Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

Wonderfully Simple App for Keeping Track of Campaign

Yeah. spent last night getting my current campaign in it.  Very nicely done.  The only thing that I would like to see added is something that tells where the cards are from (like agendas and missions.)  Since I don't have anything but the core, I did not recognize some things.  it would be awesome to add card images too, but that would probably require an official FFG app.  BTW, does FFG have an official tracking app for Decent?  If they don't already have something similar started, they should seriously hire the guy that wrote this.

Thanks,
Duncan

FYI, This app was just updated.  Not sure what the updates cover, but I thought that people should know development is continuing.  I would love the author to post some updated release notes.

Thanks,

Duncan

I love the app, started using it.  Had two campaigns already  in progress (with seperate groups of friends) and already found I'd made calculation errors as the cash and XP was slightly off in a couple circumstances with what was on paper and what the app told me.   I really hope it carries on being developed!

On 7/3/2016 at 11:49 PM, patrickmahan said:

I know this is an old topic.... and return to hoth is old news. But does anyone else have trouble adding threat missions to the missions completed?

Yes. Reviving this thread because I just tried this yesterday, but I can't figure out how to tell it we ran a threat mission.

It has an option to include them at initial startup, but then I can't figure out how to access them later?

On the mission tab there's a button top right. Click that to activate a mission.  Story missions are activated automatically, side missions and threat missions get activated in the menu.  When you add a mission it will then have (active) next to it.  This is important because otherwise you won't get the extra influence point for the one threat mission.

Firstly, let me say great work, really nice app.

Secondly, as a new player I am fond of having the paper campaign tracker.  If I use the paper AND this app, am I just making things harder for myself?

Is the app meant to completely remove the need for the sheet of paper tracker?

I updated the campaign to our current(first) campaign with everything that happened so far(only done 2 missions) and I think I have everything correct vs the paper sheet so far.

Great app, the only issue I have had with it is there is no backup or cloud save for data , so after a device got bricked I lost my campaigns. so now looking for alternatives & using paper notes as backup.

2 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Firstly, let me say great work, really nice app.

Secondly, as a new player I am fond of having the paper campaign tracker.  If I use the paper AND this app, am I just making things harder for myself?

Is the app meant to completely remove the need for the sheet of paper tracker?

I updated the campaign to our current(first) campaign with everything that happened so far(only done 2 missions) and I think I have everything correct vs the paper sheet so far.

The app replaces the need to store information about which characters, classes, agenda decks, side mission decks and all of that. For example I have several campaigns running at the same time with different groups of friends, this is perfect for that.  If you only have one campaign and use the bags of stuff method to save, you won't need the app.

21 minutes ago, gingapanda said:

Great app, the only issue I have had with it is there is no backup or cloud save for data , so after a device got bricked I lost my campaigns. so now looking for alternatives & using paper notes as backup.

When I asked the developer, he said there was a backup option, and from my own investigation it seems to backup on Google against the device. I assume if you restore your device you get the state back, but I wasn't able to transfer the saves to my new phone, and I agree, that's pretty annoying

The other fault with the app at the moment is that there is no way to track who has bounty tokens when playing Hutt Mercenaries.

Otherwise, brilliant app!

On 2017. 04. 02. at 6:59 PM, neosmagus said:

On the mission tab there's a button top right. Click that to activate a mission.  Story missions are activated automatically, side missions and threat missions get activated in the menu.  When you add a mission it will then have (active) next to it.  This is important because otherwise you won't get the extra influence point for the one threat mission.

I would like to ask a little help with this amazing app.

I have bought Means of Production from my agenda decks.

I placed it as an active side mission but the rebels chose to play another one. 

If i understand well i get the imperial industry reward card for free in thesee case.

But in the app i found the only method to get that reward card if we play the Means of Prodiction mission.

Can you explain to me how to record our progress properly?