Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

IFF Episode X: A New Host w/ Michael Gernes (Producer of Armada)

Stinks to have somebody who's so involved, yet so handcuffed on what he can talk about with a product. I wonder if the interview would have been different if this was post SW day or even post Sullust weekend.

I gotta agree.  It was great that an FFG guy was willing and able to come on the show, but it seemed like almost every topic was "I can't really talk about that."  Even his anecdotes were pretty restrained.  Too bad I was hoping for some real in sight into the game and the design.  Still it was nice to show up.

Thanks,

Duncan

Bring him back if you can for a prerelease Sullust interview! That way he is less handicapped (still going to be some handicapped going on though), but by then the spoilers will be out for most cards and that will let you guys talk more about Wave 2.

We Like Mike a lot, so hopefully we can go forward and get more cool info from him in the future! I'm sure with a partnership with Disney, FFG is understandably incredibly guarded- better safe than sorry as a policy. We would've definitely liked some tasty nuggest out of that, but we had a fun time chillin' with Mike regardless :)

@WWPDSteven  not trying to suggest he isn't a nice guy, just kind of painful listening to him constantly not answer questions

One of the things I love about IFF is that you guys are willing to shout out opinions, give your reasoning, and then follow up by telling if they worked or did not.  Unfortunately Mike didn't seem to have any opinions or facts he was able to share, so it really stuck out.

I'd love it if he were able to be on again and share some thoughts on lists that were overpowered in testing, or stuff that they think the community is missing that might change the meta, or tips on tactics/maneuvering from the people who get paid to play this game during development.

anyway - keep on recording new episodes

@WWPDSteven  not trying to suggest he isn't a nice guy, just kind of painful listening to him constantly not answer questions

One of the things I love about IFF is that you guys are willing to shout out opinions, give your reasoning, and then follow up by telling if they worked or did not.  Unfortunately Mike didn't seem to have any opinions or facts he was able to share, so it really stuck out.

I'd love it if he were able to be on again and share some thoughts on lists that were overpowered in testing, or stuff that they think the community is missing that might change the meta, or tips on tactics/maneuvering from the people who get paid to play this game during development.

It's not what he answered, it is how he answered.

Cryptic I know but I a Navy Intelligence Veteran. Reading into things is what I do.

I thought it was pretty cool of Mike to go on the show, given he was inevitably going to be the asked the questions he was (I.e. The ones we were all hoping to hear) It was a good episode and good banter as always! Good on Mike and FFG for playing ball (unlike certain UK based secretive model companies).

I seriously think squadrons will get a new lease of life after wave 2 hits. Fielding 3 ISDs might be easy against corvette spam, but the small units of bombers will be a real thorn in the side of the big hitters. I think Mike may have even alluded to this in the interview.

Pretty sure his preference for the Home One title and Han Solo was his opinion.

Pretty sure his preference for the Home One title and Han Solo was his opinion.

Which makes me so happy! Having people on both sides of the opinion line in the production team means that the balance stays true!

Yes quite a contrast with the Cardboardoftherings and grey company podcasts, where they occasionally have the devs for Lord of the Rings LCG on. Celeb and Mat (the devs) are super open, in comparison, they spoil cards, give hints, and generally tease the pod casters a bit........ One of them admitted totally making a mistake, on the wording on a card, stuff like that. Mike in comparison came over more like a politician in his answers! Obviously his hands were tied and he sounds like a nice guy ......... Still I enjoyed the banter as always - keep it up ;)