Sign in to follow this  
Forgottenlore

PSA: Leaked Force Awakens Pictures

Meanwhile, no one gives a crap bout leaking Hasbro's products......

FFG took down one of my posts the other day cuz I pasted the link to an eBay page that showed the new action figures, so I figured they were ready to remove leaks about any Episode 7 products. I think we can wait. 2 more weeks... :\

Is there a date for toy-makers to advertise their products or are 100% of Ep 7 toys supposed to be sold blind to lines of people that theoretically don't have any idea what they're about to purchase?

The date for announcing Force Awakens merch is Friday, September 4. The blind selling to lines of people is a result of the fact that retailers would prefer to have as little time as possible elapse between the announcement and the cash register.

Is there a date for toy-makers to advertise their products or are 100% of Ep 7 toys supposed to be sold blind to lines of people that theoretically don't have any idea what they're about to purchase?

I'd hope so, especially with FFG's previous stance of "Once its on the street, it's legal." That's going to create a lot of confusion for people to have potentially new products, rules and possibly even a new damage deck to get used to before World's.

Just because someone else posted the photos, apparently in violation of non-disclosure agreements that were mentioned at the recent GenCon InFlight discussion, doesn't mean you need to be something of a jerk and repost them with the reasoning that "well, someone else did it, so it's fine if I do it too..."

Or as put more eloquently by Shakespeare in Henry V:

FLUELLEN

If the enemy is an ass and a fool and a prating
    coxcomb, is it meet, think you, that we should also,
    look you, be an ass and a fool and a prating
    coxcomb?

Translation: Just because someone else is being an idiot, do you think that you should be an idiot too?

FFG needs to be able to demonstrate, if and when asked, that they made an effort in good faith to keep the embargo in place. Prompt and thorough moderation ought to meet that standard, so I suspect they'll be fine.

"The tighter the grip, the more planets the fall from your fingers..."

The problem with withholding ALL information/photographs/names/etc from a production as anticipated as Star Wars - ultimately creates this unyeilding desire to find/uncover these small scraps and details by it's fans.

FFG needs to be able to demonstrate, if and when asked, that they made an effort in good faith to keep the embargo in place. Prompt and thorough moderation ought to meet that standard, so I suspect they'll be fine.

"The tighter the grip, the more planets the fall from your fingers..."

The problem with withholding ALL information/photographs/names/etc from a production as anticipated as Star Wars - ultimately creates this unyeilding desire to find/uncover these small scraps and details by it's fans.

Hypothetically, if this were the case, what would be the downside of having the fan base worked up into a massive scavenger hunt to find the details? I mean it's not like JJ Abrams has done anything like that before.

One might even come to believe that is the point of it all.

In their shoes I would love to have a suite of sweet releases to release on a specific day. And I would take great pains to make it so.

Failing that, having fans scrabble over small slips here and there is a small comfort and whips up some sections of the fanbase into a frenzy.

I'm quite sure the leak was not from a Fantasy Flight employee, but from a store or distributor. If I were FFG, i would find out where that distributor is, fine them and blacklist them. No FFG products for them. Ever.

Good thing you're not FFG. Nobody would want to do business with you.

You ask them to identify and correct the issue, and then you hammer them over it in the next contract negotiations like a civilized company.

No, you drop them to the bottom of the distribution list, or you just cut them off from buying directly and force them to go to a secondary wholesaler. That's exactly what was done when book stores were breaking their agreements when the Harry Potter books were coming out.

No, you drop them to the bottom of the distribution list, or you just cut them off from buying directly and force them to go to a secondary wholesaler. That's exactly what was done when book stores were breaking their agreements when the Harry Potter books were coming out.

Honestly, it's probably some jackass making minimum wage in a warehouse for Walmart or Amazon, or some such.  They fire the person, and all is probably forgiven.

I feel bad for the person getting fired, but I have to deal with enough stuff I'm not allowed to talk about in my line of work that I can safely say:  "feed your family and don't put s**t on the internet"

Edited by Audio Weasel