Sign in to follow this  
Marinealver

There will be no more fixes for old ships. (T-70>T-65)

Tie Fighters will be getting 3 new pilots at least in the Assault Carrier expansion. Maybe they'll toss in some upgrades or titles that work with the Wave 1 ships.

But you greedy X-wingers have enough Astromechs as it is.

Imperial pilots should get Pilot Suit upgrades since their ships generally lack life-support systems.

ner

ties exchanged their life-support systems for the "prayer" upgrade

it's that upgrade where you roll green dice and hope you don't get one shot

For all those proposing fixes for X-wings, TIE-Defenders and E-wings here is your fix.

(snip)

Still some might argue that replacing old models instead of buffing old models is sort of inevitable. Once Wave 8 comes out nearly every roll in the three factions will be filled. There isn't much room for modifying stats and keeping the point curve on par. Also since X-wing is a true living game it is going to have to put out new ships to continue to live. Once there is no more room for models with a different roll older under-powered models will just get replaced with better ones.

The power creep is real and unavoidable.

As others have pointed out, at GenCon the developers were pretty sure they would continue to patch old ships into usefulness--including and especially the game's namesake. So are you working from some kind of inside information that indicates that position has changed over the past four weeks, or are you just running around screaming (and, not incidentally, misleading new players) for no reason at all?

Or, as I put it in another thread, what would it take for you to stop being unpleasant about this?

Rogue one should have a scene where the Rebels be like "aha, we've outrun the stardestroyer, the TIE's won't be a problem."

Then Skipray Blastboats and Assault gunboats come at them, and all the haters in the audience are like NOOOO Now FFG have to release them! and the XG-1 appreciation society be like hahahahaha /trollface

Edited by DariusAPB

...IF there is any new upgrade types coming out in the near future along with a new x-wing ship, I'm sure FFG has plans to make a mod upgrade card that allows us to have the NEW upgrade type on an old ship. Of course it will cost more squad points. 

And if FFG releases more generic Astromechs... the T-65 could still be competitive.

For all those proposing fixes for X-wings, TIE-Defenders and E-wings here is your fix.

tumblr_lxo1mv7Pie1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

That's right your T-65 just go and die with Porkins.

Still some might argue that replacing old models instead of buffing old models is sort of inevitable. Once Wave 8 comes out nearly every roll in the three factions will be filled. There isn't much room for modifying stats and keeping the point curve on par. Also since X-wing is a true living game it is going to have to put out new ships to continue to live. Once there is no more room for models with a different roll older under-powered models will just get replaced with better ones.

The power creep is real and unavoidable.

You know there's a new astromech in the new starter right?   Every astromech, ept, and modification is in a sense, a potential fix to X-Wings, (Or other older ships respectively). 

T-70 Retrofit - X-wing Only.  Title.  Increase your shield value by 1.  Your action bar gains the boost action.  Your upgrade bar gains the "mystery upgrade slot" icon.

tumblr_m9ngtyv3BR1r98lguo1_500.gif

Seriously, is learner even a real word?

Edited by DarthEnderX

...is learner even a real word?

Oxford English Dictionary says:

1. One who learns or receives instruction; a disciple. †In early use, a scholar, man of learning.

And it's attested in its current form all the way back to the 16th century.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

Whaharr!

You want to have your X-Wings fixed?

Forget about them! Buy the new ones!

Thats how money is made.

Seriously, don't perpetuate this. We have direct quotes from the game's designers, dating to the beginning of this month, that the (original) X-wing is on the list of things to be tweaked.

Whaharr!

Thats how money is made.

You know how to make even more money?

Sell a T-65 fix in the T-70 expansion. So eventually, you'll have nearly as many T-70s as you do functional T-65s, allowing the player even greater versatility.

That's how you do it.

They have stated repeatedly that X-wings will get "some love".  Why are you so focused on the T-70 being the X-wing fix?  I do not believe that the "fix" is going to be the new T-70.   

You can't make old X-wings into the new T-70's due to the dials, but you could probably make the T-68 or something that has the same dial, but adds Boost to the action bar.  I'm pretty sure just doing that and allowing for Autothrusters would bring the X-wing back front and center. 

They have stated repeatedly that X-wings will get "some love".  Why are you so focused on the T-70 being the X-wing fix?  I do not believe that the "fix" is going to be the new T-70.   

You can't make old X-wings into the new T-70's due to the dials, but you could probably make the T-68 or something that has the same dial, but adds Boost to the action bar.  I'm pretty sure just doing that and allowing for Autothrusters would bring the X-wing back front and center. 

"T-65B"

"X-Wing Only"

[magical fix print here]

That's all it'd take- and the most strategic way to get it out there would be to sell it with the separate T-70s.

One could have a T-65 "fix" in it.

Could, and if it were me, that's where I'd put it.

But there's possible issues that I don't know about. For example will there be room on the sheet to print the fix? That seems like a odd thing to say I'm sure, but I worked as a printer and I know that the markup is seldom as simple as it seems.

Also how well will a upgrade that is completely useless to the ship in the expansion be received? Would having a T-65 fix in the T-70 package actually hurt sales to new players? I wouldn't think it would have a big impact but I could see people being miffed if they get a card that is completely worthless to them, unless they go out and buy a T-65 expansion.

Maybe they have a aces pack in the works that will include a new X-Wing? Myself I kinda hope not, I have 6 X-Wings now and will get at least 2 T-70's... I don't want more T-65's, I just want the ones I have to work better.

Actually, thinking of that... putting the T-65 fix in with a T-70 single blister wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd suggest to newcomers to the SW universe, that there's a whole other cool set of ship that pre-date this "new" Episode 7 and they should go check them out. It's not a terrible idea, from a marketing and sales angle.

Whaharr!

Thats how money is made.

Seriously, don't perpetuate this. We have direct quotes from the game's designers, dating to the beginning of this month, that the (original) X-wing is on the list of things to be tweaked.

Yup... and Alex was just talking about the TIE Defender at the start of the month and this week we got the new TIE Engine MOD that has a Defender pictured on the card.

Now if that ain't real, you guys... some of you; might need to get your heads right.

;)

I thought Porkens had ejected and parachuted all the way back to Massassi base right after the medal ceremony. I saw it on Disney channel, so it must be true.

Can't wait to fly Rookies with the T-70 and AT, that new Xwing will be better than Biggs in drawing fire. That's your fix.

But I wanna fly Wedge in a T-70, is that too much to ask????

I believe he was quoted as saying the prospect bored him.

More specifically, he said in response to a press query that he wasn't interested in a cameo for nostalgia's sake. (An actual offer was never made.) He also clarified that if he was offered an actual role, he would seriously consider it.

He didn't say reprising Wedge bored him, he said he gets bored when people ask him about Star Wars--possibly because it's been thirty years and he's done a lot of work since (his IMDB page is about six yards long, and that doesn't include stage work).

Actually, thinking of that... putting the T-65 fix in with a T-70 single blister wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd suggest to newcomers to the SW universe, that there's a whole other cool set of ship that pre-date this "new" Episode 7 and they should go check them out. It's not a terrible idea, from a marketing and sales angle.

Exactly! It gives newbies the incentive to buy old X-Wings, and Oldies the incentive to buy new X-Wings..!

And what other way to bridge the gap of old an new, than with the good old X-Wing?

If that's what happens, saying I called it. :P

Exactly! It gives newbies the incentive to buy old X-Wings, and Oldies the incentive to buy new X-Wings..!

And what other way to bridge the gap of old an new, than with the good old X-Wing?

If that's what happens, saying I called it. :P

So you're going to say you "called it" when it's what a bunch of people have been saying already and you've even quoted one of them in that post?

Ok, then, if that's how it works... :)

Its actually pretty simple if they want to do it. I cant believe no one has come up with this so far.

X-Wing T-70 upgrade 3pts

Title
X-Wing T-65 only

Add Boost Action to action bar

Add Magic New Upgrade icon
Add +1 Shield
Replace Movement dial with dial for Xwing T-70

This is based on the fact that a Blue Squadron Novice has the same PS and is 3 points more than a Rookie. You will still need to have a T-70 dial for every T-65 you want to upgrade but oh well they get to sell more ships. Problem solved. You can now have every T-65 pilot in a T-70.