Sign in to follow this  
KCDodger

These new miniatures look amazing.

AMAZING.

They looked simpler than the others, in the up-close photos. But truly, they're on par in every way, and they just. Man. They look GREAT. I so appreciate that the new TIE isn't just a repaint like they could have done (even though it proves good and well they could've given the RGI its winglets...) and just...

How freaking good the new X-Wing looks. Especially compared to the old one.

Never thought I'd outright say this but man, I really do like the T-70 more than the T-65. The design really is an improvement, and that's saying a lot considering the T-65's excellent design and its legacy.

Hnnnrgh.

These minis look so clean and sharp.

I'm posting from my phone so no pics, but pics really don't do them justice. You have to see them in person. The differences are subtle, and I don't have an old tie at hand to pick them out exactly, but the new mini just feels cleaner. More detail, sharper edges, all in all fantastic.

And the T-70..... *swoon*

Compared to the old models, the new X-Wing and TIE Fighter are superior in quality.  Not only is the detail better but more importantly the peg connectors are properly oriented with respect to the base and the pegs fit snugly onto them (an issue I've had with the last few waves of models). 

vader_pics.jpg

The TIEs in the new core looks like the old TIEs with just a repaint. Can we get photos to verify they are different sculpts or not?

Brah all I've got is a 3DS with a picture resolution of like four pixels. Sorry man. No luck here.

But trust me, it's a new sculpt. I can actually tell where the wings were glued on. They were smart about it this time, the fuselage and wings are seperate parts, the inner wing having a clear indent/mounting point.

The hull and such is indeed shaped differently, and most curiously but SO COOL-LIKE the engines aren't side by side anymore- I looked and looked for them, but it appears that the new engines are over-under above the socket in the back.

Which... I have never exactly been able to discern the function of...

But yeah. Either way, they are new sculpts and they look so fresh and clean. So fantastic.

The models do look fantastic, but I'm constantly perplexed as to how the X-Wing's engines work. How can you turn HALF of a turbofan??? 

But I guess they are not turbofans... maybe they are scramjets for atmospheric flight.  

Um, it's a space ship that handles like an airplane.  We've been perplexed about how these ships work ever since the first movie came out.

I get you there....It was fairly amusing to be at Target this morning, actually. As the scalpers were fighting over the figs and other stuff, I was sitting quietly with a bunch of core sets finding the best models.

It was kinda hard as the new models are sooooo nice.

I had a friend grab me a set and I finally got around to getting it. I like the models a lot, the X wing was perfect. But the tie fighters had slightly bent wings, glue visible on the wing and some paint missing on the cockpit. All of which I could fix pretty easy, as I used to do 40k models so I can paint fairly well. Overall the new models are really nice. I've never held an X wing model in my hands before today.