Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

The Others, Other, Other Red Meat (Force and Destiny)

This is a closed PbP Game. The players currently involved are:

Sarone
Vrussk
Nimsim
Lotr_Nerd
Rakaydos
Jedi Ronin

The background:

Just weeks after the destruction of the massive space station, the Death Star, the Empire has been turned upside down in an effort to find and stop the so-called Rebel Alliance. This has opened many new opportunities for those with loose legal boundaries.

Welcome to The Other, Other, Other Red Meat! 

To facilitate quick character creation, here are the guidelines:

• This is NOT a Knight Level game; however, you get +50 XP to spend as if earned during gameplay (so no using it to raise characteristics) and 3,000 extra credits with which to buy stuff.
  • Any/all officially published PC options are fair game. This is a Force and Destiny game, but you may start as an Age of Rebellion or Edge of the Empire character.
  • Duty/Obligation starting magnitudes are dependant on how many PCs have an Obligation or Duty.
  • Force Users must have a Morality score, even if they do not choose a Force and Destiny career to begin with.
  • For purchasing gear in general, let’s soft-cap it at Rarity 5. Anything higher, and anything Restricted, requires GM approval (feel free to PM and ask!).  
  • Skip Step 10 of character creation, for now. Depending on the mix of characters, I will have a freebie to offer you once everyone is statted up and ready to go.
  • In place of Step 10, you will start with a Homestead. The location, feel, and purpose is pretty much up to the players at this point, within reason ;) This means, among other things, that there will be a group Obligation score in addition to any personal Obligations.

The exact focus of the game will depend on you (the players) and your PCs. I’m seeing a lot of Force-using concepts, and I’m really looking forward to seeing your ideas fleshed out. Please post them here when you’re ready for them to be reviewed, and please feel free to discuss the builds and ask any questions that you need answered.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Working on my Mon Calamari Technician (Mechanic), Sal.  I have characteristics done as well as my skills allocated.  Now just working on 100 XP part (which has been mostly allocated to characteristics).

My intent is for my character to start off with the Mechanic Specialization of the Technician Career.  One I feel he is decent at what he does I am planning on branching off into a few non career specializations before taking Outlaw Tech and possibly Slicer. 

The noncareer specializations I am considering at the moment are (non-core in parenthesis):

1. Gadgeteer from the EotE Bounty Hunter
  2. Scholar from the EotE Colonist
  3. Trader from the EotE Explorer
  4. Entrepreneur from the EotE Colonist (Far Horizons)
  5. Demolitionist from the EotE Hired Gun (Dangerous Covenants)
  6. Archaeologist from the EotE Explorer (Enter the Unknown)
  7. Scientist from the AoR Engineer
  8. Saboteur from the AoR Engineer
  9. The Recruit specialization
  10. The Quartermaster from the AoR Diplomat
  11. Rigger from the AoR Ace (Stay on Target)
  12. Analyst from the AoR Diplomat (Desperate Allies)

Yeah, it's twelve noncareer specializations.  However, I only see my self going possibly three of them, depending on the campaign goes before going back to Technician.

I'm working on the type of Obligation and Duty.

I will be taking the Tech Procurement for the Duty, seeing as I am really interested in seeing how far I can bend the tech rules for both the group and the Alliance.  If possible, I would also take the Resource Acquisition duty as well, since that can also help the Alliance out.

Obligation is a bit more problematic.  I am currently looking at Bounty, Debt, Favor and Obsession.  These four  all blend well with my vision of my character.  I would like to hear what everyone's impression of my character before I make a final choice(s).

Observations:

1. We start with an additional 50 XP and an extra 3,000 credits on top of the 500 (making it 3500 credits for gear).  Am I correct in that interpretation?
  2. Obligations: because we are at six, I believe each character starts at 5 Obligation and/or 5 Duty.  Taking one of the two should be self explanatory.  How are we handling those taking both and the Character creation step?  (Explanation:  I am thinking about taking both an Obligation and a Duty.  Can I only use either the Obligation Increase or Duty Reduction?  Or can I take an Obligation Increase and a Duty Reduction?)
  3. Encumbrance is being taken into account unless a person bought a vehicle/droid/etc., right?

Since we start with a homestead, I'm going to post a small questionnaire so that we all can get that in our minds.  This way we can come to a consensus before the campaign start.  I'll give my short answers for the questions.  If you have additional questions want to be brought up, go right ahead.

Homestead Questions and Requests:

1. With the homestead, what is everyone's wants, expectations, and needs?
  2. Where should the homestead be located?
  3. What is the expectations of the homestead in the campaign?

1. I would like the homestead to have either a garage or hangar for my character so that way he can work on gear/vehicles.  I would also like a room for my character to relax and sleep in that is fairly humid.  I would also like to have enouh room to build and maintain any vehicles we acquire.
  2. I would prefer the homestead be on a planet with access to technology.  While vague, this also means I do not want to be on a planet where technology is an extreme luxury.  I would also like access to black market technology as well as outdates military equipment.
  3. The expectations of the homestead is for it to serve as a base of operations for us.  Depending on what we do and the campaign, I expect trouble either from the Empire or rival groups.
Edited by Sarone

I will be taking the Tech Procurement for the Duty, seeing as I am really interested in seeing how far I can bend the tech rules for both the group and the Alliance.  If possible, I would also take the Resource Acquisition duty as well, since that can also help the Alliance out.

Obligation is a bit more problematic.  I am currently looking at Bounty, Debt, Favor and Obsession.  These four  all blend well with my vision of my character.  I would like to hear what everyone's impression of my character before I make a final choice(s).

Noted! Thanks. 

Observations:

• We start with an additional 50 XP and an extra 3,000 credits on top of the 500 (making it 3500 credits for gear).  Am I correct in that interpretation?
  • Obligations: because we are at six, I believe each character starts at 5 Obligation and/or 5 Duty.  Taking one of the two should be self explanatory.  How are we handling those taking both and the Character creation step?  (Explanation:  I am thinking about taking both an Obligation and a Duty.  Can I only use either the Obligation Increase or Duty Reduction?  Or can I take an Obligation Increase and a Duty Reduction?)
  • Encumbrance is being taken into account unless a person bought a vehicle/droid/etc., right?

1. Yes, that is correct, 3,500 total starting credits (on top of whatever credits you might gain from your Duty/Obligation/Morality option)

2. Not quite. The totals will be based on the number of PCs who have those scores. So only two people with Obligation means that you both start at 20. Same for Duty. You may have any one of Obligation, Duty, Morality (if you're a Force user) or any two of those three. You cannot choose all three. If you take two, you may only choose one to receive the benefits from at character creation (So you can't increase your Morality by 21 points AND increase your Obligation to gain 2,500 credits, for example...you must choose just one). So in your example, it's either an Obligation increase or a Duty decrease, not both, your option.

3. Yeah, it's easier to track these things by PbP, but I'll ask that players be responsible and track their own encumbrance, pretty please :)

Since we start with a homestead, I'm going to post a small questionnaire so that we all can get that in our minds.  This way we can come to a consensus before the campaign start.  I'll give my short answers for the questions.  If you have additional questions want to be brought up, go right ahead.

Homestead Questions and Requests:

• With the homestead, what is everyone's wants, expectations, and needs?
  • Where should the homestead be located?
  • What is the expectations of the homestead in the campaign?
  • I would like the homestead to have either a garage or hangar for my character so that way he can work on gear/vehicles.  I would also like a room for my character to relax and sleep in that is fairly humid.  I would also like to have enouh room to build and maintain any vehicles we acquire.
  • I would prefer the homestead be on a planet with access to technology.  While vague, this also means I do not want to be on a planet where technology is an extreme luxury.  I would also like access to black market technology as well as outdates military equipment.
  • The expectations of the homestead is for it to serve as a base of operations for us.  Depending on what we do and the campaign, I expect trouble either from the Empire or rival groups.

Good stuff.

Edited by awayputurwpn

I have a basic stats rundown for Gormo the Hutt:

Career: Warrior     Specialization/s: Aggressor

Morality Choice: +10 xp; Enthusiasm/Recklessness

Motivation: Ambition, Glory

Brawn: 4    Agility: 1     Intellect: 2     Cunning: 3     Willpower: 3     Presence: 2

Skills with Rankings:

Athletics (1)

Coercion (2)

Streetwise (1)

Survival (1)

Brawl (1)

Wound Threshold: 17     Strain Threshold: 14

Talents:

1 Rank Enduring (+1 Soak)

1 Rank Fearsome (When adversary becomes engaged with Gormo, may force adversary to make Fear Check with difficulty equal to ranks in Fearsome)

2 Ranks Intimidating (May suffer a number of strain to downgrade/upgrade difficulty of Coercion checks made by/targeting Gormo, not exceeding ranks in Intimidating)

1 Rank Nobody's Fool (May upgrade difficulty of incoming Charm, Coercion, or Deception checks once per rank of Nobody's Fool)

Terrify (May make a 3 Difficulty Coercion check as action adding Force Dice; Disorient 1 target within Medium Range per success, spend 2 Advantage to extend duration, and spend 1 Force Point to immobilize target)

Force Powers

Enhance Basic Power (When making athletics check, may activate power to spend Force Points to add Success or Advantage)

Enhance Control: Resilience (As above, but for Resilience checks)

Enhance Control: Brawl (As above, but for Brawl checks)

Equipment

Brass Knuckles (+1 Brawl Damage, Disorient 3)

Beast-Hide Armor (1 Soak, add 1 Advantage to Coercion checks and 1 Threat to Charm checks)

Attack/s

Brass Knuckles (Damage 5, Critical 4, Disorient 3, Knockdown, Stun Setting)

Soak

XP Spent: 40 to increase Brawn to 4; 30 to increase Cunning to 3, 10 on Enhance Basic (for starting total of 80), 5 on Control: Resilience, 5 on Control: Brawl, 5 on Intimidating, 10 on Fearsome, 10 on Intimidating, 15 on Terrify (for the remaining 50 points)

Credits Spent: 300 on Beast-Hide Armor, 25 on Brass Knuckles

General Description:

Gormo is a young Hutt, and is an anomaly among most of his species. Gormo, from a young age, learned to take great joy in personal combat. Gormo loves to fight. He is not a sadist, however, and in fact Gormo finds the idea of taking another life repugnant on both moral and practical grounds (a dead man is a lost customer). Gormo is a fast friend to those around him, and is quick to try impressing others with his physical ability. Because of all this, Gormo has been mostly outcast from his family, although he is afforded the basic protections that a Hutt of his station would enjoy. Gormo takes his status mostly for granted, and in true Hutt fashion has mostly learned to get what he wants through lying and intimidating people. Gormo's intimidating presence should not be confused for anger, however. Rather, Gormo sees his actions as simply a means to an end, without strong emotional attachment.

Gormo also has not fully realized that he is an active user of the Force, and is just as likely to attribute his intimidating presence or imposing physique on his own ability as to attribute it to the Force. However, Gormo has recently met an individual more familiar with the Force, who were able to identify Gormo's ability. Sensing Gormo's ability, this individual was able to guide him to recognizing the potential of training in the Force. Gormo has improved his ability with the force with the aid of this individual.

Up until recently, Gormo spent most of his time in Gladiator arenas, fighting others for sport. Recently, however, Gormo has met with other Force Users, and has come upon an idea. Seeing a demand in the market, Gormo has decided that he wants to open up a For-Profit Secret Force Academy. Gormo's enthusiasm for this idea has blinded him to the many risks he would be taking, but by using his winnings from the arenas and unknown aid from sympathetic Hutts, Gormo has been able to partner with some like-minded individuals to carve out their own homestead that they hope to one day operate as an academy. While Gormo and his partners may not agree on the details of how the academy will be run, he has seen them worthy of a high level of trust as equals in this enterprise.

Homestead Stuff:

If people are down with it, I think it would be cool to have the goal of the homestead be to start up a secret Jedi academy. This would give a reason for the group to go out on adventures, as they'd be hunting down teachers, artifacts, and information. Also, I think it makes a good crazy plan. I don't really know much about the homestead rules, so I bow to others on its exact details.

Also, does anyone have some advice on stuff to buy or changes to make in my character build? I like the basic build, as it gets to the signature ability of the aggressor, and also gets the boost to Brawl from the Enhance power. My future plans are going to be getting that extra force point, finishing up the left half of the aggressor tree, and getting the ability for Gormo to start Force Leaping around the battlefield. Speaking of, do you think the Ponderous Trait (A Hutt can never spend more than one maneuver moving per turn) would apply to Force Leap? I would argue no, because it refers to "moving" specifically (and there is a specific "Move" maneuver, while Force Jump refers to "leaping."

Homestead Stuff:

If people are down with it, I think it would be cool to have the goal of the homestead be to start up a secret Jedi academy. This would give a reason for the group to go out on adventures, as they'd be hunting down teachers, artifacts, and information. Also, I think it makes a good crazy plan. I don't really know much about the homestead rules, so I bow to others on its exact details.

If this is the goal, this is straight out seditious activity. For that reason alone, it might be even better to start a "Rebel Base," perhaps even conflating it with a Homestead. Basically, the PCs with Obligation would be beholden to operating the Homestead, which is hiding this secret Jedi training facility. At least one of the PCs with Duty could be beholden to the Rebel Base. Ulterior motives abound, while clandestine recruitment and training is attempted. 

BTW, if you end up having any Duty in the group, the starting Contribution Rank will be 1 instead of 0. 

Edited by awayputurwpn

Also, does anyone have some advice on stuff to buy or changes to make in my character build? I like the basic build, as it gets to the signature ability of the aggressor, and also gets the boost to Brawl from the Enhance power. My future plans are going to be getting that extra force point, finishing up the left half of the aggressor tree, and getting the ability for Gormo to start Force Leaping around the battlefield. Speaking of, do you think the Ponderous Trait (A Hutt can never spend more than one maneuver moving per turn) would apply to Force Leap? I would argue no, because it refers to "moving" specifically (and there is a specific "Move" maneuver, while Force Jump refers to "leaping."

I'll let the others speak to changes they might make! I like it though, especially your current use of the Enhance power. So fitting.

Let me give the Ponderous ability some thought :) I'd actually like to ask a Rules Question of the devs, if you're not delving into the Force Leap upgrade right away :) Thanks for giving me a bit of time! 

I'm having a hard time imagining a Hutt leaping around the battlefield. I mean, on one hand, it's the Force. But on the other hand, it's a Hutt. I'm sure we'll arrive at a happy conclusion.

I have a basic stats rundown for Gormo the Hutt:

Career: Warrior     Specialization/s: Aggressor

Morality Choice: +10 xp; Enthusiasm/Recklessness

Motivation: Ambition, Glory

Brawn: 4    Agility: 1     Intellect: 2     Cunning: 3     Willpower: 3     Presence: 2

Skills with Rankings:

Athletics (1)

Coercion (2)

Streetwise (1)

Survival (1)

Brawl (1)

Wound Threshold: 17     Strain Threshold: 14

Talents:

1 Rank Fearsome (When adversary becomes engaged with Gormo, may force adversary to make Fear Check with difficulty equal to ranks in Fearsome)

2 Ranks Intimidating (May suffer a number of strain to downgrade/upgrade difficulty of Coercion checks made by/targeting Gormo, not exceeding ranks in Intimidating)

1 Rank Nobody's Fool (May upgrade difficulty of incoming Charm, Coercion, or Deception checks once per rank of Nobody's Fool)

Terrify (May make a 3 Difficulty Coercion check as action adding Force Dice; Disorient 1 target within Medium Range per success, spend 2 Advantage to extend duration, and spend 1 Force Point to immobilize target)

Force Powers

Enhance Basic Power (When making athletics check, may activate power to spend Force Points to add Success or Advantage)

Enhance Control: Resilience (As above, but for Resilience checks)

Enhance Control: Brawl (As above, but for Brawl checks)

Equipment

Brass Knuckles (+1 Brawl Damage, Disorient 3)

Beast-Hide Armor (1 Soak, add 1 Advantage to Coercion checks and 1 Threat to Charm checks)

Attack/s

Brass Knuckles (Damage 5, Critical 4, Disorient 3, Knockdown, Stun Setting)

Soak

XP Spent: 40 to increase Brawn to 4; 30 to increase Cunning to 3, 10 on Enhance Basic (for starting total of 80), 5 on Control: Resilience, 5 on Control: Brawl, 5 on Intimidating, 10 on Fearsome, 10 on Intimidating, 15 on Terrify (for the remaining 50 points)

Credits Spent: 300 on Beast-Hide Armor, 25 on Brass Knuckles

General Description:

Gormo is a young Hutt, and is an anomaly among most of his species. Gormo, from a young age, learned to take great joy in personal combat. Gormo loves to fight. He is not a sadist, however, and in fact Gormo finds the idea of taking another life repugnant on both moral and practical grounds (a dead man is a lost customer). Gormo is a fast friend to those around him, and is quick to try impressing others with his physical ability. Because of all this, Gormo has been mostly outcast from his family, although he is afforded the basic protections that a Hutt of his station would enjoy. Gormo takes his status mostly for granted, and in true Hutt fashion has mostly learned to get what he wants through lying and intimidating people. Gormo's intimidating presence should not be confused for anger, however. Rather, Gormo sees his actions as simply a means to an end, without strong emotional attachment.

Gormo also has not fully realized that he is an active user of the Force, and is just as likely to attribute his intimidating presence or imposing physique on his own ability as to attribute it to the Force. However, Gormo has recently met an individual more familiar with the Force, who were able to identify Gormo's ability. Sensing Gormo's ability, this individual was able to guide him to recognizing the potential of training in the Force. Gormo has improved his ability with the force with the aid of this individual.

Up until recently, Gormo spent most of his time in Gladiator arenas, fighting others for sport. Recently, however, Gormo has met with other Force Users, and has come upon an idea. Seeing a demand in the market, Gormo has decided that he wants to open up a For-Profit Secret Force Academy. Gormo's enthusiasm for this idea has blinded him to the many risks he would be taking, but by using his winnings from the arenas and unknown aid from sympathetic Hutts, Gormo has been able to partner with some like-minded individuals to carve out their own homestead that they hope to one day operate as an academy. While Gormo and his partners may not agree on the details of how the academy will be run, he has seen them worthy of a high level of trust as equals in this enterprise.

Homestead Stuff:

Over all, it looks pretty good.  However, I would think he would realize that having a "Secret Force Academy" might not be the best idea, considering there is no way to protect the place.  Not mention, I would not want the Empire to get their hands on a bunch of Force users.

Not to be offensive, but this almost sounds as bad as the "orphan ninja assassin school" in a Shadowrun campaign I was in.

Simplest idea?  Get a jetpack/repulsorlift pack fitted for a hutt.  Despite being huge and all, a young hutt is quite muscular and can be quick.  Just not very maneuverable.

Homestead Stuff:

If this is the goal, this is straight out seditious activity. For that reason alone, it might be even better to start a "Rebel Base," perhaps even conflating it with a Homestead. Basically, the PCs with Obligation would be beholden to operating the Homestead, which is hiding this secret Jedi training facility. At least one of the PCs with Duty could be beholden to the Rebel Base. Ulterior motives abound, while clandestine recruitment and training is attempted. 

BTW, if you end up having any Duty in the group, the starting Contribution Rank will be 1 instead of 0. 

That is also very helpful.  Considering I was planning on taking it anyway.

As for the Rebel base, I'm a bit conflicted on it.  On one hand, great, we get a base that is fully staffed and functioning, possibly.  On the other, I sort of like the idea of growing out own base/homestead.   This is especially true if we have a hutt who wants to make a secret Force academy.

I'll let the others speak to changes they might make! I like it though, especially your current use of the Enhance power. So fitting.

Let me give the Ponderous ability some thought :) I'd actually like to ask a Rules Question of the devs, if you're not delving into the Force Leap upgrade right away :) Thanks for giving me a bit of time! 

I'm having a hard time imagining a Hutt leaping around the battlefield. I mean, on one hand, it's the Force. But on the other hand, it's a Hutt. I'm sure we'll arrive at a happy conclusion.

You never read Knight Errant?  One of the villains was a hutt with a jet pack and battle armor.

@Sarone

I don't think that starting a secret Jedi academy is quite so terrible of an idea. First, I think the campaign would be more about getting it up and running rather than actively running it with students. So there wouldn't be any students for at least the bulk of the campaign. Second, I know it would be seditious, but homestead rules come from a book like entirely about playing seditious rebel characters. Third, the Hutts have largely been self-governing and given lee-way by the empire, and I think that an outcast like Gormo would be the type to take things a step further. I think this would provide hooks for all three gamelines, because Edge characters could be caught in a potential underworld civil war as Hutts are forced to honor family connections and shore up defense of the empire, Rebellion characters would see the academy as a way to train their force users and would have vested interest in keeping things going, and Force characters would be interested in what they could learn from having a funded base/adventures.

Basically, I personally think that this is one of those Fantasy Realism ideas that, while it wouldn't work well in reality, works great in a setting like Star Wars.

Xarla Kenin (female Kel Dor)

Xarla was just a padawan at the Jedi temple during the Clone Wars.  She has a deep rooted love of piloting anything she can get her hands on.  As such, when Order 66 came down, instead of being in the training room with the other padawans, she was honing her skills in a flight simulator.  She avoided Order 66 through sheer dumb luck.  She hid out on level 1313 for many years before she was finally able to save enough to charter passage offworld. 

On her way out to the Outer Rim Xarla bore witness to the oppression of the Empire in all corners of the galaxy.  She vowed then and there to continue to uphold the tenets of the Jedi and help oppressed people wherever she may be of use.  She uses her piloting skills to help in any way she can and uses her protective training to safeguard those in her charge.

Compassion / Hatred

Motivation: Help the helpless

Morality: Compassion / Hatred

Warrior: Starfighter Ace/Soresu Defender

Brawn: 1; Agility: 3; Intellect: 3; Cunning: 2; Wilpower: 3; Presence: 2

Wounds: 11; Strain: 13; Soak: 1; Force Rating: 1; Melee Defense: 0; Ranged Defense: 0

Skills:

Athletics 1, Cool 1, Perception 1, Piloting (Planetary) 1, Piloting (Space) 2, Brawl 1, Gunnery 1, Melee 1, Knowledge (Education) 1

Weapons:

Talents:

Parry (1)

Skilled jockey (1) - remove 1 setback from all Piloting checks

Soresu Technique - Use Intellect for lightsaber skill instead of Brawn

Abilities:

Enhance

Sense

Sight - Remove 2 setback imposed due to darkness from any skill checks

Atmospheric Requirement - Kel Dor must wear specialized breath masks to breathe and see outside of their native atmosphere.

Armor:

Gear:

I've not purchased gear yet.  Any issue with starting with a basic lightsaber or training lightsaber?

I've not purchased gear yet.  Any issue with starting with a basic lightsaber or training lightsaber?

Training saber is okay, but the Basic model will be a bit out of your reach. Perhaps she was able to cobble together an approximation of the weapon with which she trained for years, but a real lightsaber crystal is something that Xarla is driven to seek out?

Stats for Amalgra the Hutt:

Career: Seeker     Specialization/s: Pathfinder

Morality Choice: +10 xp; Enthusiasm/Greed

Motivation: Power, Pet

Brawn: 3    Agility: 3     Intellect: 2     Cunning: 3     Willpower: 3     Presence: 2     Force Rating: 1

Wounds: 16     Strain: 15     Soak: 4 - (No armor currently)

Skills with Rankings:

Discipline (1), Medicine (1), Resilience (1), Survival (2), Vigilance (1), Xenology (1)

Talents:

1 Rank Grit (+1 Strain Threshold per rank)

1 Rank Keen Eyed (-1 Setback on Perception/Vigilance checks per rank. Decrease time to search a specific area by half.)

Animal Empathy (When making checks to handle or tame animals add Force Dice, spend for success or advantages.)

Animal Bond (Bond a single animal of silhouette equal to half Force Rating, rounded down.)

Force Powers - None, except force related talents.

Equipment - Nothing in the arms and armors category yet.

XP Spent: 50 to increase Agility to 3; 30 to increase Cunning to 3 (for starting total of 80), 5 on Grit, 10 on Keen Eyed, 15 on Animal Empathy, 15 on Animal Bond, 5 on Resilience (for the remaining 50 points)

Credits Spent: 600 on Veterinary Kit, 250 on Riding Tack, 150 on Species Database

(1000/3500)+85 so far, considering buying a Bantha named Cujo but its in flex at the moment depending on our final homestead setting, might buy it anyways, or save for a different mount.  Most mounts are to big to bond unless your very strong in the force, but I'm interested in buying some other animals, perhaps a Massiff or an Anooba

General Description: Nothing yet, though I'm wanting to have a bonded pet and likely a mount, when it comes to force powers the first tree I'm likely to aim for is Misdirect.  I see my character as a bit of an explorer, he uses the force to view things through animals senses, to spy not just for opportunities but for curiousity.  I'm also interested in cyberware for my animals down the line, and perhaps some more combat skills.

Homestead Stuff:

I'd like to be running either a trade/smuggling business, or be the base of some kind of organization, anything from the Rebel alliance to a Mercenary company.  I suppose being in a very developed city world could be interesting.

That being said I'm not big on the idea of a For-Profit Jedi Academy, I would prefer a campaign where the Force use is on the suttle side unless we are already going head-to-head with the Empire.

Other:  I was planning on getting around the Ponderous trait as well with the Quick Movement talent, its already specified that this allows potential for a third move action with most races, so I figure it is fairly acceptable that it can provide me a second Move maneuver. Similarly if I purchase Hawk Bat Swoop in the Ataru Striker tree I would expect that I could use the incorporated force leap, as its kind of the entire point of the move.

Edited by Vrussk

Other:  I was planning on getting around the Ponderous attribute as well with the Quick Movement talent, its already specified that this allows potential for a third move action with most races, so I figure it is fairly acceptable that it can provide me a second Move maneuver. Similarly if I purchase Hawk Bat Swoop in the Ataru Striker tree I would expect that I could use the incorporated force leap, as its kind of the entire point of the move.

So are you thinking this,

Randa_njos.jpg

Or this...?

Pro_Tips_37_HuttP90X.jpg

:D

I was more imagining when Palpatine jumps spiraling through the air with his lightsaber but with a substantially bigger more football shaped mass, and for quick movement, its force enhanced burst of speed which just makes me move at normal person speed in this case :D.

@Sarone

I don't think that starting a secret Jedi academy is quite so terrible of an idea. First, I think the campaign would be more about getting it up and running rather than actively running it with students. So there wouldn't be any students for at least the bulk of the campaign. Second, I know it would be seditious, but homestead rules come from a book like entirely about playing seditious rebel characters. Third, the Hutts have largely been self-governing and given lee-way by the empire, and I think that an outcast like Gormo would be the type to take things a step further. I think this would provide hooks for all three gamelines, because Edge characters could be caught in a potential underworld civil war as Hutts are forced to honor family connections and shore up defense of the empire, Rebellion characters would see the academy as a way to train their force users and would have vested interest in keeping things going, and Force characters would be interested in what they could learn from having a funded base/adventures.

Basically, I personally think that this is one of those Fantasy Realism ideas that, while it wouldn't work well in reality, works great in a setting like Star Wars.

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea.  I actually think it would be interesting to have a Force-sensitive academy ran by a Hutt Gladiator.  However, I believe there are issues with trying to set something up like that.  Maybe it's me as a player or a character flaw, but I want to make sure most, if not all, angles are covered.

Plus, don't be quite so sure that Hutts will keep to not harming other Hutts.  You provide them with a way to profit from your destruction, they'll take it and not look back.

In addition, don't count on the Alliance to also stick their foot in.  In several cases, the reputation of a Hutt is countered by the reputation of the Hutt species.  They'll just consider this to be a ruse to get the best and brightest for Hutt gain.

I was more imagining when Palpatine jumps spiraling through the air with his lightsaber but with a substantially bigger more football shaped mass, and for quick movement, its force enhanced burst of speed which just makes me move at normal person speed in this case :D.

I think that we should be allowed to force leap for our Hutts provided that we always use it at the same time and high five each other in mid-air as several hundred pounds of hutt each go shooting into the air like fat-covered springs.

Does that mean any triumphs you both make mean it'll be a seismic attack when you land?

@Sarone

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea.  I actually think it would be interesting to have a Force-sensitive academy ran by a Hutt Gladiator.  However, I believe there are issues with trying to set something up like that.  Maybe it's me as a player or a character flaw, but I want to make sure most, if not all, angles are covered.

Plus, don't be quite so sure that Hutts will keep to not harming other Hutts.  You provide them with a way to profit from your destruction, they'll take it and not look back.

In addition, don't count on the Alliance to also stick their foot in.  In several cases, the reputation of a Hutt is countered by the reputation of the Hutt species.  They'll just consider this to be a ruse to get the best and brightest for Hutt gain.

These are all good points. I guess it's one of those things that's up to the GM/how risk-averse the players are. Most of my games have been of the style that we come up with a kooky plan and the GM lets it happen and works it into his story, not focusing on the flaws of the plan. It sounds like you and Vrussk are more interested playing a more subtle game, which is totally cool.

That said, what are some other good ways that the homestead could be connected to a force-centric group? Vrussk mentioned it being some kind of black market thing. Maybe we set up the only business that reliably trades in force-centric artifacts/knowledge. This knowledge could be sold to less-than-loyal inquisitors, high ranking alliance members, or other interested parties. Maybe some kind of agreement has been made that because of our groups ability to find the best artifacts, the empire gives us clearance to run things so long as they get their pick of what to buy and what we can sell (with us of course bribing officials to ignore certain crates we have a rebellion buyer for...). That could lead to a fun meta-moment of our group running into a group of regular force users trying to get artifacts, rolling them, then taking all of the artifacts to sell. Maybe something along those lines? Remember, the morality guidelines don't TECHNICALLY have anything about using the force to profit, only for using it to steal...

Arent we a quiet bunch :unsure:.  Would love to see your character concept Drammar, like yours a lot @Inquisitor Tremayne! I get the feeling you and Sarones characters could mesh well, seeing how your both Vehicle oriented, perhaps we should run some kind of smuggling ring.  I want to say we should be Pirates really bad, own a base on a backwater world or even a spacestation (though I might have to raise dianoga then..), but I kinda doubt that will fly.

Then again maybe not the most lightside thing to do, if that matters! Perhaps we are kinda Robin Hood like figures.. 

Either way, getting ahead of myself now but I'm just going to put it out there anyways; would be pretty cool if the Superior Officers of the crew took Obligation, while crew members took Duty.  Kind of a captains got to look after his men, gets stressed about it and has to take responsibility when they get in trouble (Military style almost) while the crew have to care of their designated tasks and get pumped up when they do a great job (Hence the wound boost). In a way captains obligation is a crews obligation they just dont carry it on their shoulders. Example: Blackbeard, infamous pirate criminal, but anyone know any of his crews names?  Anyways doubt we will be pirates, but could carry over a similar concept into the Rebel Alliance.

Edited by Vrussk

Using Nimsim's format, as it is the easiest to display.

Sal

Species: Mon Calamari

Career: Technician    Specialization/s: Mechanic

Obligation:

Duty:  Tech Procurement/Resource Acquisition

Brawn: 2    Agility: 3     Intellect: 4     Cunning: 2     Willpower: 2     Presence: 2

Wound Threshold: 12     Strain Threshold: 12

Skills with Rankings:

Astrogation (1)

Computers (1)

Coordination (1)

Knowledge (Education) (1)

Knowledge (Outer Rim) (1)

Mechanics (2)

Perception (1)

Pilot (Space) (1)

Talents:

Fine Tuning (5 XP)

Gear Head (10 XP)

Bad motivator (15 XP)

Equipment

Attack/s

Soak

XP Spent:

(100 Starting XP, 10 left) 40 to increase Intellect to 4; 30 to increase Agility to 3; 20 to increase Cunning to 2

(50 Extra XP, 20 left)  5 to buy Fine Tuning; 10 to buy Gearhead; 15 to buy Bad Motivator

5 to increase Coordination to 1; 5 to increase Knowledge (Outer Rim) to 1

Credits Spent:

General Description:

At this time I'm in a bit of a holding pattern, hoping to hear everyone's opinion and see what their characters have.  I have yet to use any of the Obligation/Duty options, which can increase my stats.

The increase to the two skills is onhold currently, though I am planning on taking the two.

Arent we a quiet bunch :unsure:.  Would love to see your character concept Drammar, like yours a lot @Inquisitor Tremayne! I get the feeling you and Sarones characters could mesh well, seeing how your both Vehicle oriented, perhaps we should run some kind of smuggling ring.  I want to say we should be Pirates really bad, own a base on a backwater world or even a spacestation (though I might have to raise dianoga then..), but I kinda doubt that will fly.

Then again maybe not the most lightside thing to do, if that matters! Perhaps we are kinda Robin Hood like figures.. 

Either way, getting ahead of myself now but I'm just going to put it out there anyways; would be pretty cool if the Superior Officers of the crew took Obligation, while crew members took Duty.  Kind of a captains got to look after his men, gets stressed about it and has to take responsibility when they get in trouble (Military style almost) while the crew have to care of their designated tasks and get pumped up when they do a great job (Hence the wound boost). In a way captains obligation is a crews obligation they just dont carry it on their shoulders. Example: Blackbeard, infamous pirate criminal, but anyone know any of his crews names?  Anyways doubt we will be pirates, but could carry over a similar concept into the Rebel Alliance.

Sorry for the lack of chatter.  Semester is about to start.

I don't know.  If anything, I want to hear more from the rest.

The space station can be cool, depending on where it is.

Also, the focus on the Force Artifacts is a red flag to me, especially in the civil war.  Putting out inquiries for holocrons, light sabers, and Jedi Artifacts is one way to get Inquisitors busting down the door.

I'm partial to a space station.  the whole concept of a planetary homestead doesn't appeal to me since it was first introduced.  A space station however...  :)

Of course, I will go with what the rest of the group and the GM wish to do!

I don't mind the idea of using a space station as a main base.  I just want to have access to some tech.

Just curious, how much information can we use from the various books that are out?  Part of me would like to use them in our campaign.

Perhaps you guys would be best served with a Rebel Base...like from Desperate Allies. 

Since you are starting out at Contribution Rank 1, I'd have no qualms with allowing a free upgrade...say, like, a Training Facility...to your base! Which could well be in a space station, or asteroid, or what have you.