Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Heirs to the Legacy [Force and Destiny] OOC

Just for clarity...

Bold with Black color will be my default "Speaking" text.

Bold with Blue color will be my default "Transmission" text. (Speaking through technology)

Italics will by my default "Inner Monologue/Thinking" text. (So, unless you read minds, don't respond to that....)

If you have a better or uniformed system, let me know. 

Edited by ApocalypseZero

Just for clarity...

Bold with Black color will be my default "Speaking" text.

Bold with Blue color will be my default "Transmission" text. (Speaking through technology)

Italics will by my default "Inner Monologue/Thinking" text. (So, unless you read minds, don't respond to that....)

If you have a better or uniformed system, let me know. 

Blue or Red is a great color for player OOC speech. In any case, I would recommend using the same color for IC speech of any kind, be it widely audible or otherwise. 

<I would recommend denoting "Transmission" text like this. It'll also work for other forms of inaudible communication like with sign language or pheromones, or the sort which is not widely understood, like a Wookiee speaking Shyriwook.> 

"Speech can be accomplished with bold & normal quotation marks."

'The single types of quotation marks work if you're a Gank with a British accent.' 

I will be using Red (often Bolded) to denote OOC speech.

I'll be using Purple to denote rules effects, combat positioning, and such.

I reserve the right to be loose in my distinguishing between the two ;) Hope these work for you guys...I want to make sure you can read what I write!

Okay, that's fair.

1. Let's standardize the OOC speech: when you're speaking Out of Character in the IC thread, please use Red or Bold Red.

2. I also realize I have complicated things with the whole "transmission" thing: 

Please reserve <Speech in these brackets> for transmissions that are inaudible (like from an enclosed helmet comlink or a subcutaneous comlink, or some type of sign language/blink code) or speech that is widely incomprehensible (e.g. not Huttese, Boche, or galactic Basic; thinking languages like Jawese or Shyriwook). It shouldn't be used for just any comlink transmission. You can simply narrate that you're speaking into a comlink for that.

3. If we follow these conventions, each PC using different colors to denote their IC speech should be fine, and actually welcome, since it'll be more readily identifiable as a unique voice.

Thanks! Let me know if this works for you all.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Two things of note: 

1.) I am going to be gone starting this Saturday and for the whole week after. (Wedding is Sunday).

2.) If people don't start learning reading comprehension on a rules post I'm discussing, I might get banned for finally snapping at people who want to be ass hats. 

So, just to explain any disappearances from me.

I'll summarize it here (and please do check if I understood correctly)

Red fonts: OOC speech (rules, GM questions, etc).

Purple fonts: I have no feckin idea.

Green fonts: Kell's in-character speech and descriptions.

_____ fonts: H4L's in-character speech and descriptions.

Black fonts: Marsten's in-character speech and descriptions.

Orange fonts: Tahiri's in-character speech and descriptions.

Brown fonts: Dev'rios's in-character speech and descriptions.

Blue fonts: Lavin's in-character speech and descriptions.

Be choosing your colours, I'll use whatever's left.

Edited by Jereru

Bold Black....had it first. :D

I don't mind if everyone uses Bold Black.....if we quote others in our post, then make THAT a different color, since it shouldn't happen often.

And it looks like I won't have to verbally destroy people and possibly get banned for it. Found an official answer supporting my stance. :D So, I'll only be gone due to Wedding/Honeymoon.

Edited by ApocalypseZero

Quoting each other (using the forum's Quote function) is probably the best way to insert others' speech into your own posts.

My aim is to use purple to communicate actual mechanical information, especially when red gets too cluttered looking. I have a system :)

My narration (in regular black text) is purely past-tense. I hope that the differentiation of colors, tenses, and paragraph separation are enough to be clear in my posts. 

Let me know if things get confusing! I'm sure we'll hit a stride; things are bound to be awkward in the first several posts.

Edited by awayputurwpn

We'll use red and our own, and leave purple to you, then.

Guys, pick your colours or I'm gonna pick mine! Wanna edit old posts and start using it ASAP.

You don't have to edit your previous posts, unless it bugs you :) I'm good either way. Just wanna make our paths easy going forward!

it bugs you

This.

I can empathize :)

Also, as a side note, I'd only do your character's speech/thought in your chosen color, and do descriptions in standard black.

This. The different colors are a way to easily differentiate between narration, character speech, and Out-Of-Character chatter/clarifications (when you feel it's appropriate to include them in your IC posts instead of here on the OOC thread). 

I have 2 upgrades in some of my powers and found no problem, though the PC was made about 2 weeks ago.

What I wasn't able to find is the Morality box, which shows there empty but dissapears when you try yto edit. But anyway.