Sign in to follow this  
ken2

Toys

Starting at midnight online Disney and Amazon and stores Walmart and Toysrus, will march out new Star Wars toys. Some I can not wait for ( Nerf Bowcaster ) and some make me go what??? ( The new multiblade build your own lightsaber.)

Back in the WEG days, my role-playing table was covered with Micromachine Star Wars acting out on going battles. So call me a hairless Wookie or a very large kid with facial hair hanging out in the toy section.

Anyone want to name their fave Star Wars toy or something they wish would come out as a toy. Or list any non- rpg item that has found its way into a game session.

I suspect there may be a rash of Lego purchases headed my way in the near future. I'd like to know what happened to my old X Wing and TIE models from a few years back, too, I'm sure they must be around here somewhere...

Oh yeah that multiple bladed light saver looks terrible. When I heard about a "build your own lighsaber" I thought it would be like that build your own sonic screwdriver for Dr Who. Where you get little components to customise the look.

Nope! :(

I splurged at the release event this morning and bought very authentic-looking replicas of the Resistance X-Wing, the Falcon and a Star Destroyer. I also got the Sphero BB-8, and it's as cool as it looks.

I think I'll name him... BB-8!

From previous regressive impulses I have acquired, among other things, two studio-quality light sabres (Vader and Kenobi) and the huge Millenium Falcon which scales to the action figures.

Edited by Asimovian

I'm all about the 6" Black Series figures, especially Stormtroopers. I couldn't make the Midnight outing and every store I ended up in later in the day only had the Kylo Ren or Chewie left on the shelves!

I saw a remote control BB-8 and remote control flying Falcon both over $100 I was surprised to see and really wanted. But, $100+ so no. There was a smaller $50 remote flying Falcon, but if I'm dropping that kind of money I'm probably going all out for the better one anyway. :)

I ended up going home with just Black Series new TIE and X-wing (Force Awakens versions) for myself. My daughter got a Kylo Ren lightsaber (I'm probably going to inherit her Rebels double-bladed lightsaber to defend myself with instead of the plastic katana) and a plush Darth Vader that makes Vader-breathing sounds. She had R2D2, Chewie, Yoda, and Darth to pick from and picked Darth. Aluminum Wolf's head is exploding somewhere.

Wrll I stopped by the local ToysRus just to see what they had for Force friday. Saw this so i picked it up as it pretty much exemplifies what i enjoy about Star Wars.

10885134_10153640134097112_5755452928118

Your favourite thing about star wars is disproportionate and cartoony characters that can be mish-mashed?

You and I have very different views on star wars, my friend. 

^_^

Your favourite thing about star wars is disproportionate and cartoony characters that can be mish-mashed?

You and I have very different views on star wars, my friend. 

^_^

Abso-frikkin-lutely!! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

BUUUU!

:P

So, there hasn't been much for new info on alien species, other than a few vague shots and one clear profile of Teedo, some creature in a concealing getup and a mask. Anyway, I don't know if any body picked up the new T-70 X-wing LEGO set, but I was looking at it today (didn't buy it, though), and it has some kind of minifigure pilot/ground crew Resistance alien. Of course, it's not an accurate protrayal of whatever it is, but I thought it was an interesting glimpse.

A mix in my toy bag.

After a week of ads, I went to my local Walmart to shop friday. Nothing on the shelf. When I got one sales person to help me, I was told if they had something it would have been  put out and he then walked away. Not doing I find your lack of faith disturbing, I hit Toysrus.

The nerf bowcater and blaster were small mini guns. The delux stormtrooper blaster was nice but the large clip on the left side gets in the way for right handers. Not out yet but the Finn blaster look nice. A Rubies product so could be just an orange and white plastic model, so my bet not worth $30 on Amazon. Still it has a shoulder strap, so one can nab candy without losing one's blaster.

Still a no on the multi blade lightsaber. I did nab the extenable lightsabers. Besides now being able to be Obi and Ani, I can be Luke without the blade falling out when held up side down like Halloween versions. Not seen the Nerf lightsabers yet, but feel they will be fun.

Some nice figures and vehicles found a new home with me.

Out of curiosity, has anyone picked up the Poe Dameron and X-Wing, or the equivalent TIE Fighter for the 3.75" action figures?  They are at the top of my personal wishlist from what I have seen, but was looking for an opinion on how the vehicles looked from someone who had them in hand.  My big concern is every picture I seem to have found of the TIE particularly seems to have warped "solar panels."