Sign in to follow this  
NorseJedi

Midnight EST and I have the new core set!!!!!!!

It comes with a learn to play, and a very nice rules reference.

The 3 missions are:

Ambush - Destroy all enemy ships

Raid - Destroy all ships or Destroy/Protect satelites

Rescue - Protect/Destroy Special Ship

Details, pls?  These more than just themed dogfights - something along the lines of most of the 'large' ship expansions?  Or, heck, the first core set (those missions were actually really solid)?

It comes with a learn to play, and a very nice rules reference.

The 3 missions are:

Ambush - Destroy all enemy ships

Raid - Destroy all ships or Destroy/Protect satelites

Rescue - Protect/Destroy Special Ship

Details, pls?  These more than just themed dogfights - something along the lines of most of the 'large' ship expansions?  Or, heck, the first core set (those missions were actually really solid)?

Ambush - Blue Squad vs. Epsilon & Zeta Squad

F.O. places asteroids - Res places mines. Mines can be detonated or swept

Raid - 36 points

F.O. ships are jammed by satellites; take stress

F.O. can sabotage satelilites

Res can reinforce once

Rescue - 36 points

Squadmate gets basic movement, and attacks

Res can use a Protect action.

F.O. can reinforce

New EPT, Wired. When attacking or defending, if you are stressed, you may reroll 1 or more of your focus results. 1 point.

While I can't envision putting this on any of the ships in the Core set, I cannot wait to put it on Jan Ors or any A-Wing Test Pilot. Pair Jan with another PS8+ pilot, take the stress to give them an extra die, gain free rerolls of all focus results.

New damage catds in the deck. 2 each.

Loose Stabilizer. Ship. After you execute a white maneuver, receive 1 stress token. Action: Flip this card face down.

Major Hull Breach. Ship. Starting the round after you receive this card, all damage cards dealt to you are dealt faceup. Action: Flip this card facedown.

Major Explosion. Ship. Roll 1 attack die. On a hit result, suffer 1 critical damage. Then flip this card facedown.

That's the most interesting question for me: How many cards in the deck (33?), which types, and esp. how many of each respective type? (By having this summary we can even see which cards from the old deck did bite the (star)dust)

Edited by Managarmr

Loose Stabilizer. Ship. After you execute a white maneuver, receive 1 stress token. Action: Flip this card face down.

Major Hull Breach. Ship. Starting the round after you receive this card, all damage cards dealt to you are dealt faceup. Action: Flip this card facedown.

Major Explosion. Ship. Roll 1 attack die. On a hit result, suffer 1 critical damage. Then flip this card facedown.

That's the most interesting question for me: How many cards in the deck (33?), which types, and esp. how many of each respective type? (By having this summary we can even see which cards from the old deck did bite the (star)dust)

There are still 33 cards. Four types of cards are gone: Injured Pilot, Munitions Failure, Minor Hull Breach, and Minor Explosion. Four types are added: Shaken Pilot, Loose Stabilizer, Major Hull Breach, and Major Explosion. Several other cards were also reworded to smooth out the associated rules.

The cards also have a different back so they don't mix in with old damage decks.

New EPT, Wired. When attacking or defending, if you are stressed, you may reroll 1 or more of your focus results. 1 point.

While I can't envision putting this on any of the ships in the Core set, I cannot wait to put it on Jan Ors or any A-Wing Test Pilot. Pair Jan with another PS8+ pilot, take the stress to give them an extra die, gain free rerolls of all focus results.

Jan Ors usually have enough focus tokens to not reroll focus results.

There are still 33 cards. Four types of cards are gone: Injured Pilot, Munitions Failure, Minor Hull Breach, and Minor Explosion. Four types are added: Shaken Pilot, Loose Stabilizer, Major Hull Breach, and Major Explosion. Several other cards were also reworded to smooth out the associated rules.

Thanks for your answers so far. But I am still not content (craving me :) ).

How does the histogram looks like, aka the frequency distribution, so how many "shaken pilots", "stunned pilot" etc within the 33?

Some were kept, some reworded. 4 card types gone, however there seems to be 5 new types, so the distribution should have changed?

Briefly reviving this thread as a bit of nostalgia. :-)

When I was a kid I went to the original trilogy and it was awesome! Played a triple T70 xwing list and then stood in line for the reawakening last night and it was awesome! Kind of like standing in line at Target for the new core set, and avoiding reading spoilers, it was definitely worth it. I see new pilots and a new ship or two in our future. I feel it, the reawakening! Enjoy the opening weekend!

p.s. FFG, Poe and the T70 are even more awesome than what's in the core set. I think you could justify a negative point torpedo slot filler in the dual T70 resistance aces pack that I look forward to. ;-)