Sign in to follow this  
robertleegrant

Some Space-Rocks.net Praise

I ordered the Armada asteroid and station set from Space Rocks several weeks ago.  If you haven't seen it, it's here and very cool: http://www.space-rocks.net/#!shop/mainPage    Anyway, I never received the product, so today I shot an e-mail to Space Rocks to check on it.   

I got a super nice email back within just a few hours (on a Sunday no less).  They're re-shipping my order and sending me an extra set of asteroids for my trouble.  That is some excellent customer service, and in my opinion, A company worth supporting.  Top notch. 

Praise them, praise them! 

Where are you based, out of curiosity? I also didn't get mine, also got the same response when I emailed.

I'm in the Southern U.S. and the product was shipping from U.K.    Maybe a problem at Royal Mail?   I wonder if in a year from now, some strange space-rocks will show up on our door-steps having circumnavigated the Earth.  

It's very cool to be getting an extra set of asteroids, though.  I can be experimental with my paining and not worry too much.  I have this idea of trying to make one look like a giant golden nugget.  Why I find that hilarious, I'm not really sure. 

Where are you based, out of curiosity? I also didn't get mine, also got the same response when I emailed.

I'm in the Southern U.S. and the product was shipping from U.K.    Maybe a problem at Royal Mail?   I wonder if in a year from now, some strange space-rocks will show up on our door-steps having circumnavigated the Earth.  

It's very cool to be getting an extra set of asteroids, though.  I can be experimental with my paining and not worry too much.  I have this idea of trying to make one look like a giant golden nugget.  Why I find that hilarious, I'm not really sure. 

Be careful with that, I distinctly remember playing at a tournament where someone brought asteroids literally looked liked shiny s**t.

edit: They did say they're having problems with Royal Mail, but that's incredibly generic. Every country I know hates their basic postal service. I like Royal Mail since it always delivered, quite speedily in fact, until now.

Edited by chilligan

I ordered the Armada asteroid and station set from Space Rocks several weeks ago.  If you haven't seen it, it's here and very cool: http://www.space-rocks.net/#!shop/mainPage    Anyway, I never received the product, so today I shot an e-mail to Space Rocks to check on it.   

I got a super nice email back within just a few hours (on a Sunday no less).  They're re-shipping my order and sending me an extra set of asteroids for my trouble.  That is some excellent customer service, and in my opinion, A company worth supporting.  Top notch. 

I am in the exact same boat.  But as of tomorrow it will be 10 days since the replacement order and extras were shipped.  I hope it shows up by Wednesday or I will have to contact them again.  My initial order was well over a month ago.  Sadly, I am starting to think I need to request a refund.

Edited by Edsel62

Hm, don't love hearing this, just ordered a set:(. Could be that they got overwhelmed by the response, to be frank. I actually asked for mine unpainted, in the hope that might get them here quicker, since I will in effect be painting them.

And I have a cool addition for them all painted up... Just need them to get here:)

Hm, don't love hearing this, just ordered a set:(. Could be that they got overwhelmed by the response, to be frank. I actually asked for mine unpainted, in the hope that might get them here quicker, since I will in effect be painting them.

And I have a cool addition for them all painted up... Just need them to get here:)

From what they say, stock isn't the issue. It appears that many of the sets ordered last month got lost in transit. Maybe stuck in customs? In any case I wouldn't worry about your order.

I am in the exact same boat.  But as of tomorrow it will be 10 days since the replacement order and extras were shipped.  I hope it shows up by Wednesday or I will have to contact them again.  My initial order was well over a month ago.  Sadly, I am starting to think I need to request a refund.

Thank the gods I am not the only one

In my case, they definitely didn't get lost in customs. I order from the UK all the time, never had problems. If they don't arrive this week, dunno.

I get that their orders went up, they *should* have stock problems, but they say they don't...

For now, I'm not going to doubt their honesty.

From what they say, stock isn't the issue. It appears that many of the sets ordered last month got lost in transit. Maybe stuck in customs? In any case I wouldn't worry about your order.
I ordered mine on the 9th of last month but did not get it so I emailed him and he recently had PayPal do notifications of when things shipped. So as of today (23AUG) it has been 10 days since the replacement was shipped and since it is Sunday I don't expect it for a day or so. I do wish there was tracking info though. . .

Unfortunately same here! Ordered ages ago, still nothing seen. On the other hand, my mate down the road received his no issues, and they look awesome, had a game the other night with them. All of a sudden asteroids are FAR more menacing!

Sounds like someone at Royal Mail plays Armada as well, and has taken a liking to those asteroids & starbases ;)

I wouldn't doubt the sincerity of the company though, many packages get 'lost' (about 1 in 10 that I order never arrive) and a topic like this makes it look worse since you only get people posting that they didn't get their package either, which makes it look as if no one who ordered from that company got their package ;)

I don't remember exactly as it was back in June, but easily a couple of weeks at least. Do bear in mind these are (or at least were) produced individually. So the total delivery time includes manufacturing as well as shipping & handling.

Hi guys, I’m Mike from Space Rocks :)

ESSAY APPROACHING!

First off, thanks for your understanding. Particular thanks to Lord Tareq, you’ve hit the nail on the head! The vast majority of our orders get to where they should go on time and we have never dispatched anything late. I don’t want you guys to think that we don’t ship stuff or don’t do what we say simply because you’re all talking about it here. Obviously, if you get your order and all is good, there’s no real reason to hit the forums and talk about it! Bad news travels faster than good unfortunately.

Our experience with Royal Mail has been OK, up until recently. But in the UK, there really isn’t an alternative for posting internationally that’s not prohibitively expensive (one of the principle reasons why we’re moving to the US. We want to be able to take advantage of USPS’ tracked services because, from my experience, they’re really good).

About 95% of our international orders get to where they’re going no problem at all. But 5 out of every 100 is quite a high number of rejects, particularly when you’re met with an absolute onslaught of orders, as we have been since beginning of July (thank you all very much by the way! You’re all awesome!)

Despite the onslaught, we’ve not dispatched anything late (by the skin of our teeth!). We’ve had to adjust our production lead time to 10 working days - everything is produced to order, you see. 10 working days is outrageous, I know, but we’ve been growing at a rate of knots and gearing up to get that back down to 1-4 days before dispatch.

We’ve had a few postage issues these past few weeks. What appears to have happened is that a number of big mail bags of orders (about 2 to 4 bags) have been lost/misplaced/thrown into Royal Mail’s sarlacc pit over a period of time bridging July and early August. I can’t be sure of that, but looking at dates of dispatch and talking to our local delivery office, this seems to be the most likely reason. Of course, no one at Royal Mail wants to formally admit that, but I’ve been told hypothetically that’s something that could happen.

What’s really frustrating is that in some of those potential lost bags were replacement orders for previous lost bags…wonderful! So I’d like to say that if anyone who is expecting a replacement order hasn’t received it and they think they should have by now, please let me know by emailing us as you have before and we will send you yet another replacement via a courier not associated with Royal Mail! DON’T contact me here because I can’t monitor the forums and get my hands covered in resin at the same time!

Just to add salt to the wound (by this point, I’m in serious danger of going bald with the amount of hair I’m tearing out), Royal Mail decided to return about 20 orders to us on Satyrday without reason or rhyme. By their own admission, all the paperwork is in order and we’ve not done anything wrong, but they’ve been returned anyway. I’ll be contacting those people today, repackaging & dispatching their order, and offering them compensation for their inconvenience.

On a more positive note, we have changed where we take our post to a larger delivery office slightly further afield and, since doing that, we’ve had no problems at all. We’ve only been doing that for a few weeks so far but it’s looking good. Roll on the move to America!

If anyone has any problems or concerns at all, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me or use our contact form on our website (goes to the same inbox) so that I can get it sorted for you, rather than going gung-ho on your keyboard on Facebook/twitter/forums. Hopefully you can see that we take customer service very seriously and, come hell or high water, we’re going to get your stuff delivered and put a smile of nerdish glee on your face.

END ESSAY.

Thanks for your time guys, we love you all.

Ever respectfully,

Mike @ Space Rocks