Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Heirs to the Legacy [Force and Destiny] OOC

The effect of the Battle Meditation power, using the dark side, is that Kell and Dev'rios have their Willpower reduced by 1. So until the end of the encounter, Kell's Willpower is 2, and Dev'rios' Willpower is 1. 

H4L takes a moment to guess his range correctly, then  hefts a concussion grenade in his hand and then tosses it between the two nearest droids.

"Fire in the hole!!!"

Aim, then throw a grenade at the closer droid, with the intention of catching two in the blast if I can. Spending a destiny point to boost the last of my dice. 

Dice roll to follow, I assume dificulty is as it was before. 

Grenade!: 3eP+1eB+1eC+3eS 1 failure, 5 advantage
p-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngb-s-a.pngc-f-f.pngs--.pngs-f.pngs--.png

Wow, we are just not having any luck... Except, obviously, now I can activate blast, at least. Also, can I activate the concussive effect with hitting? If not, I move away, then boost the next person's roll.

You can hit one of the droids with the Blast 8. Since it's a grenade and you activated Blast, I would also be okay with you either activating the Disorient quality (disorienting both droids [per the Concussion grenade description] for 5 rounds) or the Concussive quality (shellshocking one droid for 2 rounds).

You didn't use Marsten's proffered Boost die, so I'll be assuming that that's the one Kell took on his own combat check. In the future, please make sure to glance up the game thread and make sure you've got all the goodies your fellow PCs are throwing to you. 

Also, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The droids have Adversary 1 and (Melee/Ranged) Defense 2. You only need to add two setbacks to ranged or melee combat checks. The reason Marsten had to add an additional Setback die was per his blaster attachments.  

We've already moved on, so let's not try and fix the roll (especially since I think I'm being generous allowing the Disorient or Concussive quality to activate), but from now on (especially since for the want of a Boost die and too many Setbacks, you could have actually Succeeded) try and take the time to make sure you've got the rolls right! (It's as frustrating for me as it is for you when PCs don't succeed at their tasks! I don't mind answering questions here on the thread or via PM)

Crazy Aido, please let me know whether you'd like to Concuss the one droid or Disorient the both of them.

The effect of the Battle Meditation power, using the dark side, is that Kell and Dev'rios have their Willpower reduced by 1. So until the end of the encounter, Kell's Willpower is 2, and Dev'rios' Willpower is 1. 

Gorramit, I forgot to write down that part on my sheet!

Sorry, guys.

I believe the PC's with turns left are Tahiri and Devrios

I was going to let Devrios go but maybe I should just go ahead and go. I'm going to attack the guy inside with Marsten and myself with both my lightsabers. Can someone help me with the dice pool again. I'm still pretty new to the system and want to go ahead and get it right now.

Excellent move. The attacking, if you're using two lightsabers to attack (initiating two-weapon combat) is going to be Hard, upgraded once, with two setbacks: PZZOkjQ.pngPZZOkjQ.pngvAUuWiq.png4QnFeTq.png4QnFeTq.png. In addition to the dice pool, you'll need two Advantage to activate the second hit.

You can instead attack with just one of your sabers at a reduced difficulty: PZZOkjQ.pngvAUuWiq.png4QnFeTq.png4QnFeTq.png

You do know that you'll need to strike pretty darn hard to damage these guys with a training saber. They are built to resist small arms fire.

(edit: the Challenge die is for the Adversary talent, and the Setback dice are for melee Defense of 2, which is from the shield). 

Edited by awayputurwpn

Nah, you wanna **** it up like I did. I've only been running wfrp3 for like, 4 years now, you think I'd be used to the dice.

I've never played WFRP before, but it looks like a really cool system. Do you think it gives you an easier time understanding the dice mechanics of this game system?

You have it on the sheet already, but in any case:

YYGvsRPPBB   Not including possibilities like aiming, fighting defensively, etc.

Not the best dice pool, really.

Edit: I swear there was another P there... Also I swear there were no answers yesterday... my browser is trolling me?

In any case, come on... you're going to get a cramp :P

Edited by Jereru

Nah, you wanna **** it up like I did. I've only been running wfrp3 for like, 4 years now, you think I'd be used to the dice.

I've never played WFRP before, but it looks like a really cool system. Do you think it gives you an easier time understanding the dice mechanics of this game system?

Sort of?

I'm kinda using your interpretation of successes and boons to help with how I use them in WFRP. It can get a bit hard to calculate what to do with some stats. Three chaos stars in a row can be a tough one.

Defensive Circle is not rolled against anyone, it has its own difficulty. So I would say no, you'd roll:

YYGvsPPP  Plus whatever bonuses you'd get from earlier advantages or anything.

Just remember, if you need to choose, don't pick me (I already have melee/ranged defense 3 this round).

I technically can add another defensive point to someone in short range. Is there anyone outside that is within range for the bonus?

I think all of us outside are at short range, since I employed a maneuver to get to engaged. You should pick H4L, Kell or Dev'rios.

By the way, Tahiri and Marsten (the ones getting the bonus) are precisely the ones not benefitting from it (since they already have melee/ranged defense 1).

Tahiri ignites his lightsaber and raises it up in the air. He sees Marsten's gun rested in the corner of the room after he dropped it. He takes a few steps forward placing himself ahead of the path for Marsten to get to his fallen blaster. "I'll cover you while you get that thing!"

2eP+1eA+3eD: 2 successes
p-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-a.pngd--.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

http://orokos.com/roll/328544

Tahiri and Marsten both have +1 defense

I technically can add another defensive point to someone in short range. Is there anyone outside that is within range for the bonus?

Let me know what you want to do with this. Tahiri and Marsten don't benefit from this activation of Circle of Shelter (neither can Lavin), but Kell, Dev'rios, or H4L can! They are all outside, and you can edit your post to perform a maneuver and get within range of them. Should you do so, you can choose which two get the bonus.