Sign in to follow this  
haldrich

Looking for Gimli promo GenCon2015

Apparently we will not get alt art Legolas with the Prancing Pony quest unless playing at a fellowship event. I imagine unless you went to gencon we will not get alt art Gimli either but who knows, maybe this will not be the case.

If anyone has a copy of the entire quest (Ruins of Belegost) with or without Gimli I would pay handsomely for it. No copies are floating around on the web and who knows how long before FFG release it as POD. 

If it is only exclusive for gencon attendants, then this Gimli will be an excellent candidate for Strange Eons+ printer's studio

Edit: however, I am pretty certain it will be included in the PoD adventure.

Edited by OMZA

Everything I have read indicates it will not be in the pod. I do have an extra quest deck with Gimli from GenCon. PM offers. Located in U.S., so more for shipping out of country.

Update: gone

Edited by Nosilloc

I have an extra copy of the quest (with Gimli promo) as well if someone would like to purchase it.  Also, I have an extra copy of the COTR podcast's custom "Keeping Count" expansion (adds a semi-cooperative variant to the game) that was given to GenCon attendees that I could throw in as well if interested.

Edited by McDog3

I recently bought a copy of the GenCon quest, including the alternative art Gimli. I would be willing to sell the alternate art card, if it helped me covering a considerable part of the price that I paid for this pack. If anyone is interested, please do let me know (PM?). I would prefer to ship within the EU.

Speaking of which, I would love to see a modern Gimli deck.

My girlfriend runs Gimli, Bifur and Galadriel in an Ent deck. It works wonders. Gimli defends in early rounds to cover for the ents, Bifur claims resources if she only draws Lore cards, and Galadriel helps with card draw and keeping threat low. I've wanted to build a Gimli/Galadriel deck for a long time, Bifur was a good addition and then Ents fit the spheres. We do not run Dain with this.

Hi all,

I do not know if this has been written anywhere else but here is a confirmation from FFG that the alternate art Gimli is a GenCon 2015 exclusive card that will not be distributed with the Print-On-Demand release of Ruins of Belegost.

The promo that was included during the GenCon event where tired to the event and not product.  Meaning, that when Ruins of Belegost goes on sale, it will not be included with the product.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team
customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com

I hate this exclusivety stuff. One of the reason I bought into the LOTR LCG back in 2012 was that you presumably avoided having to chase "rares" or "mythics" around the world. But no!! First the playmats were released (why not sell these in the FFG shop?) and now they start to produce alternate art cards (Aragorn and Gimli so far). Why only award a very small crowd of players that have the chance to attend a specific conference? Why not give all their fans the option to get such a card without having to spend tons of time and money chasing it in the secondary market? In Denmark the only option to get these special releases is through eBay or similar. No game store I am aware of organizes LOTR LCG events. The nature of the game is not really well suited for events.

Anyway, if anybody has an alternate art Gimli card they want to part with, then I am ready to pay a nice price for it. Let me know.

Edited by Jacob5432

I'd have to disagree. There's no "rare-hunting" like there is in Magic since all of the promo cards are just alternate art versions of preexisting heroes, not powerful new ones. They have to give out something exclusive at events like Fellowship and Gen Con, and alternate art cards seems like a good way to go.

Edited by Ecthelion III

I'd have to disagree. There's no "rare-hunting" like there is in Magic since all if the promo cards are just alternate art versions of preexisting heroes, not powerful new ones. They have to give out something exclusive at events like Fellowship and Gen Con, and alternate art cards seems like a good way to go.

Couldn't agree more with Ecthelion. If they gave away a player card that was unique and could not be obtained anywhere else that would be mighty upsetting but they are always simply alternative art cards that in reality have no meaning or worth other than for fans of that hero that want to use a full art promo version just because. 

I'd have to disagree. There's no "rare-hunting" like there is in Magic since all if the promo cards are just alternate art versions of preexisting heroes, not powerful new ones. They have to give out something exclusive at events like Fellowship and Gen Con, and alternate art cards seems like a good way to go.

Couldn't agree more with Ecthelion. If they gave away a player card that was unique and could not be obtained anywhere else that would be mighty upsetting but they are always simply alternative art cards that in reality have no meaning or worth other than for fans of that hero that want to use a full art promo version just because. 

I go the other way and am disappointed that they have decided this after including the Aragorn alt art in the POD. Fellowship/Gen Con players already have benefits in obtaining and playing the quest early. It does seem fair to those players that are heavily involved in the game but don't live in the US to attend such events (I'll be surprised to find a Fellowship event running for the next quest).