Sign in to follow this  
nathanaelsmith88

Wave 2 Speculations

Fact #1: According to the Newt, wave 2 was pushed back by the Ep. VII "stuff." Some of the X-Wing stuff was leaked, but I bet there will be a few more items released in early September.

Fact #2: We have received no new news articles on Wave 2 since its initial announcement, only a few strategy articles.

Postulation on Fact #2: It would appear these were written to tide us over as they were not ready to start leaking wave 2 details.

Postulation on the lack of wave 2 spoilers: FFG won't spoil wave 2 details, and thus get us excited about buying it, if there is already something for us to buy. 

Prediction #1: There will be at least two armada products coming in early September that tie into Ep. VII. One of them will be the new star destroyer.

Prediction #2: Once those are released, we will start seeing Wave 2 articles. 

Why I am probably wrong: FFG is probably not getting us excited about Wave 2 products so that we will purchase the new stuff from the game we don't play as much anymore (X-Wing). I don't know how much time FFG had to design the new tie fighter and x-wing, but it stand to reason that armada products take longer to design and play-test. Therefore, we may not be seeing them until Wave 3 or 4. 

Why prediction #1 feels wrong: Why would we get a new star destroyer when we don't have the ISD yet?

I think what this all comes down to is: WE NEED MORE INFO!!!!!!

Sorry for yelling :(. I can only read the "Here they come" article so many times.

Hopefully on 9/4 FFG will give us some good info that we can sink our teeth into.

Edited by kami689

Wave 2 stuff will get here when it gets here.  Speculation based on very little information just gets people's underwear in a bunch.  I wouldn't expect to see Episode 7 ships in Armada until Wave 3, if not later.

Why post in the Wave 2 speculation thread just to say don't speculate on wave 2?

I'm going to say we won't see jack squat on 9/4 for Armada. It'll be an awesome day to be an X Wing fan.

At best, we get either a delivery date or we get an article. Probably the article because its the less exciting option next to my original idea.

I hope I'm wrong, but Armada seems to be the forgotten child in the FFG family.

Well since X-Wing is getting a retool for their Core Sets to the new movie I expect we shall also have the same for us but in about a year or so. 

I think we are being held back on info because they plan to shock us with something. What, I dont know that yet. 

While I would love to entertain thoughts of surprise ships for wave 2, I find it more likely we are simply dealing with overseas production delays. While I am not claiming they are the same animal as FFG' supplier, I have dealt with overseas machine component manufacturing on several occasions, from Argentina to Italy to India & China... There are always delays. I think FFG was forced to choose the products that would be on time and delayed.

Wave 2 of Armada is being held up by overseas production lag. Thats my bet.

I think they may wait until a few of the movies are out before they do a retool or release for Armada, however, I expect X-Wing releases to tie in to each movie

Reasoning:

Looking at the formula for the last 2 trilogies, the first movie of each introduced several classes of starfighters for each faction

EP4 - X-Wing, Y-Wing, Falcon, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced

EP1 - Naboo Fighter, Droid Fighter, Naboo Councillor ship (ok, stretching it a bit there

Now, capitals were introduced in each movie, but only one or two, and never fighting.However, large capital ships FOR EACH FACTION, in combat, did not appear until the conclusive episode for each

EP6 - Mon Cals, corvettes and nebulons fighting ISDs and SSD

EP3 - Venator SD, Acclamator Assault Ship fighting fighting CIS cruisers, frigates, driod control ships

So unless JJ breaks from the norm and puts a big starship battle in the FA, I doubt we will see that much for Armada for a little while.

Happy to be proven wrong of course

I highly doubt that Armada is getting anything for EP VII anytime soon. The EPVII stuff causing the delay will just be the new X-Wing core set and associated models which I imagine will be being churned out in unprecedented numbers as FFG doesn't want to fail to meet demand once the Force Awakens merch blitz begins. The last thing they need is a repeat of most new X-Wing players experience over the last year and a half where coming into the game they couldn't purchase vital expansions like the Millennium Falcon for months at a time. 

I assume that one of the reasons they are holding fire on the release articles is that even they don't know when Armada Wave 2 will hit the shelves so they don't want to hype people till theres something to be hyped about. Its a crying shame, but the release schedule on Armada has been so dogged with delays that I worry its going to kill the game for some early adopters. I know X-Wing had nearly exactly the same problems starting out but there really is no reason why history should repeat itself.

I'm going with the 'production delays' theory......... Maybe wave 2 missed a key deadline, for whatever reason, and FFG had to switch production to the new Ep7 Core Set for X- Wing, to enable them to get it into the shops for Sept 4th. November is my optimistic guess for Wave 2, happy to be proved wrong!! Hope I'm wrong actually ;)

I'm going with the 'production delays' theory......... Maybe wave 2 missed a key deadline, for whatever reason, and FFG had to switch production to the new Ep7 Core Set for X- Wing, to enable them to get it into the shops for Sept 4th. November is my optimistic guess for Wave 2, happy to be proved wrong!! Hope I'm wrong actually ;)

What makes you think the new X-wing Force Awakens Core Set is hitting on September 4th?  Despite there being a leak of images, there has been no form of confirmation or announcement of a new core set for x-wing.  I would expect to see the new x-wing core set showing up after the film's release, perhaps in the new year or possibly well timed for Christmas.  

as for Armada wave 2.....no news is bad news it seems.

Wave 2 stuff will get here when it gets here.  Speculation based on very little information just gets people's underwear in a bunch.  I wouldn't expect to see Episode 7 ships in Armada until Wave 3, if not later.

Why post in the Wave 2 speculation thread just to say don't speculate on wave 2?

For the same reason that nuclear reactors have control rods.

The more I think about it, I suspect something delayed wave 2 Armada in the design just enough that it missed the window to get in before the Episode VII products had to be made.  All the Episode VII stuff (I suspect X-Wing, maybe a stand alone game, and possibly an RPG core book)pushed out the Armada manufacturing and that is why we are where we are.  X-Wing Wave 7 and Imperial Assault Wave 2 made it into production before that and their schedules are less impacted.  (Which is why we have IA Wave 3 and X-Wing Wave 8 announced.  And Wave 8 has production numbers that have a gap for the Episode VII stuff.)

Again, just my speculations.  I really hope Armada Wave 3 is announced soon and uses a lot of old WEG/EU ships rather than new stuff like the Raider.  Based on my bad experiences with WOTC's SSB, I just hope there is a wave 3!

Thanks,

Duncan

The more I think about it, I suspect something delayed wave 2 Armada in the design just enough that it missed the window to get in before the Episode VII products had to be made.  All the Episode VII stuff (I suspect X-Wing, maybe a stand alone game, and possibly an RPG core book)pushed out the Armada manufacturing and that is why we are where we are.  X-Wing Wave 7 and Imperial Assault Wave 2 made it into production before that and their schedules are less impacted.  (Which is why we have IA Wave 3 and X-Wing Wave 8 announced.  And Wave 8 has production numbers that have a gap for the Episode VII stuff.)

Again, just my speculations.  I really hope Armada Wave 3 is announced soon and uses a lot of old WEG/EU ships rather than new stuff like the Raider.  Based on my bad experiences with WOTC's SSB, I just hope there is a wave 3!

Thanks,

Duncan

If there is no Armada stuff on September 4 I am guessing Wave 3 will include the Ep VII ships. Personally I am hoping for some Armada goodies, an RPG source book and the new X-Wing Starter set on the fourth.

What makes you think the new X-wing Force Awakens Core Set is hitting on September 4th?  Despite there being a leak of images, there has been no form of confirmation or announcement of a new core set for x-wing.  I would expect to see the new x-wing core set showing up after the film's release, perhaps in the new year or possibly well timed for Christmas.  

as for Armada wave 2.....no news is bad news it seems.

What an uninformed post. A few things:

1) At GenCon, the president of Fantasy Flight Games confirmed that FFG had Episode VII product on the boat and it would be READY for the September 4th merchandising launch. So we know things were already on their way from China, in the midst transit, at the beginning of August.

2) All companies creating Episode VII merchandise are on a strict non-disclosure agreement preventing them from announcing or revealing any of these products until September 4th. Many of these companies want things to be on sale as soon as they are announced, so September 4th also became the release date for many things. FFG is not able to talk about, advertise, announce, or even confirm the existence of (aside from the general "Episode VII stuff exists") anything Episode VII related until September 4th without breaching their contract with Disney/Lucasfilm.

3) FFG doesn't sit on product. Once it comes over on the boat, it is immediately turned around and shipped to stores. There is NO WAY something not coming out until December is sitting in a warehouse somewhere now waiting for then. If you have seen the pictures, there is very clearly standard warehouse equipment in the background (source: nearly 10 years experience with said equipment). These pictures were taken after the product shipped from China and arrived at its destination, most likely in the US. This stuff is coming soon. If stores don't have it on September 4th, expect it the week after.

Long story short, due to information embargoes on the unreleased Star Wars film, FFG can't tell you about product like they normally would. Expect it in the first couple weeks of September.