Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
biomage

Playing with 2 copies of Battlelore

Recommended Posts

I have two copies of Battlelore and each of the expansions. When playing, each person uses their own command deck .  However, in the Epic rules, it states that both players should use the same deck. Does anyone play with two base games? If so, do you use one or two command decks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play with two base games and only use one deck for all games.  The other one and dice are still sealed for future replacements.  I use one deck to represent a days worth of battle.  Once the deck is gone, players add up flags captured and which ever side has the most flags wins.  I guess with a deck for each side you know you'll get that mounted charge eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jakews said:

Do you paint one army as one type and the other as another or do you paint them just based on their banner colour?

 

 

Having different shape banners just isn't enough for me. I actually use white and black trays for the units. It makes moving them easier and allows you to quickly assess the battlefield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Actually, I ordered transparent acrylic hexes (gray and clear) from Litko. They allow ease of movement without totally obscuring the terrain. Unfortunately, I don't have any way adhearing them to the hexes. I have thought about using sticky-tack, but haven't tried it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

biomage said:

 Actually, I ordered transparent acrylic hexes (gray and clear) from Litko. They allow ease of movement without totally obscuring the terrain. Unfortunately, I don't have any way adhearing them to the hexes. I have thought about using sticky-tack, but haven't tried it. 

Does sticky-tack harm the game board and/or the terrain hexes? I've been thinking about using it to avoid the inevitable "oops" that occurs at least once per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marximus said:

s sticky-tack harm the game board and/or the terrain hexes? I've been thinking about using it to avoid the inevitable "oops" that occurs at least once per game.

 

I use sticky-tack to adhere the units to movement trays, not the game board. Sticky-tack will likely leave a residue on the board. I would not use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

biomage said:

Marximus said:

 

s sticky-tack harm the game board and/or the terrain hexes? I've been thinking about using it to avoid the inevitable "oops" that occurs at least once per game.

 

 

 

I use sticky-tack to adhere the units to movement trays, not the game board. Sticky-tack will likely leave a residue on the board. I would not use it.

Thanks for the info.  I ended up buying a 3M product used in magazines for pull out ads (found it at Wall-Mart).  It works great, is reusable and doesn't appear to stain at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made my own movement trays from 1/4 inch luan plywood.  Using my table saw it was easier to cut this than foam core board.

The Litko stuff sounds like a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...