Sign in to follow this  
MountainDrew

Character Sheet folios

Ok, fine! I concede... the Mac Laptop has to go... to the other side of the TV Tray, cause I've got to move my desk in to where the Router is and setup my PC again.  Bit by bit you have whittled away at my resistance Oggy... no longer will I have wireless freedom to move from room to room when planning out my campaigns... my PCs and NPCs will be generated bit by bit and block by block in your Magical Engine of Conformity with the glue of Awesomesauce!  I shall grovel like all the rest as we await the blessing of the Great Oggkleseizure!

Hey, OggDude, I noticed that Pash has a balanced hilt on his blaster pistol. That attachment is melee-weapon only.

That's been fixed for awhile, but ol' Pash still has it on his blaster.  I think I started that character shortly after I released the software in 2013, so he probably has a few things "grandfathered" in :)

Ok, fine! I concede... the Mac Laptop has to go... to the other side of the TV Tray, cause I've got to move my desk in to where the Router is and setup my PC again.  Bit by bit you have whittled away at my resistance Oggy... no longer will I have wireless freedom to move from room to room when planning out my campaigns... my PCs and NPCs will be generated bit by bit and block by block in your Magical Engine of Conformity with the glue of Awesomesauce!  I shall grovel like all the rest as we await the blessing of the Great Oggkleseizure!

You will be one with the body.  It is the will of Landru... ;)

What about making a VM on your Mac?  Then you'll get the best of both worlds.

PS:  Sorry for the "Star Trek" reference on a "Star Wars" forum :)

Yeah, I have used bootcamp with Windows 7 on it, but it's not the same and I get frustrated with it.  I use both at work (27" Mac Pro on one side, HP Z820 Workstation with 3 monitors on the other) and I've learned I prefer native solutions.  I have a nice gaming computer sitting in a closet cause I just got where I wasn't using it anymore.  Once you pull the plug on the MMORPG addiction life is simpler again with a lot more time for creativity.  Partly I'm afraid that with the Gaming PC back online I'll get back to old habits and I kind of enjoy the headspace I'm in right now.  If I fall, I'll just print out your profile pic and throw darts at it from time to time...

I always mix my metaquoteafors and Star Star is just as good as Trek Wars.  "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the Bothans."

WOW had me in its clutches for five years.  I haven't played now for at least three years and have no desire to start up again.  In fact, I'm finding it hard to play any involved game for any length of time now.  I bought the last Dragon Age, played it for a bit, and haven't touched it since.  Even Digital Talisman only gets played every once in awhile, and I haven't even played that in over a month.

Edited by OggDude

Ok, so I finally took the plunge and re-boot camped my MacBook Pro with Windows 10.  Figure I might as well get used to using what I'm going to have to support when faculty or students bring in their own laptops (which we aren't supposed to support but always end up having to).  Got connected to the internet, hooked up my Google Drive and installed this program.  Failed on the Web Install, but runs fine from the Manual Install.  

Finally! And yes, so far, it has been worth the wait.  Glad I can include Obligation, Morality and Duty on a single character if I so choose.  Glad I can do things in the background with the GM Tools and add them to the characters.  Sad that the Action VI Bulk Transport wasn't in the list, but I'll make do until it is... odd choice for my fledgling jedi, but there are reasons...

Photos looking great just had to remember how I created some of the characters (for racial skills and career / specialization skills) but yeah... I think this program alone was worth making it work on a Mac.  Haven't tried to export or print anything yet, but looking forward to being able to test that this weekend.

May still get frustrated again with Windows on my Mac, but so far it seems to handle the Apple hardware better than Windows 7 did.  This way I get to keep my portability and am not tempted to go back to MMORPGs from the laptop.