Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Heirs to the Legacy [Force and Destiny] OOC

The Wookiee captain has said, in effect, "Greetings! Please kindly speak your ID code or be blasted from the sky." 

...oh. Just to clarify, is this the warship that has followed us or the Resistance? I'm pretty sure that it's the warship, but just wondering...

This is the ship you're supposed to be rendezvousing with. Go ahead and make up a code...it can be an alphanumeric cipher, a secret passphrase, whatever you like :) Just giving y'all a little story-writing power.

The Wookiee captain has said, in effect, "Greetings! Please kindly speak your ID code or be blasted from the sky." 

...oh. Just to clarify, is this the warship that has followed us or the Resistance? I'm pretty sure that it's the warship, but just wondering...

This is the ship you're supposed to be rendezvousing with. Go ahead and make up a code...it can be an alphanumeric cipher, a secret passphrase, whatever you like :) Just giving y'all a little story-writing power.

Ah, I see! Well, personally I'm not sure what the passphrase or code should be. Maybe, "We are flying for STAR TOURS." ...I don't know.

Edited by maverikid

Ah, I see! Well, personally I'm not sure what the passphrase or code should be. Maybe, "We are flying for STAR TOURS." ...I don't know.

It's ok, our fearful pseudo-leader was able to remember the code clearance.

Han Solo? Who the f@*k is Han Solo?

A jerk who lived 300 years ago? Was he famous? What did he do, got married to a princess, or something? 

Good point, I guess he would be pretty much ancient by this time. I'm pretty sure you're joking though.

Gael would probably be all like, "You haven't heard of Captain Solo. Heck yeah he was famous! Not only did he court a princess, but he fought against the Empire and helped destroy the first Death Star, ya big doofus" or something like that.

Oh yeah Away, I heard you did this contest a while back about trying to recreate characters with the Force and Destiny system. Well, here's my super late entry: http://swsheets.com/c/pbwyors2z-luke-skywalker-

Yeah, of course I'm joking, that's why I put this in the OOC thread. Honestly, idk if Solo is known in Away's Universe; on one hand, The Order has had time to do a pretty good brainwash on the population (it's actually Palpatine who's regarded as a hero), but on the other, some small sects might have been carrying the ancient knowledge of what had really happened... or what they think it had really happened.

I've never been very good at identifying jokes, especially when the person I am talking to could be on the other side of the globe (not saying that you are). But yeah, I can see why that would be a problem. I just thought that maybe the Resistance is a newer and weaker version of the original Rebellion. If that were the case, then it might make sense that there are many stories that dictate the true heroes of the Galaxy.

Edited by maverikid

The Galactic Civil War is considered to be just this side of "recent history," but there is an incredible amount of misinformation fed into the legend. This is simply how legends are; they grow and change, take on a life of their own. 

The history of this universe is, essentially, canon up until the point where Luke Skywalker killed Darth Vader and took his place at the Emperor's side. Han Solo, Leia Organa, and their strike team met an untimely end when the Emperor destroyed the forest moon. Whether your characters are aware of these specific facts is largely up to you! Feel free to get creative with random false details.

So we've got a group of 4 npc's to brainstorm, a male Sullustan, Female Wookie and then two humanoids (Whom I'm assuming we can choose race and gender). I'm thinking maybe Human and Twi'lek for the other two.

So we've got a group of 4 npc's to brainstorm, a male Sullustan, Female Wookie and then two humanoids (Whom I'm assuming we can choose race and gender). I'm thinking maybe Human and Twi'lek for the other two.

Sure thing. Visually, I left the two humanoids as ambiguous as possible, and vaguely androgynous, with lots of wrappings and cybernetics thrown in there. So they are pretty much free game. The one thing I would suggest is to make them distinct somehow (e.g. one is large, and the other is short and scrawny).  

For future reference, were you to go on any missions that required more firepower, these folks would be be members of your squad. As such, they are minions. So you can be as descriptive (or ambiguous) as you like.  

Sure thing. Visually, I left the two humanoids as ambiguous as possible, and vaguely androgynous, with lots of wrappings and cybernetics thrown in there. So they are pretty much free game. The one thing I would suggest is to make them distinct somehow (e.g. one is large, and the other is short and scrawny).  

For future reference, were you to go on any missions that required more firepower, these folks would be be members of your squad. As such, they are minions. So you can be as descriptive (or ambiguous) as you like.

But to which one is Kell married? That is the most important question!

Oh yeah Away, I heard you did this contest a while back about trying to recreate characters with the Force and Destiny system. Well, here's my super late entry: http://swsheets.com/c/pbwyors2z-luke-skywalker-

Ha ha, very nice. I really like the Sarlacc Sweep; we saw him doing some of that on Jabba's sail barge, did we not? 

The thing that would make the entry inadmissible as-is in that contest you mentioned, though, is the "gift" of Force Rating 3, which is non-RAW :) So if you wanted that FR 3 you'd have to obtain it by other means. I'd suggest Force Sensitive Emergent and Starfighter Ace, since those seem the most Luke-ish to me. But the "son of the chosen one" is an understandable house rule.

Personally, I would only take issue with the Mark V cybernetic hand—in my games, the more powerful cybernetics (pretty much anything besides repli-limbs & other basic prostheses) are "obvious cybernetics"—but all in all it looks like a cool build! This Luke has got some oomph. 

Thanks for what you said about my version of Luke Skywalker! Honestly, that FR 3 was one of the reasons why I wouldn't have made this an official admission, plus I wanted to keep his Total Xp at a reasonable amount. If I was actually going to make this a full admission, then I would add more Xp and give him those talent trees.

Not a terrible idea, juicy juicy conflict especially if we're taking them into battle with us :P

Not a terrible idea, juicy juicy conflict especially if we're taking them into battle with us :P

Oh great! Does that mean I don't have to be the only character bathing himself in Conflict?

I didn't think Kell was focusing on Piloting. Also, if we need a 'Dedicated Pilot", it makes sense for them to be an NPC so all the players can be utilized without worrying about the ship.

Of course, should someone want to play a Pilot, they could easily have their own "fun" in the ship while others are seeing their "fun" on the ground.

"fun" being a relative term from "Yay, completing goals!" to "Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die!". :D

I didn't think Kell was focusing on Piloting. Also, if we need a 'Dedicated Pilot", it makes sense for them to be an NPC so all the players can be utilized without worrying about the ship.

Of course, should someone want to play a Pilot, they could easily have their own "fun" in the ship while others are seeing their "fun" on the ground.

"fun" being a relative term from "Yay, completing goals!" to "Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die!". :D

But we're all gonna die!

Basically it comes down to whether or not Away wants to do Starship stuff, or just use it as a device to move us around the galaxy. Myself, I'm a fan of starship combat/chase/escapes/whatnot, so I'd be more than happy taking a spec like Pilot or even Squadron Leader.

But we're all gonna die!

Good. Gooooood. Accept your fate. Embrace the inevitability of your demise. 

It makes eating bacon so much easier.