Sign in to follow this  
biomage

Playing with 2 copies of Battlelore

I have two copies of Battlelore and each of the expansions. When playing, each person uses their own command deck .  However, in the Epic rules, it states that both players should use the same deck. Does anyone play with two base games? If so, do you use one or two command decks?

I play with two base games and only use one deck for all games.  The other one and dice are still sealed for future replacements.  I use one deck to represent a days worth of battle.  Once the deck is gone, players add up flags captured and which ever side has the most flags wins.  I guess with a deck for each side you know you'll get that mounted charge eventually. 

Jakews said:

Do you paint one army as one type and the other as another or do you paint them just based on their banner colour?

Having different shape banners just isn't enough for me. I actually use white and black trays for the units. It makes moving them easier and allows you to quickly assess the battlefield. 

Actually, I ordered transparent acrylic hexes (gray and clear) from Litko. They allow ease of movement without totally obscuring the terrain. Unfortunately, I don't have any way adhearing them to the hexes. I have thought about using sticky-tack, but haven't tried it. 

biomage said:

Actually, I ordered transparent acrylic hexes (gray and clear) from Litko. They allow ease of movement without totally obscuring the terrain. Unfortunately, I don't have any way adhearing them to the hexes. I have thought about using sticky-tack, but haven't tried it. 

Does sticky-tack harm the game board and/or the terrain hexes? I've been thinking about using it to avoid the inevitable "oops" that occurs at least once per game.

Marximus said:

s sticky-tack harm the game board and/or the terrain hexes? I've been thinking about using it to avoid the inevitable "oops" that occurs at least once per game.

I use sticky-tack to adhere the units to movement trays, not the game board. Sticky-tack will likely leave a residue on the board. I would not use it.

biomage said:

Marximus said:

s sticky-tack harm the game board and/or the terrain hexes? I've been thinking about using it to avoid the inevitable "oops" that occurs at least once per game.

I use sticky-tack to adhere the units to movement trays, not the game board. Sticky-tack will likely leave a residue on the board. I would not use it.

Thanks for the info.  I ended up buying a 3M product used in magazines for pull out ads (found it at Wall-Mart).  It works great, is reusable and doesn't appear to stain at all.

I made my own movement trays from 1/4 inch luan plywood.  Using my table saw it was easier to cut this than foam core board.

The Litko stuff sounds like a good idea.