This is a closed PbP Game. The six players are:

ApocalypseZero - Marsten, Gank Gunslinger

Crazy Aido - H4L, Droid Heavy/Demolitionist 

Big Spoon - Kell Okina, Nautolan Ataru Striker

maverikid - Gael Halon, Human Aggressor/Shii-Cho Knight

OtterJethro - Tahiri, Human Soresu Defender

Jereru - Lavin Compae, Human Niman Disciple/Seer

The background:
Centuries after Luke Skywalker killed his own father and joined the Emperor, the Empire has divided and re-solidified into The Order, which controls virtually all of civilized space.

The Hutts have also flourished inordinately; Hutt Space has expanded in all directions as new kajidics are formed and older ones are strengthened. They control the parts of space in which The Order has no interest. 
Force using traditions have been outlawed by the cooperation between the Hutts and The Order, and those who wish to practice any such tradition, or even collect the trappings from them, do so in complete secrecy. Still, there are whispers of a growing resistance by none other than the Jedi Knights, the last of which were slain by Emperor Palpatine, who is remembered as a hero of the people.

Welcome to Heirs to the Legacy! 

To facilitate quick character creation, here are the guidelines:

• This is a Knight Level game. You get +150 XP to spend as if earned during gameplay (so no using it to raise characteristics) and either a basic lightsaber or 9,000 credits with which to buy stuff.
  • Any/all officially published PC options are fair game. This is a Force and Destiny game, but you may start as an Age of Rebellion or Edge of the Empire character. 
  • For AoR flavored PCs, Duty is to the “Resistance.” 
  • Duty/Obligation starting magnitudes are dependant on how many PCs have an Obligation or Duty. 
  • Force Users must have a Morality score, even if they do not choose a Force and Destiny career to begin with. 
  • For purchasing gear in general, let’s soft-cap it at Rarity 6. Anything higher, and anything Restricted, requires GM approval.  
  • The exact focus of the game will depend on you (the players) and your PCs. Are you a group of wandering do-gooders? A band of Force-users and Resistance sympathizers in hiding? Or something else entirely?

Looking forward to seeing your ideas fleshed out. Please post them here when you’re ready for them to be reviewed, and please feel free to discuss the builds and ask any questions that you need answered. 
Edited by awayputurwpn

I was going to take Indepenent and cold for my whole morality thing. Just for the sake of being a cold hard bastard. I don't mind what others want to throw in there.

What's the story with starting credits if I take a light-sabre, can I take starting obligation or any other such muck to increase my starting cash?

Just curious, I thought I seen Vilainn6 bow out which put BigSpoon in this group? Not sure, just checking.

Also, started a private OOC chat which I'll pull over all the pertinent information into this thread.

Lastly, I like to use OggDude's Character Generator, so I'll likely start a Google spot for my character file and a PDF of the character sheet for anyone to click and see (and if I can, set it up for all to do the same as well.)

What's the story with starting credits if I take a light-sabre, can I take starting obligation or any other such muck to increase my starting cash?

Standard 500 credits (you get this always, no matter what, even if you take the 9,000 credit option). The relevant info towards the beginning of Chapter II, and is detailed in step 2: Determine Morality/Obligation/Duty (depending on which CRB you are using!).

You can take Obligation if you wish, or just use your Morality option of increasing your credits by 2,500 (or your XP by 5 & Credits by 1,000). But if you want to take Obligation, the nice thing about it is that it's kinda like a line of credit. You can keep using it to get stuff throughout the campaign, whereas with Morality, you don't really get that option :) 

If you start with Morality, you may add either Obligtion or Duty to your character sheet, but not both. If you aren't a Force user (and hence do not have a Morality score) you can start with both Obligation and Duty, if you wish.

Just curious, I thought I seen Vilainn6 bow out which put BigSpoon in this group? Not sure, just checking.

Also, started a private OOC chat which I'll pull over all the pertinent information into this thread.

Lastly, I like to use OggDude's Character Generator, so I'll likely start a Google spot for my character file and a PDF of the character sheet for anyone to click and see (and if I can, set it up for all to do the same as well.)

You are totally right. Thanks for the reminder. Switching now.

Standard 500 credits (you get this always, no matter what, even if you take the 9,000 credit option). The relevant info towards the beginning of Chapter II, and is detailed in step 2: Determine Morality/Obligation/Duty (depending on which CRB you are using!).

You can take Obligation if you wish, or just use your Morality option of increasing your credits by 2,500 (or your XP by 5 & Credits by 1,000). But if you want to take Obligation, the nice thing about it is that it's kinda like a line of credit. You can keep using it to get stuff throughout the campaign, whereas with Morality, you don't really get that option :)

If you start with Morality, you may add either Obligtion or Duty to your character sheet, but not both. If you aren't a Force user (and hence do not have a Morality score) you can start with both Obligation and Duty, if you wish.

Clever girl...

I've been running enough games to know when to start getting suspicious when your GM starts offering you nice things.

Nice try.

Do you mean we can get Xp and creds from 2 different resources? But I guess there's still a cap of 2500 creds and 10 Xp, right?

Or...

Are you really trying to drag us to the Dark Side even before the beginning of the game?

Do you mean we can get Xp and creds from 2 different resources? But I guess there's still a cap of 2500 creds and 10 Xp, right?

Or...

Are you really trying to drag us to the Dark Side even before the beginning of the game?

No, you can get XP and/or credits (or a change in Morality, if you're a Force user) from one source. Duty, Obligation, OR Morality. If you have any two of those resources, you pick one to receive the benefits from, and the other one can't do anything for you at character creation...it just sits there like a lemon.

Given that we have mostly Force users here, most PCs already start with the obligatory Morality, so they'll only have the option of taking Duty OR Obligation. Obligation is the quick-fix, "I need it now" resource. It's very versatile! But as Crazy Aido alluded to, it ain't free :) Duty gets you nice stuff, but in a more measured way. Morality doesn't really do anything like that for you; you can advance to Paragon status or fall to the dark side, both of which are interesting and give you a +2 to one of your Thresholds, so it's almost like an "always-on" Duty effect. Paragon status can also serve to offset the straining effects of a high Obligation. 

Also, something I failed to mention before, but if you choose Duty, since you're Knight Level, those with Duty will start at Contribution Rank 2.  

Edited by awayputurwpn

(Carried over from private discussions)

I wanted to talk about roles and needs. I'm not sure what the roles and needs are going to be for the group. I know having someone who can Pilot (maybe not dedicated to it, but at least a Proficiency die or two in it) would be great. I think there will be two non-Lightsaber fighters in the group, myself (Gunslinger) and one other. 

I already know that as a Gank, I could be a bit of a difficult character to communicate with. Well, communicate back. I was thinking if it will fly, having my Gank Implant able to speak to the parties Commlinks. Barring that, maybe a Gank Implant on a Throat Vox so that my communications could become vocal. But also contemplating just being silent.....and speaking through gestures and writing. And on that, while I'm building a potent Gunslinger, his focus is on Vigilance, Ranged - Light, and Perception, 3's in Agility, Willpower, and Cunning; I'm looking to play him out in social settings. He's out of his element by just being Gank, so his 'non-business' (i.e. Underworld dealings) will be met with curiosity, wonder, and ineptitude.

The question of Group Resource came up. Mainly, what do we get, or more like what should we get? Mentor seemed a popular choice, but Starship was a second.

Anyone else have their own questions to put forth?

Participants:

ApocalypseZero - Marsten, Gank Gunslinger (Smuggler)

Jereru - Human Marauder/Doctor (Hired Gun) *(possiblE change?)

TCArknight - Human Makashi Duelist/Starfighter Ace (Mystic)

Jon D - Gotal Shadow/Shi-Cho Knight (Sentinel)

Crazy Aldo - Cerean Suresu Defender (Guardian)

BigSpoon - Nautolan Ataru Striker (Seeker)

Edited by ApocalypseZero

So....

2 Humans, 4 Aliens

1-2 Ranged, 4-5 Melee

4 Starting Force Sensitives/Jedi

We lack Technical Skills (Shadow maybe...) and Computer Skills......

I like the idea of the Guardian with the Doctor. 

I can't wait to try to be "Face"-like with a Gank. (and a non-social one at that.) :D

Oh, and got a Google Drive set up for Character files and such. Will get that linked shortly.

Edited by ApocalypseZero

I'll be a Force Wizard prolly with Int 3 and maybe some tech skills or knowledges. I do feel 5 melee out of 6 is a bit... monotone.

I promise I'll post my char asap, but you know... I just downloaded Summerslam...

And if anyone spoils anything... I'll find you somehow...

Edit: Summerslam already watched,  let's go to the character. Where/how do we post it? Should we post it here? 

Edited by Jereru

I already know that as a Gank, I could be a bit of a difficult character to communicate with. Well, communicate back. I was thinking if it will fly, having my Gank Implant able to speak to the parties Commlinks. Barring that, maybe a Gank Implant on a Throat Vox so that my communications could become vocal. But also contemplating just being silent.....and speaking through gestures and writing. And on that, while I'm building a potent Gunslinger, his focus is on Vigilance, Ranged - Light, and Perception, 3's in Agility, Willpower, and Cunning; I'm looking to play him out in social settings. He's out of his element by just being Gank, so his 'non-business' (i.e. Underworld dealings) will be met with curiosity, wonder, and ineptitude.

It's really up to you how much Basic you know, but you aren't limited to only speaking into comlinks. Ganks aren't mute, and most can speak at least a little Basic. They are traditionally fluent in Huttese, as well.

The question of Group Resource came up. Mainly, what do we get, or more like what should we get? Mentor seemed a popular choice, but Starship was a second.

The best resource will likely come to light once the PCs are closer to deployment-readiness, but a mentor could be fun, as could starship.

It's really up to you how much Basic you know, but you aren't limited to only speaking into comlinks. Ganks aren't mute, and most can speak at least a little Basic. They are traditionally fluent in Huttese, as well.

The Gank are a relatively new race to me. I just did a vast internet search, and seems they are still a bit 'open' to what they look like since all tend to be in heavy battle armor or have cybernetics all over the place. But from what I understood, Ganks didn't talk, except to other Ganks, and through cybernetic communication. If you're saying that my Gank has a mouth and can speak normally, then I officially petition for the following image to be my Gank Gunslinger.......

strangerinastrangeland.jpg

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1XOIcCjHHkefmlGN3ZKeUdJLW5pcFFmR3poaEFkMV9WNlpYTC1wWlItckU5R1FUOUFxR2c&usp=sharing

Here's a link to my character sheet and file using OggDude's character generator. If everyone (including the other games too) wants to do this, I'll open up the Google Drive for all to post to. That way it keeps the forums cleaned up and we players can just link the character sheet in our signatures.

My only issue: Weapons, Armor, and Gear. My Pistols are Rarity 8, Armor is Rarity 7, and the Gank Fist and Comm Implant are Rarity 7.

Jereru, as for the look, I think the Stranger in a Strange Land Eddie fits the Gank Gunslinger look. So why not? :D  (and each new cybernetic upgrade can be my excuse to UP THE IRONS!)

Name: Lavin Compae (Lah-VEEN  Comm-PAH-eh)

Species: Human

Origin: Raxus Prime

When he was a kid, there were two Resistance members hiding in Lavin's village next to the ship junkyard. The Order started decimating the villagers until they revealed who the hidden freedom fighters were. After executing them, the officer in command decided to make an example of the village for everyone in the region to see. Luckily, some Resistance commandos arrived, late to save their comrades but in time to save the remaining villagers and recruit them for the cause.

Elderly people like Lavin's parents were relocated as basic workers/supporters in other planets (GM choice). Lavin and some other younglings were accepted as full members and began hard training.

Duty: ?? (Support)

He likes to help his squadron fulfill the goals. He always tries to find out who's the best at a particular task and help him anyway he can, rather than trying to shine himself.

Morality: 50 (Bravery/Anger)

-(Starting Bonus: +10xp)

He'll try hard to engage Order's forces and make an example to show people that there's still hope and try to atract them to the Resistance. Without people's support, the Resistance movement is nonsense, and although he lacks the social knacks of some of his comrades, he tries to show people using facts. Sometimes, though, he gets the reversed results, driving people towards The Order and himself mad.

Career: Consular

Specs: Niman Disciple, Seer (30xp)

At the beginning of his training, Lavin shown an outstanding potential for becoming an expert Niman duelist, and so he was trained as such. However, he has been more interested in sharpening his Force abilities himself, although he accepts every training he gets as useful and recognizes the advantages of weilding a 'saber properly.

Wounds: 12

Strain: 14

Soak: 4

Defense (D/M/R): 0/1/1

Brawn: 2  Agility: 2  Intellect: 3  Cunning: 2  Willpower: 4  Presence: 2 (100xp)

Skills

Computers: 1 (Human Bonus) ■■

Cool: 1 (Career Bonus)

Discipline: 2 (Career+Spec Bonus) ■■■■

Education: 1 (Career Bonus) ■■

Lightsaber: 1 (Spec Bonus)

Lore: 1 (5xp) 

Medicine: 1 (Human Bonus) ■■

Talents (Niman/Seer)

Parry (5xp)

Reflect (5xp)

Uncanny Reactions (5xp)

Keen Eyed (10xp)

Rapid Reaction (10xp)

Sense Danger (15xp)

Force Rating (20xp)

Force Powers*

Move: Basic (10xp)

Move: Range (5xp)

Move: Control (Hurl) (10xp)

Move: Strength (10xp)

Foresee: Basic (10xp)

Foresee: Control (Initiative) (10xp)

Foresee: Control (Defense) (10xp)

Gear

Combat Knife (25creds)

Basic Training Lighstaber (400creds)**

-Curved Hilt (1000creds)

Banal Apparel (25creds)

A/KT Mountaneer Armour (1800creds)

-Superior Quality (5000creds)

Utility Belt (25creds)

Load Bearing Gear (100creds)

Military Belt Pouch (10creds)

Hand-Held Comlink (25creds)

Stimpackx10 (250creds)

Breath Mask (25creds)

Climbing Gear (50creds)

Military Pack (60creds)

Wilderness Survival Kit (350creds)

Scanner Goggles (150creds)

Pocket Money: 202 Creds

Total: 9500 Creds

*Cost may decrease depending on the resource taken by the group (I believe Mentor applies to Knight Level XP).

**Since I have really zero interest in an Illum crystal, I'll stick to a training emitter and try to get the Lorrdian gem ingame.

Next Spec will be either Healer (to raise Medicine) or Artisan (to raise Computers or Mechanic), depending on how the game evolves.

As for Group Resource, I  prefer a Master, though I understand that this might be unfair for non-Force Sensitives, so maybe we should stick to the vessel (since I think only Sensitives can benefit from Holos, am I right?).

Edited by Jereru

Basic Lightsaber comes with an Illum crystal correct? And are we allowed to purchase Mods pre-game (with or without having to roll)?

Name: Kell Okina
Species: Nautolan
Origin: Glee Anselm
Duty: CR 2(?) (Ground Victory)
Morality: 50 (Justic/Cruelty)
-(Starting Bonus: +2500creds)
Career: Seeker
Specs: Ataru Striker

Wounds: 14
Strain: 12
Soak: 5
Defense (D/M/R): 0/0/0

Brawn:Agility: 3 (4)  Intellect:Cunning: 2 Willpower:Presence: 2 (100xp)

Skills
Athletics: 2 (2Y1G)
Coordination: 1 (1Y3G (4G if FD is commited)
Lightsaber: 3 (3Y1G (2G if FD is commited)
Piloting(Space): 1 (1Y3G (4G if FD is commited)
Ranged(Hvy): 1 (1Y3G (4G if FD is commited)
Vigilance: 1 (1Y2G)

Talents
 Parry (5xp)
Jump Up (5xp)
Quick Draw (5xp)
Ataru Technique (10xp)
Reflect(10xp)
Reflect(15xp)
Hawk Bat Swoop (20 xp)
Dedication Agility (25 xp)

Force Powers

Enhance: Basic Power (10 xp)
-Control Upgrades: Coordination, Piloting (Both), Agility (25 xp Total)

Seek: Basic Power (10 xp)

Gear
Basic Lightsaber (Knight Level Grant)
Blaster Rifle (900 Credits)
Laminate Armor (2500 Credits)
Stimpack (25 Credits)
Utility Belt (25 Credits)
Comlink (25 Credits)

Gear purchases are pending the answer of the question at the top of this, Kell is combat heavy, if it requires Agility, I can probably do it. My idea behind my build, was to get to maximum combat efficiency as quickly as possible, setting him up to start branching out after a couple more purchases into the Striker tree (Mostly for Parry). If I stay in career, I will probably go Pathfinder, but I can be flexible as long as the spec fits into his character and party needs.

What I see Kell as: He's an established soldier in the resistance, he's not a leader, he is the Lancer (If you're familiar with tropes).

Edited by BigSpoon

I hope mods are possible. I have twin pistols with the Bantha's Eye, Blaster Actuating Module, and Paired on them....... :D

Name: Marsten
Species: Gank
Origin: Nar Shaddaa
Obligation: Betrayal (10), Bounty (5)  *May change....

Morality: 50 (Independence/Greed)
Career: Smuggler
Specs: Gunslinger

Wounds: 12
Strain: 13
Soak: 3
Defense (D/M/R): 1/1/1

Brawn: 2  Agility: 3  Intellect: 2  Cunning: 3 Willpower: 3  Presence: 1 (90 XP spent)

Skills (35XP spent)
Cool: (1Y)
Perception: (2Y1G) 10XP

Pilot - Space: 1 (1Y2G) 5XP
Streetwise: (1Y2G)
Vigilance: (1Y2G) 

Underworld (Lore): 1 (1Y1G)

Ranged - Light: 2 (2Y1G) 10XP

Brawl: 1 (1Y1G)   10XP

Talents (135XP spent)

Quick Strike (5XP)

Rapid Reaction (5XP)

Quick Draw (5XP)

Quick Draw (Improved) (10XP)

Call 'Em (15XP)

Dodge (15XP)

Sorry About the Mess (15XP)

Guns Blazing (20XP)

Lethal Blows (20XP)

Spitfire (25XP)

Defensive Stance (Repulsor Fist)

Blooded (Cyber-Respirator)

Gear (9275 credits spents)

Gank Repulsor Fist (4750 credits, Free per Species)

Gank Comms Implant (250 credits, Free per Species)

Cyber-Resprator (2000 credits)

Smuggler's Trenchcoat (1650 credits, Rare 7)

Heavy Clothing (50 credits, not intended for armor use but general clothing)

Twin H-7 "Equalizer" Blaster Pistols (2600 credits each, Rare 8)

--Attachments: Paired Weapons, Bantha's Eye Laser Sight, & Blaster Actuating Module (with 1 Pierce mod)

Recon Remote (250 credits)

Datapad (75 credits)

Extra Reloads (2) (25 credits each)

225 credits

Edited by ApocalypseZero

BigSpoon, I think your soak should be 5 (Brawn 3 + Laminated 2).

Yeah I fixed it, stole your format and just forgot to go back up and replace the soak as I was filling it out.

Edited by BigSpoon