R2-EQ

X-Wing Co-Op Campaign is Here!

I have downloaded everything and we are getting ready to try this out but there is one thing I can not find. What is the starting amount of points each player begins with?

5 if you start with an X-Wing, 8 if you start with a Y-Wing. Page 10 of the rulebook.

Edited by Kharnete

Thanks. One other thing I did not see, are unique upgrades,R2-D2 etc, allowed to be used by everyone or just the first pilot to buy them? If they are still unique how have you guys dealt with assigning them?

Thanks. One other thing I did not see, are unique upgrades,R2-D2 etc, allowed to be used by everyone or just the first pilot to buy them? If they are still unique how have you guys dealt with assigning them?

There is a sidbar that says you should decide if unique upgrades are available to each pilot or not. People tend to want to be different, so probably not much of an issue if you allow it or not.

Edited by GeneticDrift

There is a sidbar that says you should decide if unique upgrades are available to each pilot or not. People tend to want to be different, so probably not much of an issue if you allow it or not.

Are you allowing multiple uniques? If so how does your group decide who gets the upgrade? It seems R2-D2 is one everyone would want, but cheesy to allow him on all of them.

Correct. A bump causes loss of actions. Note, if they have a free action before they move that of course happens as it is before they move...

Yes, crits are still tracked. We put the card next to the TIE.

Right. So, if an Interceptor will ALWAYS get that free focus (or Expose if that Ace that has it) unless he somehow has a stress token? I'm using Eaden Vrill's ability along with R3A2 and Hobbie's ability on an X Wing. 

If I use R3A2, then the Tie/In gets a stress token that will prevent him from taking the free focus next turn, correct? 

I posted an exerpt from the rulebook below as well: 

If an AI ship executes a red maneuver,

it does not receive a stress token–

simply skip its Action Selection step.

This rule is crucial for operating the AI.

However, AI ships can still receive stress

from other effects such as Debris Fields

and Flechette Torpedoes. While an AI

ship has a stress token, it may still perform

red maneuvers and acquire tokens,

but cannot perform free actions. Its

next normal action will be used to remove

the stress token. If a ship can perform

multiple actions, (due to Push the Limit,

for example) it may remove a stress token

first and then select another action.

Correct, if it get's stress from s differnt means (stress bot, crit card, etc...) it can not preform free actions, and it's regular action is always going to be clear stress.

Ugh. Took me too long to get this clarification. The game is tough enough without playing the interceptors incorrectly...

Thanks for the response!

Time to start play testing ARC-170!!

At first glance, I don't think it will cause any issues to have in the campaign.  It fits better than  the T-70/E-wing/K-wing.  Clone war era fighter, phased out by the Empire, scooped up and used by the early Alliance.  It's stats don't seem too broken.  I think it will fit quite nicely in HotAC.

On a different/similar note, with the A-wing/R-22 being in Rebels earlier in the rebellion, and some weaknesses it suffers from (as talked about here), what are people's thoughts on making the A-wing a possible starting ship?

Edited by Salted Diamond

Now all we need is a dial for the ARC-170.

Oh and I think making an a-wing a starting ship would be a good idea, or maybe making a "proto-type Awing/R-22 spearhead" that is a starting ship that has some minor changes to the A-wing.

Edited by knavelead

So played game three finally tonight - we shuffled the deck and pulled Secure the Holo Receiver.

The Squad

PS 2 - X-wing - "Speedy", R2 Unit

PS 2 - X-wing - "The Saint", R2D2, Proton Torpedeos

PS 2 - X-wing - "Rook", R2 Unit, Engine Upgrade

PS 2 - Y-wing - "8-Ball", Ion Cannon, R5P9

Mission Ship PS2 Hawk, +2 Shields and Ion Cannon

Image of the state of affairs at the start of Turn 5

IMG_07191.jpg

Random "stat fact"

One pilot has lost more X-wings, then the Squad has killed Tie's. Combined.

(Oh, another mission won without a single enemy ship killed)

Edited by Shockwave

Man, I've been itching to get some more Aturi Cluster in.  I'll probably start a new campaign with some of the guys at the standard Tues game night.

Oh, and I decided to try a basic bat rep of the one mission Ryan and I did over the holiday.  Hope you like it!

Oh and I think making an a-wing a starting ship would be a good idea, or maybe making a "proto-type Awing/R-22 spearhead" that is a starting ship that has some minor changes to the A-wing.

It was not designed for HotAC, but I did this a while ago:

custom_upgrade_card___a_wing_title_by_od

So played game three finally tonight - we shuffled the deck and pulled Secure the Holo Receiver.

The Squad

Random "stat fact"

How are you managing to win without killing anything!? Going straight for the objectives and hoping for the best? Or just unlucky dice rolls?

That mission was our first from the deck. We had:

PS 2 - X-wing - No upgrades (That's me... I hadn't decided what ship I wanted to end up using so hadn't spent any points yet)
PS 2 - X-wing - R2D2, Proton Torpedeos
PS 3 - Y-wing - BB-8, TLT, Seismic Charge
PS 2 - Y-wing - Targeting Astromech, Ion Cannon, Proton Torpedoes

We sent everything towards the TIEs in one corner, disabling two sensors in turn one and taking/dealing no range 3 damage. Then XXY piled in on the TIE's in that corner turn two getting a kill, with the HWK and ion Y disabling another two sensors. Turn three saw an ion on the lead TIE from the other group, which ended up putting it on an asteroid next turn as well as blocking its wingmen nicely, and we revealed the correct sensor! Turn four the HWK successfully sliced first attempt!

The ion Y was on one hull so jumped out and we jumped the full health HWK as the shuttle, Interceptor and more TIEs had all just come in together. The rest of us duked it out for a bit longer and I scored a kill on the shuttle while the TLT Y took out three wounded TIEs on its own. So, four TIEs and a shuttle dead.

It was not designed for HotAC, but I did this a while ago:

custom_upgrade_card___a_wing_title_by_od

I like this idea! however would give a swarms too much hull i believe to be viable, especially with charadan refit (however boost is lovely on them!) maybe make it "lose your Boost action and replace it with Barrel Roll" then make it 0 points cost

I really like the idea of A wings as starting ships, i really really want an a wing to start, like seriously! PLEASE LET ME DO IT!!! lol.

i might look into it with my local buddys and try some house rules or something

now an E wing late game will be good again, something i will look into with my local lot.

Edited by taulover55

In my HoTAC we do some house rules:

A-Wing are starter ships. I consider it a ship par with the X-Wing, so I think there is no balance problem here.

The XP points are put in a poll, divided equally by the players (the ones with more kills get the extra points) - so support/guardian players are rewarded.

With the introduction of mobile firing arcs in the game, I think the R-22 Spearhead could benefit from representing the rotating cannons they had in the lore, allowing them to shoot backwards.

Action: Rotate your pilot template 180 degrees on your base. You still move in the direction the miniature is facing.

Edited by Azrapse

The Squad

Random "stat fact"

How are you managing to win without killing anything!? Going straight for the objectives and hoping for the best? Or just unlucky rolls

We had 2-3 Ties on one hull but couldn't finish them. We played pretty much the same way you did. Disabled two sensors on the 1st turn, 2 more on the 2nd. Found the channel on the 3rd turn. At this point the X's were all out of shields. 4th the hawk bumped me, and I shot another sensor to make it a 50/50 to splice the channel next turn, also the Shuttle and Interceptor turned up, X's start running for it. Turn 5 the hawk spalls up the hyperdrive, splices the channel and rolls natural hits to go in to hyperspace. 1 X makes the friendly edge, other two get shot down. Turn 6, all the ties out of position, I green move, spall up, focus and hyperspace out.

The only advantage starting with an A-Wing is that the A-Wing has 2 EPTs at PS3, when other players are just getting their first one. Other than that, there's really no reason an A-Wing can't be a starter ship.

I can think of a lot of reasons you wouldn't want to be an A-Wing at start-up, but that's a different story.

Odanan, how many starter points do you give a PS2 A-Wing? I would figure 8 would be the correct balance point.

We had 2-3 Ties on one hull but couldn't finish them. We played pretty much the same way you did. Disabled two sensors on the 1st turn, 2 more on the 2nd. Found the channel on the 3rd turn. At this point the X's were all out of shields. 4th the hawk bumped me, and I shot another sensor to make it a 50/50 to splice the channel next turn, also the Shuttle and Interceptor turned up, X's start running for it. Turn 5 the hawk spalls up the hyperdrive, splices the channel and rolls natural hits to go in to hyperspace. 1 X makes the friendly edge, other two get shot down. Turn 6, all the ties out of position, I green move, spall up, focus and hyperspace out.

I guess that's where our TLT Y really shone. Clearing up the one health TIEs. He's massively ahead in XP as a result as well. Sounds like you were as lucky as we were at slicing, which I know really helped us out. Sounds like you were unlucky to not get the kills but also lucky to not get killed! Another day of thrills and spills in the Aturi Cluster!

I guess that's where our TLT Y really shone. Clearing up the one health TIEs. He's massively ahead in XP as a result as well. Sounds like you were as lucky as we were at slicing, which I know really helped us out. Sounds like you were unlucky to not get the kills but also lucky to not get killed! Another day of thrills and spills in the Aturi Cluster!

From what I've read a TLT Y is very powerful. One of the reasons I chose not to take it. While we knocked out the Sensor quickly (2 Ion cannons will do that) we spliced on odds really. We did get lucky on the Hyperspace jumps though (at least the Hawk did).