Sign in to follow this  
Corellian Corvette

We are much more civilized than that X-wing forum

We play a more complex game.  A more mature game.  We have refined tastes compared to those X-winger's.  We have more class, more sense, and more respectability than what is happening in that forum right now.

Or at least until we get our own leaked image. Then everything goes out the window! xD (this is a fun satire post, read with heavy sarcasm, and respond with as much!)

We play a more complex game.  A more mature game.  We have refined tastes compared to those X-winger's.  We have more class, more sense, and more respectability than what is happening in that forum right now.

Or at least until we get our own leaked image. Then everything goes out the window! xD (this is a fun satire post, read with heavy sarcasm, and respond with as much!)

If you consider Xwing forum uncivilized guess you have never been to any w40k forum...

FFG xwing forum is one of most civilized i have ever been at.

It is calmer over here actually. Lol. Actually I just accidentally got labeled a troll again in the X-wing forum. Can't really blame them. So tired right now the thread I started does sound trollish to me when read back. I proof read it too so, oh well I guess. You really think something might come for Armada on the fourth?

It is calmer over here actually. Lol. Actually I just accidentally got labeled a troll again in the X-wing forum. Can't really blame them. So tired right now the thread I started does sound trollish to me when read back. I proof read it too so, oh well I guess. You really think something might come for Armada on the fourth?

I think it will. It looks like we are not getting anything for the Force Awakens release like X-Wing is (they are getting the new X-Wings and TIEs in a new core set) We will likely get spoilers in the next week or so I hope

'Tis truly a sanctuary among the fens that is the Gaming wilds, is it not? I've been evicted by the pompous proletariat plebs of a fair few forums for not feigning enough enthusiasm o'er their jeu de jeur. They had the gall to demand unquestioning conformity or expected resigned compliance from any new member who decided to pipe up, as if we were merely poking our heads out of the primordial ooze.

Haha! But here? I should think not! We here have no need to resort to 'post count' or some other tribal consortium to approach matters. We're the fairer gamers, replete with a gift of pensive contemplation, and capable of independent and respectful discourse to settle differences. Image macros, shouting matches, and ad hominems round out their easily exhaustive repertoire.  The words spoken by the Armada Elect wouldn't be sullied with the, and do forgive my crudeness, “I know you are but what am I”... oh how do they say it -It's really quite cute- 'burn'. I believe they'll be asking for some kind of centrally designed 'gamer cred check' before allowing any post, whether it deals with a treatise on the pitfalls of the herd mentality or a jovial quip about the Emperor.

We are not, and never shall be, the same sort of writhing, screeching, scratching ball of malice that so many other 'communities' descend into. Nay, nary, not us.  We shall not descend as Dante or Milton's Lucifer.  We neither dwell in the pits of angst and malaise, nor the giddilocked fields of obliviousness filled with ephemeral sunshine and psalms sung to a deified corporation; for we have found our sanctuary, our refuge, haven, and what a Gallant Haven it is.

Aye, I'm glad to be here rather than back in the wilds. For here is surely the promised land.

At some point in the above I lost track of if I was being satirical or genuine... I think there was some threads of truth there, somewhere. Although that might have just been threads from the seat cushions, it happens.

Edited by Vykes

That hardly looked like an accident.

I realize that this thread is tongue in cheek, but i am kind of annoyed at the organ-waving competitions. I like both games for different reasons. Can't we all just get along? Also, can we stop US vs THEM mentality, when a lot of people are in both communities?

Also, my thoughts on Sep 4th is that we'll get an announcement of wave 3, which includes some TFA content. Because it's still in production, there's no chance anyone will be able to spoil it in advance (unlike X-wing, which is well on its way).

What I know is that for X-wing it was a very hard thing to hide this new product. I kept wondering why the devs were still working on wave 8 back in February, they seemed less than 18 months in advance as declared. All this time they had to hide the secret project they were working on. So for Armada a lack of news means they can't show us... yet.

edit:punctuation

Edited by chilligan

I realize that this thread is tongue in cheek, but i am kind of annoyed at the organ-waving competitions. I like both games for different reasons. Can't we all just get along? Also, can we stop US vs THEM mentality, when a lot of people are in both communities?

Also, my thoughts on Sep 4th is that we'll get an announcement of wave 3, which includes some TFA content. Because it's still in production, there's no chance anyone will be able to spoil it in advance (unlike X-wing, which is well on its way).

What I know is that for X-wing it was a very hard thing to hide this new product. I kept wondering why the devs were still working on wave 8 back in February, they seemed less than 18 months in advance as declared. All this time they had to hide the secret project they were working on. So for Armada a lack of news means they can't show us... yet.

edit:punctuation

This, seriously. The games are very different and there is room in our hearts for both.

Although it's going to be at least semi-pointless to discuss anything there today I think... At least not until the hubbub over the leak dies down.

Myself I love both games, (all 3 really with Imp Assault.) and love them for different reasons. I love the face paced intense dog fighting feel of X-Wing and I love the slow, stately cap ship slug fest that is Armada.