Sign in to follow this  
LionCub

Were the challenge decks any good?

While I mostly played as the pilot of the challenge deck, I thoroughly enjoyed them. They're a really cool multiplayer experience if you can't get 4 people together, and are a neat way to try out a new team strategy since they don't require any of your objective sets.

It's a way to have 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 games using 2 kinds of challenge deck: one where a LS player has to keep Luke hidden until the DS players run out of cards and one where a DS player takes on the task of "building" the Death Star (2.0, I think) while 2-3 LS players try to keep this from happening

They debuted at the 2013 world tournament, and were sold a few months later in the Between the Shadows "deluxe" box. They also included a "limit one per objective deck" Objective set for each affiliation.

They are fun to play.

You meant Balance of the Force, right?

They debuted at the 2013 world tournament, and were sold a few months later in the Between the Shadows "deluxe" box. They also included a "limit one per objective deck" Objective set for each affiliation.

They are fun to play.

So am I understanding correctly that the Balance of the Force expansion contains one "Limit 1" Objective set for each of the six affiliations and the rest of the box is devoted to multi-player (and illegal in standard 1v1) play?

Thanks, all.  Just getting in, looking for next purchase.

Edited by jme

You have it sort of right. Balance of the Force contains six "Limit 1 per objective deck" sets, one for each faction, that are optimized for multiplayer but can be used in standard play. The rest of the cards are organized into two challenge decks, The Search for Skywalker and Jerjerrod's Task, which Forensicus described above.