Sign in to follow this  
GigaGamer Gabe

Venatorii Becoming a Magos

Within Lathe Worlds is the Venatorii, or Crimson Guard, which is arguably the most over-powered advance in the Game (as i've read, anyway). My question is, if you were to ascend a Venatorii with the Ascension book, could you select Magos as the Ascended career? I generally believe that none of the ones that Guardsman choose from fit. Vindicare assassins and stormtroopers feel too seperated from the Mechanicus, as do Interrogator and Inquisitor. I would not go so far as to say that Venatorii be given access to Tech-Priest Specific alternate ranks, as if you do, why need a tech-priest anyway?

What is the general opinion on this?

Like a # of roles there really doesn't seem  to be a good Ascended career.  Stormtrooper is the 1 I would lean to as they should be the elite of the Ad Mech military Forces.  Depending on his role in the group, the Crusader is another.  As I can see him as the Bodyguard to a Magos.  An Vindicare assassin, no but I can see the Ad Mech having something similar for simple problem solving. 

Same problem here (I'm going to play a Crimson Guard in an Ascension campaign). In Lathe Worlds(page 39) is pointed that Venatorii got recruited by more military minded TECH-PRIESTS; so Ventorii are part of Adeptus Mechanicus, not as Skitarii, but as tech-priests. 

I think magos is relevant ascension carrer for them, perhaps selecting Weapon-Tech or Armour-Monger as ascended trait instead of  tech-tinker.

Venatorii ain't tech-priesst, they are elite soliders. They are recruited by tech-priests as shock troops.

But a the leval of ascension, you could as much be a magos (since the Venatorii is still versed enough in the domain of technology to play that role well), a storm trooper (representing that he attained the pinnacle of martial might). Could also be a judge, representing its role in the purgation of hereteks or the command of skiitarii forces.