Sign in to follow this  
Rakaydos

Trinity Guri and the Spice Runners

One of the things I noted about the TLT is that it can fire from outside the bubble of Lone wolf, so I've been working on a few "Snipers+brawler" list types. I feel that this is one of the more successful ones, mainly due to the impunity that a Trinity Virago (Sensor Jammer, Lone Wolf, Autothrusters) has operating alone.

Guri

-Virago

-SJ

-LW

-AT

-Glitterstim (will replace with cloak when it's released)

-Advanced Proton Torpedo

Spice Runner

-Recon Spec

-TLT

Spice Runner

-Recon Spec

-TLT

-Stealth Device

Spice runners orbit the edges taking shots and drawing aggro, letting Guri dash in (which will be easier with decloak, but oh well) and start doing Scum standard knifefighting. I've found that my opponent will usually target the Stealth device first, and that 2 focus with 3 greens is actually fairly resistant to being hurt.

Edited by Rakaydos

Rather than the Stealth, what about bumping one Spice Runner up to Mux, to let you possibly snare a high-PS arc-dodger before they can strike?

Mainly becuse PS1 spice runners cant be blocked very easilly, and so will always be getting their double focus from recon spec.

This is a good point, but time and again I've seen much better players than me say that Stealth Device just doesn't end up being worth the points on a ship with less than 3 base agility.  My limited personal experience would tend to support the claim.  YMMV of course, and it sounds like you've been happy with SD on a HWK, but I wonder how attached you are to the torpedoes?  My thought would be to drop them and SD for a Shield Upgrade on both HWKs if you're concerned about them.  Just an idea!

Edited by FuturistiKen

That was my original build, actually, but I was looking for something to spend the last 3 points on- so I pulled one of the stealths to give Guri a torp she combos with.

However, when I built this list I ddnt realize Feedback Array was only 2 points. Giving the HWKs something to do when arcdodgers start getting up in their face. It means dropping gliterstim/cloaking device down to Inertial Damperner, though.

I think the 'holy trinity' on Guri goes best with a pair of y-wings instead of the spice runners.  More durable and you can throw engine on them to make it very difficult for anything to get into the 'donut hole' (also really helps when dealing with PWTs):

Thug w/ TLT, R4 agro + engine = 30

Take 2 and profit!

Alternatively, you could run 3 Cartel Marauders alongside Guri.  They have somewhat equivalent durability and firepower to the two thugs, but they are not as good against PWTs with engine (or Dash).  However, they also make lone wolf less optimal (but predator can take its place for an even 100 pts).

Edited by blade_mercurial

Posting from Celesticon, just won the new starter in a (small) tourny with this list.

The other players wernt all that good, but I did beat fat han in one game without losing a shiip, and bbbb in another, losing the non-stealth Hwk.

Posting from Celesticon, just won the new starter in a (small) tourny with this list.

The other players wernt all that good, but I did beat fat han in one game without losing a shiip, and bbbb in another, losing the non-stealth Hwk.

Congrats on the win. I would have been there myself but I woke up too late to get there by 10:00. I must say that's an interesting list....shakes up the meta a little bit. Edited by zathras23

What about this:

Guri (30)

Lone Wolf (2)

Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)

Sensor Jammer (4)

Inertial Dampeners (1)

Autothrusters (2)

Virago (1)

Syndicate Thug (18)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

Bomb Loadout (0)

Unhinged Astromech (1)

Seismic Charges (2)

Syndicate Thug (18)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

Bomb Loadout (0)

Unhinged Astromech (1)

Seismic Charges (2)

Total: 100

Guri is the same but she's flying with 2 Unhinged TLT Y-Wings. The Y's can YOLO around with their green 3s. That gives them more options to stay out of her Lone Wolf range. The Y-Wings have Seismic Charges to discourage them being flanked.

Guri is the same but she's flying with 2 Unhinged TLT Y-Wings. The Y's can YOLO around with their green 3s. That gives them more options to stay out of her Lone Wolf range. The Y-Wings have Seismic Charges to discourage them being flanked.

Why not go with ion bombs?  Or one of each?  Not like you're hurting for damage...

Why not go with ion bombs?  Or one of each?  Not like you're hurting for damage...

I like the ion bomb suggestion quite a lot. The last doesn't have any control elements at the moment, and though it seemed to work very well for you I think the ion bombs could Dwyer ships from trying to beach your donut hole.

Because I forgot that Ion bombs were a thing and that they only cost 2 points?