Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

The Others, Other, Other Red Meat (Force and Destiny)

If I have Duty and am tied to the base part of the establishemnt does that mean Mechanics is a Career skill?

EDIT Just looked at the book - the bonus Career skill is made available with the Training Facility upgrade (and Mechanics is not on the list thouth certainly within the GM's purvue to add).

So, have we selected the "free" upgrade yet?

I don't believe you've selected the free upgrade yet. Let me know what you guys would like to do! It's basically Sal and Wes' option. 

We might want to discuss more deeply the purpose of the rebel base.  The original posting on Gladitorial Arms mentioned acquiring weapon (and other?) tech.  Is this the only thing we want it to support?

These seem like the most applicable base upgrades:

Increase Core Focus: I'd like to get these at some point to help in getting rare items but it's relatively cheap per upgrade to upgrade via credits.  With all upgrades this would fit the theme very well as it will allow us to procure rare things to aid the rebellion and our efforts for the rebellion.

Armory: This one is Restricted so I'm not sure if we need GM approval, but it would make sense for a place that provides arms.  Though this doesn't fit perfectly with the base purpose as it's more appropriate for actually arming rebels.

Training Facility: This one could fit very well if we modified it a bit.  Training Facility typically involves support for training soldiers but we could put our own spin on it to provide support for training techs/mechanics etc.  This upgrade also grants a bonus Career skill.  Mechanics isn't on the list (but it would fit the theme) but Mechanics is already a Career skill for Sal.

Laboratory: This one might make the best thematic fit.  It provides facilities to aid in researching and tech development and experimentation.

Your base Obligation will be 15 (and the others' will be lowered by 5 each). 

We might want to discuss more deeply the purpose of the rebel base.  The original posting on Gladitorial Arms mentioned acquiring weapon (and other?) tech.  Is this the only thing we want it to support?

Increase Core Focus...
Armory...
Training Facility... 
Laboratory...

Let's keep the Training Facility RAW for now, and make it applicable to training fighters with combat skills. You can take an NPC ally (mechanic), but not a whole group of them  :) the Training Facility is obviously the most expensive, so getting it free is even better than the rest  :) Also, Wes and Sal only have Lightsaber and Brawl as combat career skills, respectively. The training facility could be a real shot in the arm for the both of you, to get a more useful combat skill on your list!

The Armory is allowed, and it might be smart to opt for it now, because that Restricted tag is gonna make it harder to add later if you want to do that at some point. 

The Laboratory would be a very interesting option! And fitting. 

Let me know what you'd like to do (input from Sarone would be welcome!) and we'll try and get things started here  :)

Your base Obligation will be 15 (and the others' will be lowered by 5 each). 

Increase Core Focus...

Armory...

Training Facility... 

Laboratory...

Let's keep the Training Facility RAW for now, and make it applicable to training fighters with combat skills. You can take an NPC ally (mechanic), but not a whole group of them  :) the Training Facility is obviously the most expensive, so getting it free is even better than the rest  :) Also, Wes and Sal only have Lightsaber and Brawl as combat career skills, respectively. The training facility could be a real shot in the arm for the both of you, to get a more useful combat skill on your list!

The Armory is allowed, and it might be smart to opt for it now, because that Restricted tag is gonna make it harder to add later if you want to do that at some point. 

The Laboratory would be a very interesting option! And fitting. 

Let me know what you'd like to do (input from Sarone would be welcome!) and we'll try and get things started here  :)

Honestly, my vote is for the armor 2, since thematically that would be the hardest upgrade to go for (unless you want weeks/months/years of construction to be going on).  The rest we can either get as an Obligation/Duty reward or build it up ourselves (which was my original goal).

Still working on my character a bit.  I just need to document everything, which is quite a bit of gear.  Background is just going to be  a simple deal about being on Dac during the retaking, then getting sent to Nar Shaddaa.

By the way, we are going for Nar Shaddaa/Nal Hutta for the adventure, right?

Armory it is then.

It provides all the equipment needed to modify weapons at no penalty to the Mechanics check...would this apply to my lightsaber?

Armor 2 isn't Armory.  It's the giving the building a reinforced structure that counts as an Armor Value of 2.  Meaning that the only weapons that can damage it have to be at Planetary 3 or better.

Honest answer?  It's Hutt territory.  Between industrial accidents, crashing vehicles, the odd terrorist/gang attack, and the rare but likely Imperial attack, I'd say it's for good cause.

Besides, I don't want some dumb butt throw a thermal detonator down a duct and take the building out.

Gear is done.  I'm alittle bit over burdened at the moment, but I figure once we have the base/business settled down I would reorganize the list to better reflect what is stored in at home and what is one me.

Also did a little bit about the history and description, but I would really want to get things on the move for the campaign.

Edited by Sarone

I'd love to start playing!

We are just waiting on Amalgra's and Gabriel's Background, and also Gabriel's Morality & Motivations. These things are important folks, because they set the tone for your character. They also exist as a sort of contract for PC behavior between the player and the GM; when I set challenges, I try to do so with at least a little knowledge of who your character is, to try and make things interesting. And since some of our PCs are very outside the box when it comes to species stereotypes and character archetypes in general, it is all the more important. 

The rest of you are free to roll some Destiny Points and post the results here. Rakaydos and Vrussk, if you're able, please finish your character sheets and then roll up your Destiny Points! 

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting this off the ground :)

Gabriel's backround is that he was a Jedi apprentice. He was captured during the clone wars by a cad bane-like bounty hunter, was frozen to serve as a hostage, and when his master came to retrieve him the hunters fallback plan lost Gabriel's carbon frieze for twenty years .

His strength is his pride as a jedi- his weakness is his arrogance in a world far different than the one he left.