Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Heirs to the Legacy [Force and Destiny] OOC

If anyone is using Oggdude's Character Generator, I can create PDFs of your character sheet. If you want to store your characters online, just use my google drive (link on page 1). If you want to just put your Exported Character File in there, I can create the PDF for you if you wish. 

Away, if you like that option for all the games, I can accommodate as well.

(Side note: Weekends can be hit of miss for me. Sometimes I'm around the computer, other times I'm not anywhere close. Also, the week starting Sept. 20, I'll be gone. (Wedding plus Honeymoon) And since the Honeymoon is a road trip, I'll likely not have a bunch of time to get to a computer, if I even take it). Always have phone though...... :D  )

I don't mind so much. I really like swsheets for accessibility, but I don't know how easy it is to use (never used it personally).

I so know OggDude's generator is super handy, has a way to track encumbrance, XP, credits, whatnot, and automatically calculate dice pools including Force dice, Boosts, and Setback removals :) I've always used a print-to-PDF function and then shared it via Google Drive or Dropbox. As long as I can have a link to click to access a character sheet, I'm happy ;)

As an aside, If you post on your honeymoon, it better be either because your spouse is on the toilet, or because you're posting together! Just sayin...

Thanks for the heads up though! 

As it happens, I myself will be away for at least a short weekend starting on Sept 11. Should be back the 13th.

Congratz m8!!

Away, you're the one who'll be managing all the info, so you just choose a format and we'll all convert our PCs to it. The most important, though, is to have it finished and fleshed out.

I myself am not a fan of giving too much background at the beginning, just a quick brush as I did and then develop some things ingame.

About being off, yes, I'll be visiting Bristol on the same weekend that Away is off too.

Really, as long as it's easy for you to update to update and easy for me to access, whatever format you use will be fine. 

That said, if you're looking for direction, I'd suggest swsheets, simply because that's what the majority of my players are already using (and it's clean and easy to read!). 

So how close are we to being ready to start?

I believe we are waiting on completed character sheets from Crazy Aido, BigSpoon, and TCArknight...the stats look like they're there, just need something in terms of background and motivations. 

If you need help, just answer these three questions (ala GM Chris from d20radio):

1. What do you most love? (person, place, thing—"adventure," "credits," and "the thrill of battle" are no good)

2. What do you hate more than anything? (the more specific the better..."war," "famine," and "poverty" are no good as generalities; they must be tied to something concrete)

3. Why are you here? (as in, what force has driven you to hook up with these...ahem...fine sentients? Is it a matter of Duty or Obligation, or more of a Motivation?)

Edited by awayputurwpn

Sorry to intrude, but just a heads up to OtterJethro.

It seems you have 110 starting XP (for being human) and 150 extra XP (from Knight Level Play). If that is correct, you cannot raise four of your Characteristics to 3, as that would require 30 x 4 = 120 XP (only starting XP can be used in this way; Knight Level XP cannot be spent on raising Characteristics).

You could do so if you chose the +10 XP option from Morality though (that would mean no extra credits from Morality however).

Edited by FCastor

Sorry to intrude, but just a heads up to OtterJethro.

It seems you have 110 starting XP (for being human) and 150 extra XP (from Knight Level Play). If that is correct, you cannot raise four of your Characteristics to 3, as that would require 30 x 4 = 120 XP (only starting XP can be used in this way; Knight Level XP cannot be spent on raising Characteristics).

You could do so if you chose the +10 XP option from Morality though (that would mean no extra credits from Morality however).

I took the extra ten xp from morality for my character.

Welcome Otterjethro......so who did you replace? Last I seen....

ApocalypseZero - Gank Gunslinger

Crazy Aido - Droid Heavy/Demolitionist

TCArknight - Human Makashi Duelist/Starfighter Ace

BigSpoon - Nautolan Ataru Striker

Jereru - Human Niman Disciple/Seer

Otterjethro - Human Soresu Defender

(Edited)

Edited by ApocalypseZero

Jon D dropped out. I thought I had told everyone! But now I can't find that piece of communication. Very odd.

It's ok, we believe you. You can rest your hand now, no need to keep this "grip posture" with your fingers. Go have some rest, just remember to note down any conflict you gained on your sheet, will you?

Edit: Vive La Resistance!

Edited by Jereru

I have a few universe related questions: What is the status of Dac/Mon Cala and the Mon Calamarian people? The group we are a part of, is it a Resistance movement, or full on Rebellion i.e. Rebels vs A New Hope?

And then final one, did we decide on a mentor?

What is the status of Dac/Mon Cala and the Mon Calamarian people?

Interesting question. Did you have something in mind? 

The group we are a part of, is it a Resistance movement, or full on Rebellion i.e. Rebels vs A New Hope?

What the Resistance is, at this point, is a matter that isn't necessarily all too clear to all PCs. Are you going to be spending any of your Duty to begin with? Or keeping it at 20?

And then final one, did we decide on a mentor?

Sounds like it! Any preferences as to species, personality, etc?

Means that the base cost of any force powers is 5XP less. :) So, (off the top of my head) Enhance (Basic) is 5XP instead of 10XP.

Also, with Jon dropping, is it too late to swap around a bit? If changed Career to Warrior could pick up Shi-Cho and keep both my specs in Career. I avoided that before with Jon to prevent stepping on his toes, but if he's dropped...... :)