Sign in to follow this  
vyrago

New Core set Target exclusive on Force Friday

It seems increasingly likely that the new core set will be exclusive to Target stores in the US on Force Friday.  

reasons:

1.  all the leaks so far have come from Target stores.

2.  some Target employees have unofficially confirmed they have it, should be $39.99 US.

3.  no other retail chains claim to have it, in many cases they havent heard of it.  

TL;DR  all available evidence says Target only for Sept 4.

That's fine, I'll just wait and support my FLGS. I don't see the point of getting X-Wing from a big box store. You pay full retail but you don't support an FLGS. Might as well buy online and save money.

Unless there is a drought on X-Wing I see no point in buying from Barnes & Noble or Target.

Your topic sounded so matter of fact. Then I realized you have zero idea but are just speculating.

Also I highly doubt it will be Target exclusive. Maybe for midnight but after that everyone will have it that carries X-wing.

It could be a target exclusive by chance for a few hours if they are the only major store carrying it on Force Friday at midnight. But it would just be because nobody else has carried X-wing besides local stores.

Edited by chrisoc13

Is this saying that it is exclusive to Target just on Force Friday (say, for like a month or so) and then would get a general release? Wouldn't limiting it to just a single store for any long period of time would seem to preclude it from being a requirement for tournaments? 

Your topic sounded so matter of fact. Then I realized you have zero idea but are just speculating.

Also I highly doubt it will be Target exclusive. Maybe for midnight but after that everyone will have it that carries X-wing.

It could be a target exclusive by chance for a few hours if they are the only major store carrying it on Force Friday at midnight. But it would just be because nobody else has carried X-wing besides local stores.

I said based on all available evidence, Target is the best bet for Sept 4.  after that, yeah no doubt it will be everywhere.

I said based on all available evidence, Target is the best bet for Sept 4.  after that, yeah no doubt it will be everywhere.

I just think you should add "Speculation:" to your title, or at the very least a "?" at the end is all. This entire thread is just speculation.

TL;DR  all available evidence says Target only for Sept 4.

I agree that this seems highly probable. It is what I expect. Your title makes a definitive statement yet you have no confirmation.

My TL;DR says: keep it in the other thread (s) until you get confirmation.

I just think you should add "Speculation:" to your title, or at the very least a "?" at the end is all. This entire thread is just speculation.

Sorry if that offends you.  good thing you figured it out all out on your own huh?

Hey OP, nice job making it sound like you had confirmation of this, but only confirmed that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You get a freakin' gold star.

fc,220x200,white.u3.jpg

Too bad that certain thread of yours got deleted.  I remember an emphatic proclamation of being right about something that you most certainly were not right about.   

Edited by WarLax

Hey OP, nice job making it sound like you had confirmation of this, but only confirmed that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You get a freakin' gold star.

fc,220x200,white.u3.jpg

Too bad that certain thread of yours got deleted.  I remember an emphatic proclamation of being right about something that you most certainly were not right about.   

I'm pot, he's kettle. Though the difference is, I was right about there being a core set.

I'm not trying to guess anything.  I'm saying that based on evidence we've seen, which has been verified.  Target is the only store that currently appears to have the new core set.  Given that we don't have perfect information about this release, there isnt much else to go on.  You can choose to ignore these facts and heck, maybe your local gas station will have them on friday!  

I was right about everything. 

And also about what Wave 6 would be, I even basically outlined the entire concept of "Most Wanted" as one of the SKU's and that they would do Ghost and Gozanti with ship launching.

What do I win?

well, I'd actually buy you one of each if I had the finances. But I'm currently poorer THAN dirt.