Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

The Others, Other, Other Red Meat (Force and Destiny)

Per Sam Stewart, that Hutt can leap around the battlefield RAW. That said, if the GM isnt cool with it, I won't do it. I want to clarify that I imagine a Hutt using Force Leap looking more like an animal (think a lion) suddenly pouncing in a smooth motion, not the slow-mo matrix leap from the video games. I think it would be terrifying to have a Hutt suddenly pounce across a battlefield with all of that mass crashing down beside someone. Basically, I imagine it less like the sort of moon jump seen in the prequels and more like having a very large animal pounce on someone.

I'm curious, those of you who have chosen Duty or Obligation, which group assets are you interested in taking (as detailed on pg.4)?  Which group Career skill are you most interested in?

Assuming Rakaydos makes a Niman Disciple he originally stated, we have a pretty good spread of career skills.  The only 3 unrepresented career skills being: Charm, Gunnery, and Knowledge (Warfare).  These 3 skills might make good choices as group career skills then, even if it is limited to Duty/Obligation respectively.  I'm not certain if Gunnery is attainable through the group but it might prove useful if our mechanics are intent on working on spacecraft.

Is the group ok with rolling forward on the idea of this being an Arena type business that seconds as a potential Rebel ______ (pg.4)?

Lastly, if I could get a clarification about pg.4 when you say "group career skill" does this skill apply to everyone or only to those who have taken Duty/Obligation respectively.

My vote is for the reinforced structure.  That will give the building armor 2.

As for skills, I'm not a hundred percent sure.  Charm can be useful, but if we intend to go to space eventually then I vote for Gunnery.

The only 3 unrepresented career skills being: Charm, Gunnery, and Knowledge (Warfare).  These 3 skills might make good choices as group career skills then, even if it is limited to Duty/Obligation respectively.  I'm not certain if Gunnery is attainable through the group but it might prove useful if our mechanics are intent on working on spacecraft.

Is the group ok with rolling forward on the idea of this being an Arena type business that seconds as a potential Rebel ______ (pg.4)?

Lastly, if I could get a clarification about pg.4 when you say "group career skill" does this skill apply to everyone or only to those who have taken Duty/Obligation respectively.

You can, as a PC, have both Duty and Obligation; however, you cannot take the Business AND Rebel Base as your Obligation and Duty, respectively. You may choose one establishment as your main focus, but you may not benefit mechanically from both

Gunnery is eligible as a career skill for those that adopt the Rebel Base as their duty, if you opt for a Training Camp as your free upgrade. 

Charm and Knowledge (Warfare) are absolutely very appropo for the Business. So if you adopt the Business as your Obligation focus, that could be an option for you.

Skils:

Astrogation(Career Skill):0 ranks

Computers(Career Skill):2 ranks

Coordination(Career Skill):1 rank

Discipline(Career Skill):1 rank

Mechanics(Career Skill):2 ranks

Perception(Career Skill):1 rank

Piloting(Planetary)(Career Skill):0 ranks 

Streetwise(Career Skill):0 ranks

Brawl:1 rank

Ranged(Heavy):2 ranks

Education(Career Skill):1 rank

Outer Rim(Career Skill):1 rank

Underworld(Career Skill):0 ranks

Xenology: 2 ranks

You've purchased 4 ranks in non-career skills. Are you planning on developing these skills any further, and have you considered the Big-Game Hunter Specialization from Enter the Unknown? It's got a great Wookiee flavor, and gives you Ranged (Heavy) and Knowledge (Xenology) as career skills. You could, for example, purchase the Specialization and all you'd have to do is just lose the second rank of Utinni! for an otherwise identical PC (skills, talents, etc), but now with access to all the Big-Game Hunter talents. 

Like so:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sif98b83v3gdll/Gralrrua%20-%20Wookiee%20Technician.pdf?dl=0

Just an idea. 

Also, I am willing to wave the Average Mechanics check required to install the standard bowcaster attachments (the automatic re-cocker and the accelerator enhancement), if you are wanting to install those. Two ranks in Mechanics and an Intellect of 3, I don't have any qualms about that. 

Skils:

Astrogation(Career Skill):0 ranks

Computers(Career Skill):2 ranks

Coordination(Career Skill):1 rank

Discipline(Career Skill):1 rank

Mechanics(Career Skill):2 ranks

Perception(Career Skill):1 rank

Piloting(Planetary)(Career Skill):0 ranks 

Streetwise(Career Skill):0 ranks

Brawl:1 rank

Ranged(Heavy):2 ranks

Education(Career Skill):1 rank

Outer Rim(Career Skill):1 rank

Underworld(Career Skill):0 ranks

Xenology: 2 ranks

You've purchased 4 ranks in non-career skills. Are you planning on developing these skills any further, and have you considered the Big-Game Hunter Specialization from Enter the Unknown? It's got a great Wookiee flavor, and gives you Ranged (Heavy) and Knowledge (Xenology) as career skills. You could, for example, purchase the Specialization and all you'd have to do is just lose the second rank of Utinni! for an otherwise identical PC (skills, talents, etc), but now with access to all the Big-Game Hunter talents. 

Like so:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sif98b83v3gdll/Gralrrua%20-%20Wookiee%20Technician.pdf?dl=0

Just an idea. 

Also, I am willing to wave the Average Mechanics check required to install the standard bowcaster attachments (the automatic re-cocker and the accelerator enhancement), if you are wanting to install those. Two ranks in Mechanics and an Intellect of 3, I don't have any qualms about that. 

That, and it probably wasn't hard to get help from others along the way.  Bowcasters seem to be treated as much as a family project as well as a family heirloom.

Also, any issue with my character?

Edited by Sarone

I was under the impression that the Safe House, Training Camp, or Meeting Center choice was for us as a group, not individuals, and that the career skill was also a group choice that benefits those with Duty.  By that I mean its not selected per individual.

Along the same vein with Obligation

Party Career Skill: The party must select one business focus. The focus determines the career skill granted to the entire party:
Entertainment (Charm), Retail (Negotiation), Service (choose either Mechanics, Computers, or a single applicable Knowledge skill for the entire party). Each character with Obligation in the party counts this skill as a career skill.

I think my confusion was the "entire party" which is later clarified as "Each character with Obligation". I'm assuming the later is correct, and is the same for those with Duty based on that and what you just said.

That being said will the choice effect the actual business model? I would think Gladiatorial Arms falls closest to Entertainment, though I suppose if we sell Beast and Armaments it could be Retail.  As a Service I imagine a very dark underworld vibe of "we'll take care of that humanoid shaped problem for you" slap on a locked helmet with sound dampener and shove em out onto the sand with a few nexu.

Also I added my character to my signature.  Any feedback on me wanting a juvenile Wrix?  I really do like the idea of raising a battle boar pig-thing that eats anything, just like me.

Edited by Vrussk

What else needs to be done before we can start? Could We get a checklist? If we're waiting on players, I say give them until Sunday/Monday of next week then start playing.

That sounds like a good idea. Let's start Monday if at all possible guys, I have an all day thing Sunday and will be out of touch for most of the weekend. 

I have recently grown quite fond of SWsheets. I would say that if everyone was able to make and complete a character sheet on SWSheets, it would be an easy way to keep everything in one central location. Just thinking of you guys, and the fact that swsheets are way easier to edit, as character sheets, than forum posts are. 

A couple of you have managed to get everything down on the forums for character creation, and I applaud you!

It's entirely up to you where to store your character, so as long as it's easy for me to access (click on link, check your character sheet) and easy for you to edit, I will be happy.

Here's a rundown of what we need taken care of:

Sal:

Incomplete character sheet. It is missing Duty (Tech Procurement/Resource Acquisition), credits, gear. Consider switching to "Age of Rebellion" instead of Edge of the Empire, since you have Duty, not Obligation. I am also missing Background, Motivation, and a physical description. Just completely fill out the character sheet (after switching it to "Age of Rebellion Mode") and you should be fine. 

Gormo:

Looks great!

Amalgra

Incomplete character sheet. Please fill in info on Morality (Enthusiasm/Greed), Motivation (Power, Pet), Background, and Obligation (Business). Some of this can just be copy-pasted from the forum post here, but it needs to be in one central location, and nail down those specifics. As above, just fill out that sheet and you should be good to go. 

Gabriel:

Give me some info on Background, Morality, and Motivation. Also need pertinent stats, like Soak, Wound Threshold, etc. If you'd like to create a swsheet, be my guest! I just need all your info in a central location. As mentioned above, a swsheet will give you boxes to fill out so you can make sure you haven't missed anything.

Wes:

Looks great! 

Gralrurra:

Pretty much just missing a background. Otherwise, looks nice. 

Gormo and Gralrurra are the only ones with Obligation (20 starting magnitude, each), and Sal and Wes look to be the only ones with Duty (so 20 magnitude apiece, starting). If I've got this wrong, please let me know! 

I'll try to get my character on swsheets before Monday.

Just to clarify, I'm an F&D character so I'm using Morality. But do I also have Duty because I'm part of the rebel "base"?

You can opt to use the Duty mechanic. I thought that you had.

But yes, if you want to benefit from the Rebel Base, you need a Duty. 

I'll try to get my character on swsheets before Monday.

Just to clarify, I'm an F&D character so I'm using Morality. But do I also have Duty because I'm part of the rebel "base"?

You can opt to use the Duty mechanic. I thought that you had.

But yes, if you want to benefit from the Rebel Base, you need a Duty. 

Yes - I picked Intelligence.  Though I forgot to mark that on my character sheet.  I'll fix that.

20 apiece, since there's only two of you. You can lower your Duty for more starting credits/XP. but you can't use your Morality and your Duty that way. So you can get more starting stuff with your Duty, or just benefit from Morality as normal.

(this was an unintentional departure from the RAW on these matters, but we'd already gotten far into PC creation when I realized I'd made a mistake, so you can still run with it!!)

If I have Duty and am tied to the base part of the establishemnt does that mean Mechanics is a Career skill?

EDIT Just looked at the book - the bonus Career skill is made available with the Training Facility upgrade (and Mechanics is not on the list thouth certainly within the GM's purvue to add).

So, have we selected the "free" upgrade yet?

Edited by Jedi Ronin