ibsh

"Pre-assembled" skirmish maps

Ibsh, one thing I might suggest to make these maps able to be printed at more places, is remove the Star Wars Imperial Assault logo from the images.

Yeah, I'm not gonna do that. Sorry you're having trouble at Staples though.

When I printed them out I did six sets of the them current three maps. They were about $3 a piece including shipping from pixart printing. When they were 50% off for a week they were a little under a buck and a half and I printed a set of all the rest of the maps at that time. No idea how they can do it so cheap but they did. Hope it works in Australia and Canada. Because it is by far the best printing I've seen anywhere for anything close to that money.

How much are you yanks paying for this printing? 

Pixart don't ship to Aus?

They do. I put in the 256cm x 60cm for PVC banner. 

It comes to 30Euro including shipping. 13Euro for the poster and 17Euro for postage. I have a pet hate about paying more for postage than a product is worth but that's besides the point here. 

That's about $44 AUD.

I'm assuming that's that's for 4 maps on that size banner (at work now so I can't check the sizes in photoshop). About $10 per map isn't too bad but it's still not quite the $3 everyone else has been saying. 

$40 per tournament season ain't bad but at this price, I'm happy to just spend 5 min building maps. At $3 I'd print them all. 

$10 per sheet, which I think has 6 maps on it, so way less than $3 per map. Being able to have every single map printed on a high quality banner is pretty **** good for $44AUD. 

Edited by Back5

$10 per sheet, which I think has 6 maps on it, so way less than $3 per map. Being able to have every single map printed on a high quality banner is pretty **** good for $44AUD. 

Ah I think you may have misread, a banner of 256cm x 60cm will fit a maximum total of 6 maps on it so more like $7.50AUD per map, which isn't too bad compared to where I am the cheapest I'm getting is about $13.20USD per map for colour printed and laminated.

Yeah like I said I couldn't check the sizes from work. 6 per banner isn't too bad I guess I thought it was 4 or 3. I might have to play around a bit and see how much I can squeeze onto one banner. 

Either way it's looking like too much effort for me. 
I really don't mind the 5 min it takes to assemble a map. I don't think it's as big of an issue as everyone makes it out to be. Transport can be a different story though. 

Still love ibsh's work to reference, strategize and build maps from packs I don't own. 

Ah I think you may have misread, a banner of 256cm x 60cm will fit a maximum total of 6 maps on it so more like $7.50AUD per map, which isn't too bad compared to where I am the cheapest I'm getting is about $13.20USD per map for colour printed and laminated.

Wait for the next promo. I ordered all the maps on 4 banners for less than $30 shipped to USA during a special of theirs. Fantastic deal. 

Hello ibsh. Excellent work on this project. It seems like you are getting an equal amount of request and demands as praise for all your hard work. So it pains me to ask this small request of you. I am planing on printing out 4 sets of maps: 1-6,7-12,13-18 and 19-24 on the 8ft 8.579in x 1ft 11.780in on PVC banner with Pixartprinting. This would leave only the 4 player skirmish map by itself. So that will be a total of 5 print jobs. Could you please tell me what size I should use for just the 4 player skirmish map by itself. Also you mentioned something about tile outlines being added. Should I wate tell you are done with that? Thanks again for all your hard work. And I'm very sorry if I missed the size of this map if posted earlier in this thread. I read the whole thread and don't remember seeing it posted. I know it's nerve racking or nerve wracking, to have to answer the same question over and over again and my OCD will probably make me look for it again after I post this. THANKS!!!!

I've been slowly updating maps with the tile joins; has anyone printed PVC versions of the maps with these new markings? Are they visible, do they work OK? I'm concerned I might have gone a bit too subtle.

I've been slowly updating maps with the tile joins; has anyone printed PVC versions of the maps with these new markings? Are they visible, do they work OK? I'm concerned I might have gone a bit too subtle.

White dotted lines with very small dots?

I haven't printed them on PVC, but when printed on quality matte photo paper they are visible once you know what to look for.

Ibsh, one thing I might suggest to make these maps able to be printed at more places, is remove the Star Wars Imperial Assault logo from the images.

Yeah, I'm not gonna do that. Sorry you're having trouble at Staples though.

No problem.  I loaded them up in Gimp and made the necessary tweaks.   Once I did that, I was able to get it by the Copyright police.

Huge thanks to you guys for making these maps, they look great.

I'm extremely interested in the skirmish mode for IA. Has anyone tried to do adaptation for 3 or 4 players?

There are no guys, there's just me.

FFG added a four player system/map with Return to Hoth, search around a bit.

Hey I just wanted to say that the owner of the local gaming store really liked your work on the skirmish maps. We used one today for the tournament that he was running today. They are excellent work for those. He said thank you for doing it.

I haven't been following this thread to much, but as far as printing goes, has anyone tried BannersOnTheCheap.com? Back when I was starting X-Wing I had a vinyl star mat printed. Pretty sure they'll print any dimensions with any image onto some vinyl. Could work for this.  

I took a quick look, and after having bought a bunch off of www.pixartprinting.com, it looks like it's still cheaper and shipping is included in the price even coming from Italy.

Bannersonthecheap looks like it's about $5 a map - ish. And I didn't look into shipping at all. But pixartprinting is about $3 a piece and has gone 50% off before (and maybe sometime in the next few months, don't know but it's been at least 2-3 months I think). Don't get me wrong, banners on the cheap is cheaper than anything local by far, but pixartprinting is cheaper still for what it's worth :)

Once the new maps are created, would you (or someone), be willing to create the large map files starting with #23 for us? Thanks a ton for creating these. They are fantastic.