Sign in to follow this  
dewbie420

First X-Wing Youtube video to reach 1 Million views...

Wheaton does a good overview of the look and feel of the game for someone watching who isn't familiar with it.  I'm assuming that if I was more familiar with the other games I watch on Tabletop, then I'd notice errors and inconsistencies there too.

And the fact that he's against those GamerGate Neanderthals?  Icing on the cake. :)

Paul

You know.

This post perfectly illustrates what's wrong with the side you've taken.

Wheaton does a good overview of the look and feel of the game for someone watching who isn't familiar with it.  I'm assuming that if I was more familiar with the other games I watch on Tabletop, then I'd notice errors and inconsistencies there too.

And the fact that he's against those GamerGate Neanderthals?  Icing on the cake. :)

Paul

You know.

Ha!  I haven't been impressed with the actions of any gater I've read about.  If I have to take a side on some stupid internet thing, I'd rather be the side that doesn't make internet forums even more toxic than they are.  I'm not looking forward to when my daughter wants to do anything on the internet other than watch doll unboxing videos.

Trying to stay on the X-Wing topic, I'm really happy to hear about the 3 people that Tabletop directly got into our hobby!  One of the best things about playing the game in LGSes is having people with their kids walk by and talk about Star Wars - it's the same basic idea: if people see you having a fun time, they'll be interested in seeing what it's about.

Paul

I'm really happy to hear about the 3 people that Tabletop directly got into our hobby!  One of the best things about playing the game in LGSes is having people with their kids walk by and talk about Star Wars - it's the same basic idea: if people see you having a fun time, they'll be interested in seeing what it's about.

Just to drop a plug in--it's the point behind Fly Casual, too. When we play in public, we're all ambassadors for the game.

Paul

You know.

Ha!  I haven't been impressed with the actions of any gater I've read about.  If I have to take a side on some stupid internet thing, I'd rather be the side that doesn't make internet forums even more toxic than they are.  I'm not looking forward to when my daughter wants to do anything on the internet other than watch doll unboxing videos.

Trying to stay on the X-Wing topic, I'm really happy to hear about the 3 people that Tabletop directly got into our hobby!  One of the best things about playing the game in LGSes is having people with their kids walk by and talk about Star Wars - it's the same basic idea: if people see you having a fun time, they'll be interested in seeing what it's about.

Paul

but why do you sign your posts

In the spirit of getting this back on topic, I will say that that both this video and the 2013 worlds game between Paul and Dallas was what got me into the game, and how I got my friends into the game. So thanks to everyone involved with both those videos, for convincing me to buy into this great game!

Paul

You know.

Paul

"the side that doesn't make internet forums even more toxic than they are."

In what 1984-esque history is that side the one that's breached every journalistic ethic and standard there is?

On topic:

Table top is the sole reason I even found out about this game, along with table top games in general. That's show alone turned me into a huge xwing and table top gaming fan. I love the show personally. I played no table games 2 years ago. Now, it's one of my favorite social hobbies.

Off topic:

Yes, Will Wheaton is such a scumbag for sticking up for woman being harassed with death and **** threats because of internet tough guys with no moral standards. How dare he use his fame for good. Who does he think he is?!

/sarcasm..

Wheaton's more simply out of the loop for believing sockjuice lies than actively at fault, but keep in mind that the harassment purported to come from GG has been hilariously inflated. Something like sub-1%, the rest is third party idiots and trolls.

1. X-Wing Tabletop - got me to finally buy in to the game. Also, Wheaton explained pilot skill in the best way, and in a way that any Star Wars nerd can appreciate.

2. Gamergate - all depends on how you define it. Calling out journalistic shenanigans? Good. Threatening women with violence? Very Bad. (Some would argue the latter was never what gamergate was, but unfortunately it became forever intertwined in the issue, like it or not)

3. Politics of "personalities" - I don't care, so long as it doesn't involve discrimination. Your stance on topic-du-jour has nothing to do with the product you provide, so I ignore it if it isn't morally reprehensible.

Edited by GiraffeandZebra

3. Politics of "personalities" - I don't care, so long as it doesn't involve discrimination. Your stance on topic-du-jour has nothing to do with the product you provide, so I ignore it if it isn't morally reprehensible.

Basically this, the GG thing is incidental to my general dislike for Wheaton, he comes across as a used-car-salesman type and generally feels like he leveraged a casting nobody seems to like to self-appoint as a spokesperson for an entire demographic that doesn't necessarily agree with him.

I will always appreciate Tabletop introducing this and several games to me.

Tabletop has helped me find activities to enjoy with my family.

I don't care about gamergate or anybody's stance on it.

I think Wil's treatment of his former producer was absolutely horrible and I'd never want to work for the man.

Wil is typically my least favorite person on Tabletop, but overall he has been such a plus for boardgamers in general. So yeah, don't really like the dude, but he's provided a pretty big net positive in my life. If they make a season 4, I'll watch it.

A gamergate thread? here? Ugh...

Gamergate has become two different teams playing two completely seperate sports, and essentially shouting past each other the entire time. The entire thing, be it anti-, pro- or in-between is dead, and we should just put it to bed.

Honestly, though, Wheaton's thrown producers of Tabletop under the bus more recently in an extremely unprofessional manner, which is why a lot of people are currently a little furious at him.