Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Heirs to the Legacy [Force and Destiny] OOC

So talking about the group resource now that we're getting fleshed out, I think the starship is probably our most efficient choice seeing as we have non force sensitives, though a Mentor or Holocron would be interesting role play wise, it somewhat marginalizes our non FS'ers. If we do decide on the starship option, does it have to be the G9-Rigger?

Still missing three character write ups, but let's talk Resource.....

Holocron

Location (Homestead/Business/Base)

Mentor

Starship

Holocron seems the most focused, which leaves out 2 characters. This one has a potential, but only if it is something done right. I think Base would be the worst, as why would any military let two non-military on or even know of its existence. Mentor is nice, but it limits just one player (as I do plan to make my Gank a Force Sensitive Emergent later in life). Starship is the only thing that works for all without any real trouble. Well, the only question would be, what type of ship? (HWK-290?)

Idk, I don't have good memory for ships and really, going through aaaaaaaaaall the books reviewing all ships published seems like a titanic task to me.

HWK-290 seems fine, though it's beyond the 60k creds limit set by RAW. Of course, the GM has last word on that ;)

I don't mind if you want to go with Mentor. It might be nice if I could get something shiny instead, but I'm not overly pushed. Whatever the group feels best about.

In terms of write ups, are you talking completed char sheets or just background? I haven't either, but I should have it done over the weekend.

So talking about the group resource now that we're getting fleshed out, I think the starship is probably our most efficient choice seeing as we have non force sensitives, though a Mentor or Holocron would be interesting role play wise, it somewhat marginalizes our non FS'ers. If we do decide on the starship option, does it have to be the G9-Rigger?

Idk, I don't have good memory for ships and really, going through aaaaaaaaaall the books reviewing all ships published seems like a titanic task to me.

HWK-290 seems fine, though it's beyond the 60k creds limit set by RAW. Of course, the GM has last word on that ;)

It's changed from the beta: G-9 Rigger isn't your only option, and the limit is actually 70,000 credits value. 

Feel free to peruse and make suggestions... http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/starships/has some ships listed right there :) Not all, but a good selection at least. Organizable and flattenable. 

But yes, let's hold off on actually selecting resources until we have everyone's characters more or less ready to go. 

In terms of write ups, are you talking completed char sheets or just background? I haven't either, but I should have it done over the weekend.

Completed sheets. I especially need to know Obligation, Duty, and Morality specifics. 

Name: H4L "9000" ( Number designation applied from unknown source, possibly unit applied individually)
Species: Battle Droid
Origin: Composite of Several Destroyed Units
Obligation: Criminal 5/Debt 5

Morality: 50 (Independence/Greed)
Career: Hired Gun
Specs: Heavy/Demolitionist

Wounds: 17
Strain: 13
Soak: 5
Defense (D/M/R): 0/0/0

Brawn: 3 Agility: 3  Intellect:Cunning: 1 Willpower:Presence: 1 (170 XP spent)

Skills (80xp spent)

Athletics:1

Brawl:1

Discipline:1

Ranged (Light):2(10xp)

Resilience:1

Vigilance:1

Gunnery:1

Ranged (Heavy):3(25xp)

Resilience:2

Computers:2(15xp)

Mechanics:3(30xp)

Talents(Heavy/Demolitionist) (70 Spent)

Burly(5xp)

Barrage(5xp)

Brace(10xp)

Burly(15xp)

Toughened(5xp)

Grit(5xp)

Powerful Blast(5xp)

Toughened(10xp)

Enduring(15xp)

Gear

Heavy Blaster(8) 1900

Missle Pod Attachment(-) 3000

Shock Gloves(0) 300

Laminate Armour(4) 2500

ComLink Attachment 200

Scanner Attachment 1000

Detonite Explosives(8)(x6)300

Concussion Grenade(4)(x4)400

Plasma Missles(x2)320

Concussion Missle 200

Repair Patch(x5) 125

Tool kit(4) 350

Scanner Goggles1) 150

Military Pack:60

Utility Belt:25

Remaining: 1170

Suggestions? I need to flesh out the obligation, but otherwise I think he's ready to go.

Edited by Crazy Aido

Name: H4L "9000" ( Number designation applied from unknown source, possibly unit applied individually)

Species: Battle Droid

Origin: Composite of Several Destroyed Units

Obligation: Criminal 5/Debt 5

Morality: 50 (Independence/Greed)

Career: Hired Gun

Specs: Heavy/Demolitionist

Wounds: 17

Strain: 13

Soak: 5

Defense (D/M/R): 0/0/0

Brawn: 3 Agility: 3  Intellect:Cunning: 1 Willpower:Presence: 1 (170 XP spent)

Skills (80xp spent)

Athletics:1

Brawl:1

Discipline:1

Ranged (Light):2(10xp)

Resilience:1

Vigilance:1

Gunnery:1

Ranged (Heavy):3(25xp)

Resilience:2

Computers:2(15xp)

Mechanics:3(30xp)

Talents(Heavy/Demolitionist) (70 Spent)

Burly(5xp)

Barrage(5xp)

Brace(10xp)

Burly(15xp)

Toughened(5xp)

Grit(5xp)

Powerful Blast(5xp)

Toughened(10xp)

Enduring(15xp)

Gear

Heavy Blaster 1900

Missle Pod Attachment 3000

Shock Gloves 300

Laminate Armour 2500

ComLink Attachment 200

Scanner Attachment 1000

Detonite Explosives(x6)300

Concussion Grenade(x4)400

Plasma Missles(x2)320

Concussion Missle 200

Repair Patch(x5) 125

Tool kit 350

Scanner Goggles 150

Total spent:10545

Remaining: 1465

Suggestions? I need to flesh out the obligation, but otherwise I think he's ready to go.

A couple things: I'm showing 1,255 credits remaining (after taking +10 Obligation for +2,500 credits). Did you miss 210 credits somewhere along the way?

Also, you are massively over-encumbered, even with your Burly talents. I think you'd be suffering something like a dozen Setback dice to all Brawn & Agility rolls...essentially making movement impossible. 

Also, there are a few Restricted and high-rarity items there (looking at those missiles!). 

Please revise for your encumbrance, and then we can discuss any Restricted or high-rarity items you'd like to obtain! 

Love the idea though, Morality for a droid is interesting and it looks like it'll be a fun character to play.

Well, I wasn't planning on carrying all of that stuff with me all at the same time. I was hoping to pick and choose a good bit of it and thenleave the rest in a (fairly secure) location. I am open to discussion on the restricted stuff though. I can see how that can be a bit of a sensitive topic. Also, yes, you are more than likely right about remaining funds because my maths are shiiiiiiiiiit.

Well, I wasn't planning on carrying all of that stuff with me all at the same time. I was hoping to pick and choose a good bit of it and thenleave the rest in a (fairly secure) location.

Your blaster rifle alone puts you at your encumbrance threshold (even with 2 ranks in Burly) due to the very heavy attachment. Perhaps some integrated storage space (a backpack or something better, flavored as internal storage or reinforced load-bearing frame) is in order?

That's pretty much what I meant about revising. Your gun is *heavy.*

Between Holo and Mentor, my vote goes to Mentor.

Edit: Although the mechanic benefit could be easily interchangeable - a holocron is really a teacher in a Hoi-Poi capsule :P

Edited by Jereru

If anyone is using Oggdude's Character Generator, I can create PDFs of your character sheet. If you want to store your characters online, just use my google drive (link on page 1). If you want to just put your Exported Character File in there, I can create the PDF for you if you wish. 

Away, if you like that option for all the games, I can accommodate as well.

(Side note: Weekends can be hit of miss for me. Sometimes I'm around the computer, other times I'm not anywhere close. Also, the week starting Sept. 20, I'll be gone. (Wedding plus Honeymoon) And since the Honeymoon is a road trip, I'll likely not have a bunch of time to get to a computer, if I even take it). Always have phone though...... :D  )

Edited by ApocalypseZero