Sign in to follow this  
Alisair Longreach

Future Sourcebook Wishes

The warrior career book would be pretty close to the top of my list, followed by seeker and/or sentinel.

For species or alternate ways of knowing the force, the Dathomir could be fun, plus ya know... Night Sisters.  I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the Hapes Cluster or the Tapani Sector, but when it comes to species, honestly I feel it's not too difficult to adjust the starting characteristics, take away some of the starting XP and give them a flavorful racial ability or a boost die to subset of skills.  Also, I am pretty sure I'm one of a few people who wouldn't want to see a return of the Noghri, though really if you get rid of their racial martial art I might stand down from my "Noghri starts with No for a reason" platform.

Other than that... A Juyo/Vapaad form could be fun, but rolling my force rating to activate Forsee tells me if it's a thing, it will be in the warrior book.  It makes sense to go there, but it means they would have one fewer spec tree to try and round out warrior into something a little more than pilots with chips on their shoulders the size of a small moon.

Now that all 3 core books are out, is there any chance of 'generic' source books coming out. I wouldn't mind a starships book with rules for designing your own ships. Pretty much top of my wish list for most sci-fi games.

Now that all 3 core books are out, is there any chance of 'generic' source books coming out. I wouldn't mind a starships book with rules for designing your own ships. Pretty much top of my wish list for most sci-fi games.

Starship design rules are at the top of my want list though I think that would fit AOR's Engineer book more then an FAD.book

I would love a Tapani sector book especially if it included more Tapani sector native ship and vehicle designs and renames either the Carrier or Assault Frigate class because IMO having one of your current primary warship classes and your current primary Carrier class share a class name makes no sense. Maybe if one class was a conversion of the other it might make a little sense but since the Carrier is half the size of the Assault Frigate that can't be it.

More FFG created ship and vehicle designs in the Sil 5 and 6 range or details on EU/Legends designs that have not been detailed elsewhere

Starship design rules are at the top of my want list though I think that would fit AOR's Engineer book more then an FAD.book

I can see them doing this but I would prefer 1 book just on starships usable with all 3 lines.

Oooh, a starship design book... if that were a thing I would have to quote Jayne Cobb.  "I'll be in my bunk..."

Also, just a thought for the "Night Sister Energy Bow," until such a thing were printed in an official source, why not tweak a bowcaster?  My gut says maybe trade Cumbersome for Unwieldy and knockdown for... Something?  Pierce?  I dunno, shooting from the hip on this one.

Also, glad I'm not the only one who wants to head back to Tapani!  LIGHTFOILS FOR EVERYONE!!!!  Though if they have more hardpoints than a shoto i think i'd cry.

A Sith sourcebook focused on the exploring the ruins of the old Sith empires like Korriban, Dromund Kass, Ziost, etc. 

Sith Sorcery and Alchemy would also be nice. 

Maybe make them optional specs for a dark side focused game? I'm planning on having my players explore the ruins of an old Sith temple on Tund and I really wish there were some rules for Alchemy and Sorcery so I could better tempt them.

Honestly I just want Warriors to get some more options. If you can't/don't want to use a lightsaber you have be a bully or a space ace.

Now there is nothing wrong with those Specs by themselves but it feels weird that they the only options for Warriors. I might be wrong but more-so then almost any other Career in all of FFG SW the Warrior's Specs feel like they don't have any overlap.

Sure you could pick up Specs from other Careers but that should be a side option not the only way to help improve your character's theme(s) and capabilities.

I agree, but I think that the AoR Commander has the same problem with the three specs in the core.

I'd fancy a source book like Galatic Stringholds that focuses on force sensitive sects or cults like the Baron-do monks, Nightsister among others. Would give cool back stories for GMs to pull from, possibly elaborate information and give a new quest or two. (Also new races possible)

Not so much a sourcebook per se but at some point I would love for FFG to release an Art of book. This game has some of the best Star Wars art I've ever seen. I'd buy a book that collected some of the best pieces in one location.

Agreed. The artists that FFG pulled for this and the card game are amazing. I believe they did an art book. For Game of Thrones showcasing the art from the card game, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

It would also be nice if they did a book of ships that all had artwork. I know they aren't into stat splats like a ships guide ...... but it would be nice to have visuals for all the different ships they do stat up. 

Based upon the preview for Keepers of the Peace, I get the feeling that FFG isn't going to be doing Tradition-specific specializations.

So for things like White Current Adepts/Fallassi, Jensaurai Defenders, Dathomir Witches, Knights of Ren, and so forth, the most we should probably expect is a sidebar like we got in the FaD corebook about the Baron Do Sages of the Kel Dor.  Something that essentially says "hey, here's this Force tradition that might make a cool story element for the PCs or an adventure!" but not anything in the way of actual crunch.