Jump to content
Rogue Dakotan

Homebrew Characters Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, RogueLieutenant said:

DDWR_gPWAAAETY7.jpg

Rebel Honor Guard

Guardian, Brawler

 

 

I feel like we might see these guys one day. A rebel analog to the Royal Guards, but probably with less health and speed or something. 

 

Based on that picture:

Restrictive Helmet: "When you perform an attack, add 1 white die to the target's defense pool." :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blood_Sisters_Concept_Art_01.jpeg

 

Ketsu Onyo

 

Mercenary

Hunter, Brawler

Cost: 5

+1 Damage | ~ pierce 2 | Reach | +Evade 

Blaster Staff: After you perform a melee attack, choose one another enemy within 3 spaces in line of sight. Roll one greed die. The target suffers one damage for each damage result.  

-->Pistoleer: Perform two ranged attacks using a Green die. Each attack gains either +1 Damage or +3 Acc.  

 

Health : 8
Speed: 5
Defense: W
Attack: Melee GY

Edited by RogueLieutenant
made changes again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Ketsu Onyo

 

Mercenary

Hunter, Brawler

Cost: 5

~Cleave 1 | ~Focus 

--> Blaster Staff: After you perform a melee attack, choose one another enemy within 3 spaces in line of sight. Roll one greed die. The target suffers one damage for each damage result.  

-->Pistoleer: Perform two ranged attacks using a green and a yellow die. These attacks may not use abilities or be rerolled by any effect. 

 

Health : 6
Speed: 5
Defense: W
Attack: Melee GY

Pretty neat character design; only issues I see are that she's just a bit too weak:

1. GY is an incredibly weak attack, especially with no damage surges. And you're almost never going to get that Focus off.  A 5-cost figure needs to hit pretty hard to be usable, especially a melee figure. I think you could give her a static +1 Damage and a surge for Pierce 2 and she'd be completely reasonable.

2. 6 HP is too low for a cost of 5, especially with no defensive abilities. I would give her probably 8HP and maybe even a static evade, if that would make sense for her character.

Compare her to Vinto, who has the same cost, speed, and defense die. He has 2 more health, has a significantly more powerful attack, can also perform multiple (more powerful) attacks, and gets a free 2 damage per round (similar to Blaster Staff but more reliable). And he's a ranged character.

In total, give her a +1 Damage, +1 Evade, ~: Pierce 2, and bump her HP to 8 and I think she'd be pretty good. Just my ideas though; you might have other ideas for how to buff her. But she definitely needs a stat bump (or a cost reduction).

Edit: or, instead of the static +1 Damage, you could change her focus surge to ~: +1 Damage, Focus

Edited by Stompburger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Ketsu Onyo

Mercenary

Hunter, Brawler

Cost: 5

~Cleave 1 | ~Focus 

--> Blaster Staff: After you perform a melee attack, choose one another enemy within 3 spaces in line of sight. Roll one greed die. The target suffers one damage for each damage result.  

-->Pistoleer: Perform two ranged attacks using a green and a yellow die. These attacks may not use abilities or be rerolled by any effect. 

 

Health : 6
Speed: 5
Defense: W
Attack: Melee GY

Besides what was mentioned regarding a little extra health and maybe an innate +1DMG, I think she deserves Reach (at least thematically, due to the staff weapon).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Smashotron said:

Besides what was mentioned regarding a little extra health and maybe an innate +1DMG, I think she deserves Reach (at least thematically, due to the staff weapon).

I had thought about that too, but I wasn't sure since it seemed like the staff might be a bit short. But I think you're right that reach makes sense (and is probably appropriate for the power level too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because it's slow at work and I'm running out of things to make on here lol

 

896406-gorax.jpg

Gorax 

Mercenary

Creature, Brawler

Cost: 19 Elite

+2 Block | Reach | Cleave 3 | Massive

 

Slow Attacks: When attacking a small figure, add one white die to the defense pool. 

Furious Swing: Perform an attack against each valid target using one red die. The defender must remove one die from their defense pool. 

Health: 20
Speed: 3
Defense: B
Attack: RRR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Ketsu Onyo

 

Mercenary

Hunter, Brawler

Cost: 5

~1 Damage/Focus | ~ pierce 2 | Reach | +Evade 

--> Blaster Staff: After you perform a melee attack, choose one another enemy within 3 spaces in line of sight. Roll one greed die. The target suffers one damage for each damage result.  

-->Pistoleer: Perform two ranged attacks using a Green and a Yellow die. These attacks may not use abilities. 

 

Health : 8
Speed: 5
Defense: W
Attack: Melee GY

Oops, 1 more thing I forgot: Shouldn't Blaster Staff not be an action? Or it should be an action, but read: "Perform an attack. After the attack resolves..."

Also, I think I definitely prefer the +1 damage built-in vs adding it to the Focus surge. Compare her damage curve with the +1 damage to Davith's (when Davith is hidden). And Davith isn't even that competitive.

Plus, with +1 Damage and +1 Evade, she'd be like a mini-Luke! :D

Also, GY as a ranged attack with no abilities is super weak, just over 50% to deal even 1 damage to a black die. Plus you'd have to be so close to expect to make accuracy it might as well be a melee attack. But just letting her have the +1 damage and ~: Pierce 2 might be too strong... maybe you could do something like:

-->Pistoleer: Perform two ranged attacks, each using a Green die. Apply Pierce 1 and +2 accuracy to each attack.

Then it's a bit like a Junk Droid attacking. You might even be fine swapping the added Pierce 1 for the ability to reroll a die while performing each attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RogueLieutenant said:

because it's slow at work and I'm running out of things to make on here lol

 

896406-gorax.jpg

Gorax 

Mercenary

Creature, Brawler

Cost: 19 Elite

+2 Block | Reach | Cleave 3 | Massive

 

Slow Attacks: When attacking a small figure, add one white die to the defense pool. 

Furious Swing: Perform an attack against each valid target using one red die. The defender must remove one die from their defense pool. 

Health: 20
Speed: 3
Defense: B
Attack: RRR

Now that we're getting another big vehicle, I wouldn't mind another creature sometime soon.  Maybe another creature in a blister.  Gorax is pretty big, but if they could pull it off it'd be pretty cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha yeah Gorax is too big for this game I think. 

Wookieepedia says this: 

Rancor: Average height    5 meters (16 feet)

Gorax: Average height     6 - 30 meters

 

Unless you just made the Gorax figure was just two feet tokens the size of large bases. and made the speed 6. movement could be spent on either foot but the feet must always be a certain number of spaces to each other. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a 6 meter one wouldn't be too bad, but I wouldn't want a runt of the litter.  

 

The Star Wars Mount and Blade mod (in my opinion, the best Star Wars videogame experience out there) let you recruit baby rancors- and while it was cool to make a whole army of them to charge at your enemies, you couldn't help but wish you were getting the full deal.  I think a minimal gorax would have kinda the same effect, at least for people who knew better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Next we need the Zillo Beast. :P

60 some meters. 

ZilloBeast-SW.png

Mercenary

Creature, Brawler

500 points

+50 damage | + 3 DODGE | Super Massive

Health: 75
Speed: 1
Defense: -
Attack: Melee Y


:P:P

 

With my luck, my opponents would pretty consistently roll dodges whenever I attacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Rikalonius said:

Since Star Wars is owned by Disney, I say this guy is Star Wars canon.  What two abilities would make him unique?  And would his power armor be a 3xp or 4Xp ability.

Buzz_custom_char_small.jpg

Super Karate Chop - Action, 2 Strain- Perform mele attack against adjecent enemy, RR, attack gains Pierce 1

(Only Healthy side:)

Polycarbon wings: 2 Strain - during your activation you can move up to 4 squares. Then become Weaken.

 

3XP: Using Polycarbon Wings do not provoke asigning Weaken

4XP: Super Karate Chop gains Pierce 3 instead of Pierce 1.

Edited by Shwarrz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking of some kind of melee attack for sure.  I'm picturing a non-armored Buzz at the start of the campaign.   How about this: Karate Chop - 2 Strain: attack an adjacent character with (melee attack) 1 R, 1Y  surge: Pierce 1, weaken.

No Be There: Add +1 Evade when attacked by an adjacent character.   yes, I know it is close to   Verena's duck and weave.  

For his weapon I was thinking: Standard Star Command Laser Rifle: (ranged) 1R 1Y +2 accuracy; Surge: pierce 2. 

Health: 14

Endurance:  5

Speed: 4

Defense: W

Attributes:  (S) BGY  (I) BG  (T) B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

Since Star Wars is owned by Disney, I say this guy is Star Wars canon.  What two abilities would make him unique?  And would his power armor be a 3xp or 4Xp ability.

Buzz_custom_char_small.jpg

IF he doesn't have have skill called "to infinity and beyond!", then what are we even doing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fightwookies said:

IF he doesn't have have skill called "to infinity and beyond!", then what are we even doing here?

Well, I agree with that, but that will be someplace in his Abilities deck.  Or his command cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 10:07 PM, Fightwookies said:

IF he doesn't have have skill called "to infinity and beyond!", then what are we even doing here?

1 XP: I Come in Peace: At the end of your activation, if you did not perform an attack, recover 2 damage.

1 XP: No Sign of Intelligent Life Anywhere: 1 STRAIN: Exhaust this card and choose another hero within 3 spaces. You each test INSIGHT. If you roll more successes than they do, you become Focused.

2 XP: Use Your Head: Special Action: push an adjacent friendly figure up to 3 spaces to a space adjacent to a door or object; it suffers 4 damage and the figure suffers 1 Damage.

2 XP: To the Rescue: Exhaust this card when you enter a space adjacent to a friendly figure who has suffered more damage than you. You and the figure each gain 1 Block Power Token.

3 XP: From Stun to Kill: Your attacks gain: ~: Stun | While attacking a figure with a harmful condition, your attacks gain: +2 Damage.

3 XP: Academy Training: Apply +2 Health and +1 Speed to your hero. Whenever you perform a Tech or Insight test, apply +1 surge to the results. 

4 XP: Not Today:  2 Strain: Exhaust this card after an attack targeting you or a friendly figure within 2 spaces resolves. If the defender suffered 4 or more damage, you may  interrupt to move up to 3 spaces, become focused, then perform an attack targeting the attacker.

4 XP: To Infinity and Beyond!: 1 Strain, Special Action: Exhaust this card and roll 1 green die. Each object and hostile figure within 2 spaces suffers damage equal to the damage results. Then you may move a number of spaces up to your speed.

Edited by Stompburger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stompburger said:

1 XP: I Come in Peace: At the end of your activation, if you did not perform an attack, recover 2 damage.

1 XP: No Sign of Intelligent Life Anywhere: 1 STRAIN: Exhaust this card. Chose another hero within 3 spaces. You each test INSIGHT. If you roll more successes than they do, you become Focused.

2 XP: Use Your Head: Special Action: push an adjacent friendly figure up to 3 spaces to a space adjacent to a door or object; it suffers 4 damage and the figure suffers 1 Damage.

2 XP: To the Rescue: Exhaust this card when you enter a space adjacent to a friendly figure who has suffered more damage than you. You and the figure each gain 1 Block Power Token.

3 XP: From Stun to Kill: Your attacks gain: ~: Stun | While attacking a figure with a harmful condition, your attacks gain: +2 Damage.

3 XP: Academy Training: Apply +2 Health and +1 Speed to your hero. Whenever you perform a Tech or Insight test, apply +1 surge to the results. 

4 XP: Not Today:  2 Strain: Exhaust this card after an attack targeting you or an adjacent friendly figure resolves. If the defender suffered 4 or more damage, you may  interrupt to move up to 3 spaces, become focused, then perform an attack targeting the attacker.

4 XP: To Infinity and Beyond!: 1 Strain, Special Action: Exhaust this card and roll 1 green die. Each object and hostile figure within 2 spaces suffers damage equal to the damage results. Then you may move a number of spaces up to your speed.

I LOVE the effort.  This is some good stuff to think about.  I would probably use the phrase Academy training to the 1xp tier, and I'd want his armor to be 3 or 4 xp, like Biv's trophy armor, but this is good stuff.  I love No Sign of Intelligent Life Anywhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 1:04 PM, RogueLieutenant said:

Ketsu Onyo

 

Mercenary

Hunter, Brawler

Cost: 5

+1 Damage | ~ pierce 2 | Reach | +Evade 

Blaster Staff: After you perform a melee attack, choose one another enemy within 3 spaces in line of sight. Roll one greed die. The target suffers one damage for each damage result.  

-->Pistoleer: Perform two ranged attacks using a Green die. Each attack gains either +1 Damage or +3 Acc.  

 

Health : 8
Speed: 5
Defense: W
Attack: Melee GY

I really like this character. They'd be a good ally for campaign!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 11:24 AM, Rikalonius said:

I LOVE the effort.  This is some good stuff to think about.  I would probably use the phrase Academy training to the 1xp tier, and I'd want his armor to be 3 or 4 xp, like Biv's trophy armor, but this is good stuff.  I love No Sign of Intelligent Life Anywhere.

 

Thanks! Yeah, I was mainly throwing some ideas out there for fun and for the sake of brainstorming. I looked up all the Buzz Lightyear quotes from Toy Story 1 and just came up with an ability that seemed to fit :D. Without having his core abilities nailed down it's hard to come up with a cohesive ability set though; there should probably be 1 or 2 abilities that interact with his core abilities.

I agree, he should probably have his armor in there (unless it's a core ability or a reward card?). And No Sign of Intelligent Life Anywhere is one of my favorites too - though he'd probably have to have a better Insight pool. Maybe STR: BG, INS: BGG, TECH: BY? I feel like as a space explorer his TECH should be high. Maybe then his Power Armor could boost his STR skill!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 10:06 PM, Rikalonius said:

For his weapon I was thinking: Standard Star Command Laser Rifle: (ranged) 1R 1Y +2 accuracy; Surge: pierce 2. 

Shouldn't his starting weapon be his Wrist Laser? Maybe:

GG, ~: Pierce 1, ~: Pierce 1 | Exhaust this weapon while attacking to apply +2 ACC to the attack results. [because he can use it as a spotting laser, even if he's attacking with another weapon]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stompburger said:

Shouldn't his starting weapon be his Wrist Laser? Maybe:

GG, ~: Pierce 1, ~: Pierce 1 | Exhaust this weapon while attacking to apply +2 ACC to the attack results. [because he can use it as a spotting laser, even if he's attacking with another weapon]

I think you are right.  I was considering this on my run today.  I was thinking of making his primary ability the karate chop, but then his secondary ability Academy Training: Dodge cannot be cancelled.

Then, as you said, give him his wrist laser as a piece of equipment (and some of his ability cards build on his suit like wings, survival gear etc, so that by the end of the campaign he's full fledged Buzz.  

Anyway, I like your wrist laser idea.  How about this: GG (surge) Pierce 1; (surge) Pierce 1.  |  Exhaust this card to apply +2 ACC OR +1 result to (strength) tests OR +1 (damage) to doors or terminals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...