "within" stuff on range is new to these additions of the rules.