Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Don't post leaked info / images here!

Yup I know it's been said about 100 times lately, but honestly we need a stickied thread.  FFG please consider stickying a thread, like this one, at least temporarily. 

IF you stumble across some leaked information of photos, please do not post them here on this message board.   FFG will erase it.   And chances are, everyone here has seen it too, and has seen countless threads already erased.  You aren't the first one to see it, and you aren't spoiling it for anyone else.   Unless it's been announced by FFG, you probably can't post leaked spoilers for it here.  

It's hard to blame people to might just now be coming here expecting to find discussion about these leaks.... and due to all the deleted threads, it might seem like nobody even knows.    Basicaly, this will lead to more and more people making threads. 

You have never had kids have you.

Try telling your 16 year old to NOT do something.

Well, firstly you start by actually telling them.

But they're not, they're just frantically deleting and not communicating. The first step in moderating is communicating. 

Well no matter how you slice it its a pointless exercise.

"Hey folks, you must ignore these pictures.  Or else face punishment."  FFG

People in general resent that sort of treatment and it will/has backfired.

Alienating your customer base over this is a very bad business decision.

I think we should just bump the old threads instead of making new ones. Though I am bumping this thread at the moment.

In my haste I think I assumed most of the old ones had been erased already.  They certainly weren't near the top.   Either way, we need SOMETHING stickied, because people posting new threads simply don't KNOW what's going on. 

You have never had kids have you.

Try telling your 16 year old to NOT do something.

I have 2 and another on the way... and the first part is actually TELLING them, rather than erasing all the warning notes around the house. 

Tokyogriz, on 18 Aug 2015 - 2:50 PM, said:

FFG isn't saying to IGNORE anything.   They certianly don't want the pictures being shared on their own forums though.   It's a legal thing I'm certain.  If the pictures and specific details of any particular leak were allowed to remain up on FFG's own website, then it would be seen as them encouraging the leak prematurely.   They could in theory get into some hot water over that. 

Edited by Crabbok

Alienating them? Who is alienating anyone? FFG needs to protect itself and its license. That means keeping pictures and information from unannounced content off of their website. 

Its been pointed out many times that other toy companies have "spoiled" or shown their release items for Sept 4th.

Most likely this intense FFG crackdown is more an internal crackdown to build up market hype. 

I doubt FFG has a poison pill clause were they lose it all if items are leaked, while other companies give each other high fives while posting spoilers themselves.

And yes Banning and punishing your players for talking about your game is alienating the customer base.

I agree that banning players for talking about your game would be absurd.....

However FFG is only banning people who are posting unlawfully leaked images that violate some kind of agreement between them and Lucasfilm.   It's a legal thing.   Talking about a game, and posting spoilers aren't the same thing.

I'm sure that other companies have a different agreement with Disney. Hasbro wouldn't be stupid enough to breach their contract for a one-time boost in sales. That's just stupid. I agree that FFG is scrubbing the forums so it doesn't seem that they condone the release of those pictures. There's enough history out there to show legal action taken by copyright holders, is warranted, if posted stuff isn't removed fast enough.

It's human nature to say, "Look whay I found"! The need of some to feel important shouldn't be ignored.

Rumour has it that posting leaked images can result in a perma ban :)

Just a ban through the end of the month, from what I understand

According to the guy who originally posted the pics here, his posts are being moderated, but he hasn't been banned.

I think we should just bump the old threads instead of making new ones. Though I am bumping this thread at the moment.

The only issue with that as we experienced last night was you get some people who think it's funny to add the link and photos to the post telling people to stop posting them and then that gets yanked too.

It makes the most sense for someone to have a brief statememt/post that doesn't go into great detail and have that thread both locked and stickied so it remains at the top and the people who can't grasp the problem are unable to mess with it.

Just a ban through the end of the month, from what I understand

According to the guy who originally posted the pics here, his posts are being moderated, but he hasn't been banned.

Well he may not be banned but I'm sure ffg has him in a back room somewhere with a medical droid like the one on a new hope, the one darth vader brought into leias cell. FFG- "tell me where the leaks came from", "dantooine they came from dantooine"

Yup I know it's been said about 100 times lately, but honestly we need a stickied thread.  FFG please consider stickying a thread, like this one, at least temporarily. 

IF you stumble across some leaked information of photos, please do not post them here on this message board.   FFG will erase it.   And chances are, everyone here has seen it too, and has seen countless threads already erased.  You aren't the first one to see it, and you aren't spoiling it for anyone else.   Unless it's been announced by FFG, you probably can't post leaked spoilers for it here.  

It's hard to blame people to might just now be coming here expecting to find discussion about these leaks.... and due to all the deleted threads, it might seem like nobody even knows.    Basicaly, this will lead to more and more people making threads. 

The dingbats are also permabanning anyone who posts them. They love their customers that much!

The dingbats are also permabanning anyone who posts them. They love their customers that much!

And what is your evidence for that?

Because the guy who actually took the pictures and first posted them on here said, directly to me, that his posts were being moderated now, nothing about any kind of ban.

Oh, and he was last online here just a couple hours ago.

Edited by Forgottenlore