Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Heirs to the Legacy [Force and Destiny] OOC

Hey, I'm happy to see that this thread still lives. I hope we can continue soon, but for now I wanted to share with everyone something I found on youtube. It's a Star Wars fan film, and I know what you're thinking. "Oh, not another one!" However, this one is actually pretty good. Some of the actors and microphones are a little off, but the portrayal of Revan is SPOT ON! Now, really I'm not a huge Revan fan, but this is how I imagine Revan. So, Away, if you're reading this keep this in mind, I guess. 

Edited by maverikid

Hey, I'm happy to see that this thread still lives. I hope we can continue soon, but for now I wanted to share with everyone something I found on youtube. It's a Star Wars fan film, and I know what you're thinking. "Oh, not another one!" However, this one is actually pretty good. Some of the actors and microphones are a little off, but the portrayal of Revan is SPOT ON! Now, really I'm not a huge Revan fan, but this is how I imagine Revan. So, Away, if you're reading this keep this in mind, I guess. 

Fun movie! Revan was indeed perfect. Not too sure about the rest of the cast :) But Revan was great. Cool combat moves, great voicing, nice looking costume. I should have picked up on the identity of the Twi'lek way earlier than I did :)

Fun movie! Revan was indeed perfect. Not too sure about the rest of the cast :) But Revan was great. Cool combat moves, great voicing, nice looking costume. I should have picked up on the identity of the Twi'lek way earlier than I did :)

Yeah, I was stumped on who the Twi'lek was until they started interrogating her for info on Revan. 

So getting back into it, are we all in favor of jumping to hyperspace? I don't think we stand much chance against a warship

You don't want to show off what you can do as our new pilot?

I mean, I'm pretty confident in my abilities, but tractor beams are a thing, Also I have no idea what our ship actually is, so we could be in a flying brick for all we know lol.

Sorry, missed this post somehow. I'll try to remain more vigilant!

I agree, unless it is okay to quietly put a tracking device on the ship.

How would propose putting a tracking device on the ship?

I was thinking we would ask politely... You think that wouldn't work?

Sorry, missed this post somehow. I'll try to remain more vigilant!

I agree, unless it is okay to quietly put a tracking device on the ship.

How would propose putting a tracking device on the ship?

I was thinking we would ask politely... You think that wouldn't work?

It's unlikely, but you can certainly try...

IC, I have given you the option to have your character speak Shyriiwook.* Figure it'd be a good idea to have one PC that can do it. You may talk about it amongst yourselves if you wish, figure out who the best option is/who would have the most reason to know the language. 

*Shyriiwook isn't an actual language, outside of the Star Wars universe. Wookieepedia has several phrases that are "translated" into Shyriiwook, but there's no dictionary or grammatical/lexical rules for the language, so you—yourself, the player—do not have to know anything about the language for your character to speak it. Just wanted to make sure you knew that!

I believe that someone who would need to be able to speak to a lot of foreign people would have good reason to understand such a language. I believe that Lavin, who seems to be the leader of the group at this point, should understand it. I know he already made a post saying he didn't understand, but maybe it was a simple case of not hearing the captain. What do you guys think?

I believe that someone who would need to be able to speak to a lot of foreign people would have good reason to understand such a language. I believe that Lavin, who seems to be the leader of the group at this point, should understand it. I know he already made a post saying he didn't understand, but maybe it was a simple case of not hearing the captain. What do you guys think?

The comment he made about not understanding was out of character, and I was not sure whether Jereru was talking about himself as the player :)

Edited by awayputurwpn

I, Jereru, didn't know about the existance of that language in the SW universe. Of course, I knew that was not a real life language.

Lavin manifested his lack of understanding, but that can be easily edited.

Oh, and I am not the leader of anything. Though I'm flattered that you think so.

I, Jereru, didn't know about the existance of that language in the SW universe. Of course, I knew that was not a real life language.

Oh, and I am not the leader of anything. Though I'm flattered that you think so.

More of a Psuedo-leader. You are kind of a stand in for the position when it comes to working with other people. The rest of us know you can't lead...

More of a Psuedo-leader. You are kind of a stand in for the position when it comes to working with other people. The rest of us know you can't lead...

Very true. So I guess Lavin and Kell could both understand what he's saying?

The Wookiee captain has said, in effect, "Greetings! Please kindly speak your ID code or be blasted from the sky." 

...oh. Just to clarify, is this the warship that has followed us or the Resistance? I'm pretty sure that it's the warship, but just wondering...