Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Heirs to the Legacy [Force and Destiny] OOC

Means that the base cost of any force powers is 5XP less. :) So, (off the top of my head) Enhance (Basic) is 5XP instead of 10XP.

That's what I meant, specifically I was asking for GM approval to apply the mentor bonus to Knigh Level xp ;)

You may apply the mentor bonus to your purchase with Knight Level XP. I believe that is more than fair. The cost of Basic Force Power is reduced by 5 XP.

Also, with Jon dropping, is it too late to swap around a bit? If changed Career to Warrior could pick up Shi-Cho and keep both my specs in Career. I avoided that before with Jon to prevent stepping on his toes, but if he's dropped......  :)

That would leave a big hole in the Presence department, especially where Charm is concerned. I guess what needs to be answered first is, how would you feel about playing with such a charmless bunch of individuals?

:unsure:

It's up to you guys. Dev'rios is pretty much the group's saving grace when it comes to social skills.

I was thinking of working some fugitive Mon Cals into Kell's backstory, as Glee Anselm is an ocean world and it would give him solid ties to the resistance.

Sounds awesome! I'll let you fill in whatever details you think are appropriate about the state (or fate) of Mon Cala and its inhabitants. As sparse as you like. 

It's up to you guys. Dev'rios is pretty much the group's saving grace when it comes to social skills.

Ok, the thing is: Does anyone want to be the face of the group?

I already said I'd like not to be, as I always am in my usual group. Also, because I am non-native speaker.

That said, if really no one else wants, I don't mind putting a point or two in Presence, Charm and the like, but just as back-up. Don't expect me to do the big talking, really.

One of the things that I'm big on is that you are not your character. We're playing Jedi and Smugglers, flying spaceships around for crying out loud. You yourself can't breathe underwater, but you can RP a character who can. Why then would I require you to be just as charming and silver-tongued as your heroic character? 

As in all things RP, the point is to have fun by being awesome (or sometimes by failing awesomely!)...just describe what you're doing and roll the dice :)

Ok, the thing is: Does anyone want to be the face of the group?

I already said I'd like not to be, as I always am in my usual group. Also, because I am non-native speaker.

That said, if really no one else wants, I don't mind putting a point or two in Presence, Charm and the like, but just as back-up. Don't expect me to do the big talking, really.

I could be persuaded to restat some talents to push hard for Dedication. It would give me Improved Reflect but sacrifice some levels of Parry for now. The other option is to drop my Agility or Brawn to a 2 but I'm not sure I want to do that for now. If I drop my agility I will be less formidable at stealth and ranged attacks. If we avoid some space battle initially I could way for a little exp to get dedication later. I will think about it and possibly respec in the morning. You interested in following my guys quest to destroy Emperor Palpatine's famed legacy?

Anybody have objections to a Mon Cal as our mentor? I think we've got space stuff covered with Kell's 5 Agility and I think somebody went starfighter ace (unless that was Jon)

Edited by BigSpoon

Away, so as to avoid creating a Dramatis Personae thread, could you edit the first post on this thread to add something like this?

ApocalypseZero - Marsten, Gank Gunslinger

Crazy Aido - H4L, Droid Heavy/Demolitionist 

Big Spoon - Kell Okina, Nautolan Ataru Striker

TCArknight - Dev'rios Chol, Human Makashi Duelist/Starfighter Ace

OtterJethro - Tahiri, Human Soresu Defender

Jereru - Lavin Compae, Human Niman Disciple/Seer

To have a quick reference.

Mon Calamari is fine, only that I'll be constantly wanting a calamari sandwich :P

Tahiri, you just keep your PC as it is. If I am not to be corrected, we've got Mechanics and Computer covered, two of you having above average INT. We've got a pilot and a gunner, which is also fine. Only thing we haven't got is a healer, but stimpacks do fine. I'll do some small changes (just enough to be able to order at McD's) and we're done with it. Let's start playing ASAP! I'm thrilled! :)

In the end, this is PbP, I hope I don't need to roleplay whole conversations :P And also, I think I am the one who will most benefit from a higher Presence.

Edit: Changes done.

This :P

Edited by Jereru

Away, so as to avoid creating a Dramatis Personae thread, could you edit the first post on this thread to add something like this?

ApocalypseZero - Marsten, Gank Gunslinger[/size]

Crazy Aido - H4L, Droid Heavy/Demolitionist [/size]

Big Spoon - Kell Okina, Nautolan Ataru Striker[/size]

TCArknight - Dev'rios Chol, Human Makashi Duelist/Starfighter Ace[/size]

OtterJethro - Tahiri, Human Soresu Defender[/size]

Jereru - Lavin Compae, Human Niman Disciple/Seer[/size]

To have a quick reference.[/size]

Mon Calamari is fine, only that I'll be constantly wanting a calamari sandwich :P[/size]

Tahiri, you just keep your PC as it is. If I am not to be corrected, we've got Mechanics and Computer covered, two of you having above average INT. We've got a pilot and a gunner, which is also fine. Only thing we haven't got is a healer, but stimpacks do fine. I'll do some small changes (just enough to be able to order at McD's) and we're done with it. Let's start playing ASAP! I'm thrilled! :)[/size]

In the end, this is PbP, I hope I don't need to roleplay whole conversations :P And also, I think I am the one who will most benefit from a higher Presence.[/size]

Edit: Changes done.[/size]

This :P[/size]

I put one point in medicine, picked up emergency medpac and have the heal force power but no upgrades on it yet. I'm not a great healer but I have some healing abilities.

I put one point in medicine, picked up emergency medpac and have the heal force power but no upgrades on it yet. I'm not a great healer but I have some healing abilities.

That's what I love about the Heal force power.

ApocalypseZero - Marsten, Gank Gunslinger

Crazy Aido - H4L, Droid Heavy/Demolitionist 

Big Spoon - Kell Okina, Nautolan Ataru Striker

TCArknight - Dev'rios Chol, Human Makashi Duelist/Starfighter Ace

OtterJethro - Tahiri, Human Soresu Defender

Jereru - Lavin Compae, Human Niman Disciple/Seer

To have a quick reference.

Mon Calamari is fine, only that I'll be constantly wanting a calamari sandwich :P

Tahiri, you just keep your PC as it is. If I am not to be corrected, we've got Mechanics and Computer covered, two of you having above average INT. We've got a pilot and a gunner, which is also fine. Only thing we haven't got is a healer, but stimpacks do fine. I'll do some small changes (just enough to be able to order at McD's) and we're done with it. Let's start playing ASAP! I'm thrilled! :)

In the end, this is PbP, I hope I don't need to roleplay whole conversations :P And also, I think I am the one who will most benefit from a higher Presence.

Edit: Changes done.

This :P

Crazy helpful suggestion, thank you.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Okay...so is everyone almost ready? I am working on the mentor right now, and gonna get the crawl done tonight. 

Please make sure your Character Sheets are all ready to go! Looks like we are still missing some Backgrounds, Motivations, Moralities, and Duties. Everything should be written down on your character sheet. 

Your starting values for Duty and Obligation are 20 (since there are no more than 2 PCs with each resource). 

If we can get all this info locked down, we could start this weekend! 

First, I'll just add 5 to my Betrayal (so a total of 15) for the bump in Obligation.

Second, Martsen will gladly be the party face. Now, I'm not changing any points or anything, but I'll be the face. :D

Lastly, I'll get my updated character set up shortly.

Kell could start multiclassing to Face once we start getting some xp if you all want. If we're starting this weekend, I won't complicate my background by re-writing the Mon Cals into it. Also with the xp I saved from the Mentor bonus, bought a rank of Vigilance and Perception.

Edited by BigSpoon

Okay...so is everyone almost ready? I am working on the mentor right now, and gonna get the crawl done tonight. 

Please make sure your Character Sheets are all ready to go! Looks like we are still missing some Backgrounds, Motivations, Moralities, and Duties. Everything should be written down on your character sheet. 

Your starting values for Duty and Obligation are 20 (since there are no more than 2 PCs with each resource). 

If we can get all this info locked down, we could start this weekend!

I'm ready. I didn't account for the mentor bonus when creating my character so I have 5 xp left over. I'm trying to decide how to use it. I'm thinking of picking up a force power but which was is still being debated. A few of them I have very little experience with so I'm open to suggestion and feedback.

Enhance, Foresee and Sense are good powers for everyone.

If you plan on using a lot of Improved Reflect/Parry, Misdirection could be a nice idea also.

Basic Move will come superhandful if you lose your saber (a classic from the movies).

The first Control upgrade of Seek is also very nice.

Or you could spend it elsewhere or just keep it unspent.

Also noticed, you don't have Discipline & Knowledge(Lore) marked as Career skills, which you should (so maybe you have even more extra xp, idk).

Enhance, Foresee and Sense are good powers for everyone.

If you plan on using a lot of Improved Reflect/Parry, Misdirection could be a nice idea also.

Basic Move will come superhandful if you lose your saber (a classic from the movies).

The first Control upgrade of Seek is also very nice.

Or you could spend it elsewhere or just keep it unspent.

Also noticed, you don't have Discipline & Knowledge(Lore) marked as Career skills, which you should (so maybe you have even more extra xp, idk).

If it is okay with our GM, I would like to keep it unspent for now. I anticipate I would like to spec to the advertised Armorer class for the new Keeping the Peace book.

Things for me will definitely be slow this week, not sure how much opportunity will have to post. My wife is having surgery Wednesday, and tuesday will be all tied up with everything getting ready for that. After surgery, it's going to depend on how she's recovering, etc as to how much free time I have to post....