Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyMuffin

Looking to Have Some Wave VII Fun at a Tournament This Weekend!

I was able to acquire one of each from Wave VII via a friend who went to Gen-Con and there's a non-sanctioned tournament at our FLGS this weekend where I can pretty much guarantee that I will be the only one there with access to Wave VII.  I've already got the go-ahead from the TO to use Wave VII, but now the question is, what do I run?

I would love to run a YV-666 build just for the sheer shock value, but I'm also an Imperial player at heart so using the Punisher would be cool too.

If you had this opportunity, what would you fly?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

We had a tourney this Sunday and our local Imp Player ran:

Whisper with FCS, VI, Gunner, and ACD

Academy TIE

Redline with MK II engine, FCS, Extra Mun, Conc Missiles, Cluster Missiles, and ION Bombs

And Redline was a BEAST! He loves the list... And says he wouldn't change it a bit!

I've been playing around on the 'ol Squad Builder and came up with this for a YV-666 build

Latts Razzi — YV-666 33
Gunner 5
K4 Security Droid 3
Weapons Engineer 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Hound's Tooth 6

Cartel Spacer — M3-A Interceptor 14
"Mangler" Cannon 4
Stealth Device 3
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) 2

Cartel Spacer — M3-A Interceptor 14
"Mangler" Cannon 4
Stealth Device 3
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) 2

I don't know. I haven't settled on one list yet. And actually, you don't have a lot of points to spend on that configuration of pilots, so it's not very good. I might stick Predator on Talonbane and Stealth Devices on the Scyks and  call it a day.

I've been playing around on the 'ol Squad Builder and came up with this for a YV-666 build

Latts Razzi — YV-666 33

Gunner 5

K4 Security Droid 3

Weapons Engineer 3

Engine Upgrade 4

Hound's Tooth 6

Granted, it was only a couple rounds. But: I flew Super Dash and Corran against Latts and an Aggressor, and, well: if your opponent doesn't focus Latts, you're fine. But if your opponent does focus Latts she's doing to die, she's going to die quickly, and it's extremely unlikely she'll earn her points back. I would drop nearly all of those upgrades, because that ship melts and you can't afford to have so many points vaporize so quickly. 

Edited by mxlm

Talonbane Cobra w/ Predator (31)

Syndicate Thug w/ BTL-A4 title, Twin Laser Turret and Unhinged Astromech (25)

Syndicate Thug w/ BTL-A4 title, Twin Laser Turret and Unhinged Astromech (25)

N'Dru Suhlak w/ Lone Wolf (19)

TOTAL: 100

Have fun!

Edited by Danthrax

I would run a loaded deathrain (10 points worth of upgrades) and 4 scimitar squadron Tie Bombers(empty) purely for the look. However that is not a good list in any way shape or form!

If you are inclined to run it though:

BOMBER SWARM!

100 points

PILOTS

“Deathrain” (36)
TIE Punisher (26), Extra Munitions (2), Flechette Torpedoes (2), Advanced Homing Missiles (3), Ion Bombs (2), Munitions Failsafe (1)

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16) x 4

Edited by FlyingAnchors

I was able to acquire one of each from Wave VII via a friend who went to Gen-Con and there's a non-sanctioned tournament at our FLGS this weekend where I can pretty much guarantee that I will be the only one there with access to Wave VII.  I've already got the go-ahead from the TO to use Wave VII, but now the question is, what do I run?

I would love to run a YV-666 build just for the sheer shock value, but I'm also an Imperial player at heart so using the Punisher would be cool too.

If you had this opportunity, what would you fly?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't mean to be a wet blanket here...  I know you got the okay from the TO, but will the other players be displeased that you'll be running cards that they won't have access to?

I would run a loaded deathrain (10 points worth of upgrades) and 4 scimitar squadron Tie Bombers(empty) purely for the look. However that is not a good list in any way shape or form!

That's OK.  I'm really not looking to go to the tourney to win.  They're giving out a Summer kit and I already won a Summer Tournament.  I really just want to go and use the new ships.  We have a good group of players and I know they would appreciate being able to play against some Wave VII before it hits the masses.

Thanks!

I don't mean to be a wet blanket here...  I know you got the okay from the TO, but will the other players be displeased that you'll be running cards that they won't have access to?

Naw, it's cool.  See below.

That's OK.  I'm really not looking to go to the tourney to win.  They're giving out a Summer kit and I already won a Summer Tournament.  I really just want to go and use the new ships.  We have a good group of players and I know they would appreciate being able to play against some Wave VII before it hits the masses.

If you're solid with TIE Bomber squads, snuggle up with your new Punisher (personally, I'm a fan of Deathrain).

If you want to get the most new ships on the table, then you must play Scum; Bossk is quite solid (especially with Greedo) but you've got to fly the YV carefully so you don't get stuck with your tail hanging in the breeze (fast TIEs like to get back there and burn lizardmen out of the sky). And nothing glooms an opponent like spending all of his resources to take down the Hound's Tooth and then having an annoying Z-95 pop out to deliver the final killshot.

If you'd like to run the K-Wing, consider pairing it with an E-Wing; I've had some success between Etahn/R2-D2 and Miranda regaining health and flinging crits.