Sign in to follow this  
lordredraven

Starting Planet?

I picked Taris because all of my players are fans of KoToR, although of course it's changed a lot since then, but my party move around a lot, their starting adventure was "escape Taris". 

Well, it is a dump. ;)

OP, I made up a whole bunch of planets and locations to throw into my new game and I bet others around here have as well. 

If you want some inspiration I don't mind sharing and I'm sure others would too.

For something as focused on a world as a colonist campaign, I'd suggest a custom world.  That way it has what you need it to and it can be where you want it.  There're tons of options, but I think something you build yourself will give you the best opportunity for plot-lines.  See: Lothal.

Ooo, I love the idea of an all-Colonist game. Not sure I'll ever get the chance myself, but good on you for giving it a try.

I'd agree with going more-or-less Custom on this one. Maybe grab one of the named/placed but otherwise detail-less planets, but otherwise a blank slate let's you create what you need and the players grow it the way they want.

Or, diverging from planetary excursions, you could go the space station route. I made one of those on a lark to see how it looked, and as a hub where people are always coming and going there's lots of potential for plot hooks and events.

Resurecting this...

Any suggestions for a Colonist campaign, at least to start? My group's hiatus is ending soon, and I was thinking about pitching a Colonist campaign, homestead/business rules and all.

Repeating myself a bit, but I'm using Ord Mantell for a homestead/business focused game set during the Cold War of the Old Republic setting. The usual colonist-type issues along with politics and insurrection. Loads of fun.

I haven't even read Far Horizons, but I'd also go with coming up with someplace new.  The joy being that this new world could even be within the Inner Rim and still new, giving you a lot of political options.  Besides, if you're sticking in one place you'll want a more varied biome than you usually get, with more a more complex setup and neighbours. 

Good luck with it, it sounds fun.

I made my own, a backwater planet of scum and villany. Gave it some history and an assortment of NPCs with plot hooks. Everything turned out pretty well to be honest. The players really liked it because while it was a world they had no knowledge of from the Star Wars universe, it still felt like Star Wars,