Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Calling All Players—Play By Post Sign Up

Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future - 8

1. *FCastor - Human Warrior (Shii-Cho Knight, Force Sensitive Emergent)

2. *Sarone - "Droid/cybernetics researcher and engineer"

3. *kaosoe - ? Consular (Niman Disciple)

4. *Revanchist7 - ?

7. *Korro Zal - Zabrak Consular (Niman Disciple)

11. ColonelCommissar - ? Seeker (Pathfinder, Shien Expert)

13. Silver Crane - Human Guardian (Soresu Defender, Protector)

17. Otterjethro - ?

Hmm...  I'm the kind of player that doesn't like to share a niche. So I may pick a different career or spec since we got another person wanting to play a Niman Disciple. Sorry FCastor, I know you wanted to tie our characters together down the road.

I'll think on it and see what else sounds like fun.

I think I would like to play a Makashi Duelist in the first campaign if possible. Seems like no one expressed strong interest in that yet. Possibly a Twi'lek but that is more undecided.

Edited by OtterJethro

Technically you are not too late as sign up period will be open for another 18 hours or so. Which of the two campaigns would you be interested in joining? I am keeping a record to give the GM a hand (check the previous page to see it).

Alright! I'm honestly ok with either with little preferance for one or the other though I was considering playing a Hutt character. Honestly I think I'm a little more interested in Shadows of the Future, but only a smidgen..

I'm building a Mandalorian human for the shadows of the future game.  Career is Hired Gun but have bought into Sharpshooter and Commando from AoR.  The idea being that my character has gone from mercenary work to being a part of one of these rebel cells.   Knight level is +9000 credits, correct?   And I was considering having Duty and Obligation, but if it's easier I can just pick one.

Sounds great!

And yes, Knight Level simply adds 9,000 to your starting credits.

I would be interested, but I am still learning my way with this system, and would be a newbie to P by P.

One question is would everyone being playing force characters from the book? If so my route would be either

Guardian healer, or Sentinel Artisan.

If you are full I will be glad to just watch and learn. Otherwise this would be my trial by fire. AKA "you are not going to learn unless you jump in!"

For species I am thinking a human, a twilek or cerean... Unless corellian would be available... A corellian tinkerer with force sensitivity? None archetypal?

Edited by tmccollum

The following should be correct. I have made two lists, one that is by order of priority (i.e. the order in which interest was expressed in the other thread -those are the people with the asterisk, by the way- followed by the order in which interest was expressed in this thread) and a second one that splits the various interested people by both campaign and priority.

By order of priority...

1. *FCastor - Human Warrior (Shii-Cho Knight, Force Sensitive Emergent) Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

2. *Sarone - "Droid/cybernetics researcher and engineer" Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

3. *kaosoe - ? Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

4. *Revanchist7 - Human (Mandalorian) Hired Gun (?, Commando, Sharpshooter) Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

5. *Vrussk - Hutt Seeker (Pathfinder) Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future ("Slight preference, ok with either of the two campaigns")

6. *TCArknight - ? Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

7. *Jon D - ? Sentinel (Shadow, Shii-Cho Knight) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

8. *Crazy Aido - Nautolan Guardian (Soresu Defender) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

9. *Korro Zal - Zabrak Consular (Niman Disciple) Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

10. *ApocalypseZero - Gank Smuggler (Gunslinger) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

11. Jereru - ? Mystic (Seer, ?) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

12. BigSpoon - ? Seeker (Ataru Striker) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

13. ColonelCommissar - ? Seeker (Pathfinder, Shien Expert) Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

14. Nimsim - Hutt Warrior (Aggressor) or ? Consular (Niman Disciple) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

15. Silver Crane - Human Guardian (Soresu Defender, Protector) Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

16. Inquisitor Tremayne - Kel Dor Guardian (Peacekeeper) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

17. Dramar - ? ?

18. drbraininajar - ? Mystic (Advisor) or ? Consular (Sage) Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy

19. Otterjethro - ? Mystic (Makashi Duelist) Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future

20. Lotr_Nerd - Drall Consular (Healer) "Either campaign"

21. tmccollum - ? ?

And by campaign along with priority...

Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future - 9
3. *kaosoe - ?
4. *Revanchist7 - Human (Mandalorian) Hired Gun (?, Commando, Sharpshooter)

5. *Vrussk - Hutt Seeker (Pathfinder) ("Slight preference, ok with either of the two campaigns")
9. *Korro Zal - Zabrak Consular (Niman Disciple)
13. ColonelCommissar - ? Seeker (Pathfinder, Shien Expert)
15. Silver Crane - Human Guardian (Soresu Defender, Protector)

19. Otterjethro - ? Mystic (Makashi Duelist)

Campaign 2: Heirs to the Legacy - 9

6. *TCArknight - ?

7. *Jon D - ? Sentinel (Shadow, Shii-Cho Knight)
8. *Crazy Aido - Nautolan Guardian (Soresu Defender)
10. *ApocalypseZero - Gank Smuggler (Gunslinger)
11. Jereru - ? Mystic (Seer, ?)
12. BigSpoon - ? Seeker (Ataru Striker)

14. Nimsim - Hutt Warrior (Aggressor) or ? Consular (Niman Disciple)
16. Inquisitor Tremayne - Kel Dor Guardian (Peacekeeper)
18. drbraininajar - ? Mystic (Advisor) or ? Consular (Sage)

Flexible or Undecided - 3
17. Dramar - ?

20. Lotr_Nerd - Drall Consular (Healer)

21. tmccollum - ?

Also, keep in mind that there are still 9-10 hours to go and that there is, I believe, one more person that did express interest in the other thread that has not done so here yet. So the whole thing is still in progress more or less.

Campaign 1: Shadows of the Future - 8
3. *kaosoe - ? Consular (Niman Disciple)
4. *Revanchist7 - ?
7. *Korro Zal - Zabrak Consular (Niman Disciple)
11. ColonelCommissar - ? Seeker (Pathfinder, Shien Expert)
13. Silver Crane - Human Guardian (Soresu Defender, Protector)

17. Otterjethro - ?

Hmm...  I'm the kind of player that doesn't like to share a niche. So I may pick a different career or spec since we got another person wanting to play a Niman Disciple. Sorry FCastor, I know you wanted to tie our characters together down the road.

I'll think on it and see what else sounds like fun.

No worries, mate. Just play what you would prefer to play.

Edited by FCastor

I'll do the Heirs to the Legacy campaign.

I would like to play a Hutt Warrior/Aggressor, if that's okay. If the GM would prefer I not play a Hutt, I'll go for a Consular Niman Disciple.

I could have been clearer. I mentioned here and here on the initital "interest" thread that the people who spoke up there would have dibs (in other words be considered as "automatically interested") since they had already spoken up, and had really had a hand in actually starting this whole process up. Or at least, in getting me off my keister to run a game :)

Here is a sample from the previous thread:

I'll get a ball rolling here in a couple days with a "call for players" thread, where we will have our "Session 0," and I'll give you guys first dibs (I'll PM you in order of posting your interest here...if there ends up being a wait list, I'll extend it 48 hours before I give your reserved spots to late comers).

And where I mentioned it in the OP of this thread...

I'll give it a 48 hour sign-up window, with the fine folks who spoke up first in the initial "interest" thread having first dibbs, and otherwise accepting players on a first-come basis. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Like I said, I definitely could have been clearer. Stick around though; I am hoping to arrive at a good compromise given the surprising amount of responses here.

EDIT: And given the above post, I thought THIS post was first and foremost. (Didn't realize the other post counted.) I'll leave this list here for this thread anyways.

Here is the list of people in order who have posted in this thread looking to join the games. With there being a 6 player cap on each game, the first twelve get slots first. Yes, that puts me at 13, but it was stated that first come, first serve. Even if someone wants the first campaign and it is full, they get precedence on the second one.

1.) FCaster

2.) Korro Zal

3.) Revinchrist

4.) Crazy Aldo

5.) Jon D

6.) Jereru

7.) Big Spoon

8.) ColonelCommissar

9.) Kaosoe

10.) Nimsim

11.) Silver Crane

12.) Inquisitor Tremayne

13.) ApocalypseZero

14.) Dramar

15.) Sarone

16.) drbraininajar

17.) Otterjethro

18.) TCArknight

19.) Vruusk

20.) Lotr_nerd

21.) tmccollum

22.) vilainn6

Edited by ApocalypseZero

I would love to join in as well if any sort of spot opens up.  I realize that I am pretty far down the lists, but I would be eager to hop into either campaign if a spot becomes available. I would play a Human (I think), Consular (Healer or Sage). Thank you for any consideration.

Ok, I'm curious about something:

How much of an impact would our characters have on the galaxy?  Would our choices help out the galaxy at large?

I'm thinking about changing the direction of my character to a technician, between either starship engineering and being a droid engineer.

I would also want to be able to provide assistance to other groups with their gear.  This way any groups we get to we can have a better support from various groups.

Hmm... Let me see if I can help clarify things, if the GM does not mind.

In the other thread (I created that thread to ask about the state of PbP games and whether people play in such games here or elsewhere) twelve people expressed interest in playing in a PbP after awayputurwpn said he would run one (or two, it seems); Blackbird888 showed interest but withdrew it soon after, and Rakaydos did post in the other thread but unfortunately he did so after the creation of this one. But because not all interested initially may continue to be interested, awayputurwpn created a Sign Up or Recruitment thread of his own to get the ball rolling and see who was actually interested in playing, both from the original twelve and anyone else. However, the original twelve, as I understand it, would have priority or "dibs", seeing as how they had already said they were interested, but they would have to post in this thread as well and restate their interest for the "dibs" to work.

Now, of those twelve, only evanfardreamer withdrew his interest, while the other eleven posted here and said they were still interested in playing. The order for them is the one in the other thread instead of this one, at least that is how I understand it and the GM can correct me. And that order as determined by the order that interest was expressed in the original thread is:

FCastor, Sarone, kaosoe, vilainn6, Revanchist7, Vrussk, TCArknight, Jon D, Crazy Aido, Korro Zal, ApocalypseZero.

Of course, that is how I understand it and the GM has the final word.

Another thing to keep in mind, by the way, is that PbPs tend to suffer from player attrition as people quite often find themselves unable to play or no longer interested in the game, in which case reserves can be called upon to fill those empty spots. So, even if one does not get in at the beginning, one may very well get in at a later time if asked and they are still interested in playing.

By the way, awayputurwpn, if you do not object, once you have declared the sign up period over, I will make one last post with the list and all that.

Edited by FCastor

Since I am already playing and running 2 Star wars PBF, I will step back and give my seat to someone else. I can even Gm for a third group if you want. Unfortunetly, I dont have cool ideas  like awayputurwrpn's one at the moment, so it would probably end up being the beginner adventure and its follow up part.

Okay we're about there, everyone. I'm tired and I want to go to bed, so I'm calling it here at 47.5 hours ;)

I present to you the 18 (yes, 18) first-responders in order of dibs (respect the dibs):

Fcastor

Revanchist7

kaosoe

Sarone

vilainn6

TCArknight

Jon D

Crazy Aido

Korro Zal

Vrussk

ApocalypseZero

Jereru

BigSpoon

ColonelCommissar

Nimsim

Silver Crane

Inquisitor Tremayne

Dramar

I have simplified you all into 3 categories: Shadows, Heirs, and "flexible." This actually works out fairly well. 

Although not everyone who wants to play in Heirs will have that chance, the good (?) news is that I will be opening a THIRD and final game. We have two proposed Force-sensitive Hutts, which is weird to me, but hey, I ain't judging. I'll propose a "Homestead" setting for this particular game, and might go so far as to say that we should try standard starting XP (no Knight Level). In any case, I kind of liked the idea of a Hutt trying to start his own kajidic (a recent topic of discussion on these boards) so maybe that could be fun? We can start in a (more or less) canon-friendly universe during the Galactic Civil War, and then see how things go from there (my games usually assume that the universe is canon until the players start playing). 

Shadows of the Future:

Fcastor

Revanchist7

kaosoe

Sarone

Korro Zal

Silver Crane

Heirs to the Legacy:

vilainn6

TCArknight

Jon D

Crazy Aido

ApocalypseZero

Jereru

The Other, Other, Other Red Meat:

Vrussk

ColonelCommissar

Dramar

BigSpoon

Nimsim

Inquisitor Tremayne

If you "Flexible" three and the three who are overflowed from Heirs of the Legacy (Vrussk, ColonelCommissar, Dramar, BigSpoon, Nimsim, and Inquisitor Tremayne) absolutely hate everything about that last idea, or if you just want to throw a hydrospanner in my plans and not play a Hutt PC after all, we can tweak things or just go back to the drawing board. Definitely want to run something that will be fun. 

drbraininajar, OtterJethro, Lotr_nerd, tmccollum, and Rakaydos; sorry to have to turn you guys away for now. Perhaps someone else would like to GM a fourth game?

I hope everyone is happy with the assignments. I will get an OOC thread for each game up within 24 hours and we can start getting down & dirty with character creation.

Thanks everyone!