Sign in to follow this  
Alisair Longreach

Future Sourcebook Wishes

These are the things I'd like to see in future Force & Destiny rulebooks.

Career Specializations:

Teras Kasi (Martial Artist)

Yuyo Master (Lightsaber Form VII)

Gray Paladin (Jedi Gunslinger)

Sith Inquisitor

Sith Assassin

Force Powers:

Aing-Tii Flow-Walking

Species:

Quirmian

Cathar

Barabel

Noghri

Regional Sourcebooks:

Jedi and Sith Temple worlds

What are your suggestions?

Honestly I just want Warriors to get some more options. If you can't/don't want to use a lightsaber you have be a bully or a space ace.

Now there is nothing wrong with those Specs by themselves but it feels weird that they the only options for Warriors. I might be wrong but more-so then almost any other Career in all of FFG SW the Warrior's Specs feel like they don't have any overlap.

Sure you could pick up Specs from other Careers but that should be a side option not the only way to help improve your character's theme(s) and capabilities.

Iktotchi and Umbaran species.

Preferably in one book.

Perhaps a bit more on building a lightsaber. Perhaps a campaign book designed around gaining the parts, with the conclusion being building it.

Iktotchi are coming in Keeping the Peace!

How did I miss that!?

Guardian is my favourite career. Plus, the other two races are interesting too.

Preferably in one book.

Perhaps a bit more on building a lightsaber. Perhaps a campaign book designed around gaining the parts, with the conclusion being building it.

They already have 2 adventures for getting the crystals. How many adventures to get crystals do we need?

Preferably in one book.

They already have 2 adventures for getting the crystals. How many adventures to get crystals do we need?

Not the crystals.....

.....the parts

As in the pieces that make up the hilt, how they assemble it etc

My own campaign will see me taking on a Kinrath to get a Dantari Crystal from one of its eggs. Kinrath is redesigned to actually be a giant spider rather than the Wookieepedia version. But I'd like to make the other parts a subject of campaigning.

Rather than

"Oh, I have 300 credits! I'm off to the corner shop to buy a lightsaber hilt."

I'd like my lightsaber.....THE WHOLE LIGHTSABER.....to be a campaign of its own.

Preferably in one book.

Not the crystals.....

.....the parts

As in the pieces that make up the hilt, how they assemble it etc

My own campaign will see me taking on a Kinrath to get a Dantari Crystal from one of its eggs. Kinrath is redesigned to actually be a giant spider rather than the Wookieepedia version. But I'd like to make the other parts a subject of campaigning.

Rather than

"Oh, I have 300 credits! I'm off to the corner shop to buy a lightsaber hilt."

I'd like my lightsaber.....THE WHOLE LIGHTSABER.....to be a campaign of its own.

According the rules though you can pretty much build the hilt out of anything. That's why they aren't make adventures on questing for the hilt. The games official position is that pretty much anything can be used to make the hilt. The key competent that requires the quest is the crystal. The parts themselves can be junk though. I think they went with this path since there are many different idea's through out the years on what makes up the hilt. And some hilts have been less techy than others. By not focusing on hilt construction itself they leave room for someone who wants to build their lightsabre hilt out of a rare wood that is from a certain tree on their homeworld. It serves the purpose of allowing for unique hilts without bogging the system down in mechanical rules for those hilts.

The GM's kit does have a bit more info on the hilt process. About a paragraph or two dedicated to saying you can buy the parts with the normal credits or make some skill checks to scrounge up the parts. But overall we aren't likely to ever see an adventure dedicated to the hilt since the system itself seems to assume it's an unimportant part of the construction. You could literally make your hilt using junk you find. 

That's not to say that you shouldn't make it a major part of the campaign. Just that based on whats been printed in the GM's Kit the stance FFG has taken is that the hilt isn't all that much work. The work will be in obtaining the knowledge to build a lightsabre and finding the crystal. 

I want to see...

Miraluka

Official Nagai (using fan made one)

Dathomir Witches (yes I know we can just do mystic and warrior, but want official)

White Current Adepts

Jar'Kai (again I know the debate we can just take what's here and call it that, but want it)...currently took gunslinger talent and incorporate it in Niman for one pc and Ataru for another and added improved quick draw and took out a 2nd tier tree talent and 3rd tier tree talent for them

Force Warrior or some other unarmed force specialization that does what Marauder does for non force

Edited by Kilcannon

Species: Draethos, Krevaaki, Miraluka, Nazzar, Selkath.

Vehicles: Star Courier, Delta-7B, Eta-2, Defender-class light corvette (ha!), Hammerhead-class cruiser (haha!).

A sourcebook on non-Jedi/Sith Force groups. Alternative weapons -- wan-shen, san-ni staff, lightstaff, Echani weapons, double-bladed swords.

Specs: Watchman, Investigator (for Sentinels), Mediator and Lore Keeper/Researcher (for Consulars), Weapon Master (probably for Warriors). (All of those are from Legends, btw.)

Oh, and call the Sentinel book "On the Watch".

Force Powers:

Aing-Tii Flow-Walking

I will personally fly to FFG headquarters and beat Sam Stewart over the head with a FaD book if they ever bring this nonsense into the game. And then I will hack into their sales records of everyone who bought that sourcebook, fly to their house and rip that page out of their book.

Edited by Desslok

Force Powers:

Aing-Tii Flow-Walking

I will personally fly to FFG headquarters and beat Sam Stewart over the head with a FaD book if they ever bring this nonsense into the game. And then I will hack into their sales records of everyone who bought that sourcebook, fly to their house and rip that page out of their book.

Will you wear an angry penguin suit?

Force Powers:

Aing-Tii Flow-Walking

Is this anything like the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back?

Force Powers:

Aing-Tii Flow-Walking

Is this anything like the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back?

I was very close to linking the end video to this. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had that image conjured in their mind.

A book that details the Sith and Imperial Force Users, such as the Emperor's Hands, preferably with talent trees and specializations. Also, while it might be silly, I wouldn't mind seeing stats for the lightwhips that the Nightsisters used. I always thought the concept was fun.

Races: Kushiban

Ssi-ruuk

Echani

Noghari

Muun

Force Powers:

Aing-Tii Flow-Walking

You have... entertained me.  I needed that :)